PDA

View Full Version : HEX Servers

Lakshman
05-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Hey all, loving everything HEX related so far but am wondering when will we be hearing about servers ?

Will there even be seperate servers ? or will they go the path of EVE for example and have just one, huge server ?

And what about european - america - asia support ? Any talks about server hubs across the world or some such ?

Socks4615
05-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Seconded. I've been wondering off and on if there are going to be multiple servers or not, and I keep forgetting to ask. Thank you, Lakshman, for having my back! :)

WWKnight
05-14-2013, 02:04 AM
I believe it will be international. Liek MTGO. I hope so, as I have a fully international guild im trying to run!

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 02:04 AM
There should be only one server otherwise it breaks the purpose of having a worldwide tournament scene / Auction House.
Also 200ms ping is no issue in that kind of game

˜

d00dz
05-14-2013, 02:06 AM
I agree with the posts that there should only be one unified server. Matchmaking would be so much easier and as Fireblast has said, latency won't matter in a turn-based game.

Tyranth
05-14-2013, 02:10 AM
I play Eve regularly and used to play WoW. One server is the way to go. More people in one area will keep things fresh and interesting.

Socks4615
05-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Just so long as the server can withstand the load and doesn't crash under the weight of rabid Hexmaniacs. ^_^ But I guess beta will help sort that all out.

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 02:35 AM
The chatrooms and queues will be on one server, then the games can be on some others/virtual machines or whatever infrastructure they use to instance stuff.

What's important is that you can talk/trade/play with everyone.

˜

JMFD
05-14-2013, 05:15 AM
The chatrooms and queues will be on one server, then the games can be on some others/virtual machines or whatever infrastructure they use to instance stuff.

What's important is that you can talk/trade/play with everyone.

˜

That sounds about right to me.