PDA

View Full Version : Ratio of commons/uncommons/rares/legendary?

DanTheMeek
05-13-2013, 09:38 PM
So its my understanding that packs will cost 2 dollars and provide 15 cards, 11 common, 3 uncommon, and either 1 rare or 1 legendary. I'm assuming that the percentage chance to get a rare vs a legendary is going to be kept a mystery (though if that's not the case I'd love to know that too), but has the ratio of commons, to uncommons, to rare, to legendary been announced/decided yet, and if so, what is that? By ratio I mean, we have 350 cards in the pvp set, are there going to be 250 common, 75 uncommon, 20 rare, and 5 legendary? I'm just looking for a rough idea of what the cost will be (at normal 2 dollar per pack price) to get a complete set on average purely through pack purchase, and if the ratios will be similar to what you get from packs or if there is gonna be like 150 commons, 100 uncommon, 75 rare, and 25 legendary resulting in a huge surplus of commons and players needing to buy TONS of packs to actually get anywhere close to getting a full set? Regardless its nice to know there will be an auction house to help trade/sell cards you get 5+ copies of toward getting the ones lady luck denied you, but I'm also hoping we won't need to buy a minimum of a 100 packs just to realistically get a single copy of every rare and legendary, let a lone 4 card playsets.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 11:25 PM
150 commons, 100 uncommon, 75 rare, and 25 legendary look more realistic.
If you buy 100 packs you'll have a set because you'll have primal pack

~

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 11:30 PM
That's not the way statistics works...

Assuming you have a 1% chance of getting a primal pack, 36% of the players that buy 100 packs will not receive a primal pack.

At 2% chance, about 13% of players that buy 100 packs will not receive a primal pack.

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Aye, you have a good shot at getting a set with 100 packs
But they'll probably make sure you get a primal with bulk purchase

˜

Talreth
05-14-2013, 06:28 AM
but I'm also hoping we won't need to buy a minimum of a 100 packs just to realistically get a single copy of every rare and legendary, let a lone 4 card playsets.

Realistically you'd have to buy a lot more. I mean, you can always trade for them. But isn't this how every tcg works? Do you want like, more rares per pack? Or what? There's already primal packs.

DanTheMeek
05-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Actually no there's not, there's only the primal pack IF we reach that goal. I'm not saying odds aren't high we will reach it at the rate we've been picking up donations, but its not a guaranteed thing, and its unclear what the odds are to receive a primal pack even if it does get added. I'm fine with the distribution of commons/uncommon/rares per pack as it is, I'm just curious how many of each rarity there will be. We know we're getting over (due to chance rare replaced with legendary) 11 times the number of commons per pack then rares, so ideally the ratio of commons to rares would be a tleast something like 10 to 1, or 200 commons and 20 rares. If its something like 2 to 1 (150 commons to 75 rares) this game becomes CONSIDERABLY more expensive and suddenly a 350 card set seems much smaller as most of us with bills and on budgets get considerably less unique cards for their buck and all the extras of commons they get become considerably less valuable (not that commons ever have much value in any card game).

Talreth
05-14-2013, 06:48 AM
I think they will have at least 50 rares. Just my guess.

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 06:52 AM
http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/products

For WoWTCG sets :
1st set of a block has 250 cards (without heroes) :
120 Common
60 Uncommon
60 Rare
10 Epic

2nd/3rd have 200 (without heroes) :
80 Common
50 Uncommon
60 Rare
10 Epic

So 70 rares and 20 Legendary seems about right for a 350 cards set

˜

mauvebutterfly
05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm glad it's looking like the less common cards are fewer in number. That will make collecting easier.

I'm used to an even split between 3 rarities, which makes getting all the rare cards a bit of a pain.