PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Keywords

Rapkannibale
05-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Hello,

I am helping out to fill out the Hex TCG wiki over at hextcg.wikia.com and am hoping that we can get some official confirmation on what the different keywords revealed so far do. For most of them I have a pretty good idea of what they could do based on what similar keywords do in Magic the Gathering, but it would be nice to get some official input.

Keywords we know of so far:

Steadfast: A card with this keyword is not exhausted as part of combat. This means you can potentially attack and defend with a troop that has this keyword. (confirmed)

Spellshield: A card with this keyword cannot be targeted by opposing actions or troop powers from troops the opponent controls. However actions or troop powers that don't specifically target anything (don't use the word 'target' in its rules text) can still affect cards with this keyword. (confirmed)

Swiftstrike: A troop with this keyword deals damage to defending troops before they get to deal damage. Normally all attacking and defending troops deal damage to each other at the same time (unconfirmed - likely similar to "firststrike" in MtG).

Defensive: A troop with this keyword cannot attack. (unconfirmed - likely similar to "defender" in MtG).

Flight: Troops with flight can only be blocked by other troops with flight or troops that are otherwise able to block troops with flight. (unconfirmed - likely similar to "flying" in MtG).

Speed: A troop with this keyword is able to attack the turn it comes into play. Normally troops need to have been in play since the beginning of your turn to be able to attack (unconfirmed - likely similar to "haste" in MtG).

Lifedrain: When a troop with this keyword deals damage its controller gains life equal to the damage dealt. (unconfirmed - likely similar to "lifelink" in MtG).

Inspire: Troops with inspire trigger an effect when another troop comes into play under your control with cost equal to or greater than the troop with inspire on it. (confirmed as the rules are stated on the cards we have seen with this keyword).

So if anyone has confirmation for any of the unconfirmed keywords, please reply to this thread with the source.

Thanks!

JoonYoungK
05-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Aren't speed and swift strike confirmed in the how to play video?

JoonYoungK
05-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Void:unconfirmed exile or destroy

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 05:13 AM
Crush unconfirmed Trample

˜

Rapkannibale
05-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Aren't speed and swift strike confirmed in the how to play video?

Oh will have to watch it again and see. Thanks for the tip!

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Rage is missing from the list.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
I think rage was also confirmed somewhere.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Rage is confirmed on the card itself, but I meant it's missing from the wiki as a keyword.

Erebus
05-14-2013, 09:36 AM
And there's Escalate that's been mentioned a few times.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Ah, I thought I had seen cards with and some without a description, but I wasn't sure.

Escalates a good one, and pretty crazy.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Somewhat off-topic, but what decides who goes first?
Seems like the first player doesn't draw based on the gameplay video.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I would assume simulated coin flip or rock paper scissors - or completely random with no player input.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MTG tournaments used to base who went first off seeding, and then the loser of the game has a choice for the next?

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Not in my local shop it wasn't, but we were rather small.

I don't doubt something like that in larger cities/shops.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I only played at prereleases over a decade ago.

Rapkannibale
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
We usually just rolled a die and after that loser got to pick.

But bringing it back on topic. I also now saw a card with FirstStrike so I am confused. Could be that it was just the dev term they were using during development before they found a better name.

And yes Speed was confirmed in the game play video.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Force attack on Rage Monger
https://simply-gaming.com/hex/ut/?page_id=2233#