PDA

View Full Version : Currency and cash flow

Zdge
05-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Could someone please explain the different currencies and their differences in depth? I understand there is G (Gold, I assume) and P (Someone referred to this as platinum).

Considering cash flow within the Hex economy, is there any word on whether or not there be a way to remove/convert G and/or P into real dollars? Similar to something like the Diablo 3 real money auction house. If the flow of income into the world of Hex is one-way, what can we expect as currency sinks. Drafts come to mind but will there be others?

Erebus
05-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Gold is acquired via in game functions, mainly PvE.

Platinum is their microtransaction currency. Purchased with cash money.

You can use platinum to obtain gold, not vice versa.

Currently they have not released any plans to withdraw currency from the game. Most likely due to the legal and liability issues involved.

slipperyjoe
05-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Hey, new here.

So with gold will you be able to purchase booster packs instead of having to spend real money? Don't expect it to be easy, but if it's possible to grind for booster packs and just get them after time that'd be great.

Socks4615
05-14-2013, 01:26 AM
I think they've said that you can't buy booster packs with gold, but I'll have to hunt for a bit to find the confirmation.

Edit: Or, I could just find it almost immediately: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23032&p=206091&viewfull=1#post206091 ^_^

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 02:09 AM
You can however use gold on teh AH to buy good and services, which may or may not include people selling boosters.

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 02:33 AM
At worse, it'll be tolerated to sell IG wares for $ on Ebay or whatever

˜

Nirosu
05-14-2013, 02:40 AM
From what I've read so far you cannot buy boosters directly with gold. And in terms of Auction House only the fact that gold can be used in someway has been confirmed. It doesn't look like it's been verified that you'll be able to buy PvP cards or boosters from players with gold.

slipperyjoe
05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Ah okay.

In that case, is it possible to keep grinding in a dungeon or something to keep earning gold? Or will there be a finite amount of gold you can earn?