PDA

View Full Version : Anyone plan on streaming?

rodan
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
I was just curious if anyone is planning on streaming HEX on twitch.tv?

BKCshah
05-14-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm sure people will. I'd do PvE definitely. Not sure how much it'd stream PvP content.

Kami
05-14-2013, 09:39 AM
I will definitely be streaming but I'm not sure when. Currently, Canadian upload services suck and I don't want viewers to watch this game in crappy 360p.

That being said, if the upgrades to my ISP come by August, I should have 150/10 and I'll be uploading 720p video hopefully.

Have an Avermedia Live Gamer HD and Live Gamer Portable ready to go so I'll be streaming on PC and Laptop depending on where I am. :P

Blare731
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah I definitely plan on streaming, not only PvE and PvP but probably make videos on how I do deck building etc.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I might try streaming certain things like guild events, or 'world' events, depending. I do not currently stream, but this might be something I am willing to try, and I have a friend who would help.

BigDog
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
i have some tentative plans to do so after i've become acquainted with the set. I love the idea of crowdsourcing thoughts on the gameplay and how the differences between this game and other tcgs affect decision making. So hopefully, if i'm really bad initially, the 'crowd' will speed up my development and if i'm at okay-good out of the gate, it will at least be entertaining. win-win

Rieper
05-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I am thinking of uploading draft to youtube, mostly to try and get a few friends into it. And if nobody cares about videos i will just use em as a way to keep track if my skills have improved over time. (So long since i drafted in magic, first few will go so badly :P)

Vengus
05-14-2013, 10:00 AM
If anyone here is going to stream PvP matches just be careful you don't have someone spying on your hand through the stream.

Kami
05-14-2013, 10:03 AM
If anyone here is going to stream PvP matches just be careful you don't have someone spying on your hand through the stream.

I might do it if I was just playing for fun as it lets players speculate what you might do.

However, if it were rated/ranked, you could easily create blinders through XSplit and maybe OBS via scene control.

Devaux
05-14-2013, 10:04 AM
I was actually just thinking about streaming HEX. Obviously we won't be able to do it for awhile but I'm sure that the stream community will grow pretty fast after launch.

Magic streams are growing and thats a game that is primarily played on paper. Imagine what HEX will be like being entirely digital.

jtatta
05-14-2013, 10:04 AM
I've streamed mtgo in the past and plan to stream quite a bit of Hex. I'd say at least 3 days a week, probably more like 5 days a week. I'll certainly put a delay on the stream though to discourage ghosting.

Kami
05-14-2013, 10:05 AM
I've streamed mtgo in the past and plan to stream quite a bit of Hex. I'd say at least 3 days a week, probably more like 5 days a week. I'll certainly put a delay on the stream though to discourage ghosting.

Not sure if a delay on stream would be good enough as they would still know what cards you had previously versus what you've played. For a game like this, you would need blinders or a really, really long delay imo.

fluKe
05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Definitely plan on streaming, can't wait for beta to open, hope the next rewards speed up beta ;p

Blare731
05-14-2013, 10:07 AM
I might do it if I was just playing for fun as it lets players speculate what you might do.

However, if it were rated/ranked, you could easily create blinders through XSplit and maybe OBS via scene control.

Only in the qualifiers and world champion ship would you have to worry about this because other than that, you really have no idea who you are going to play against. And people will be matched by ranking so even if you like some guy a lot and you really love watching his stream most likely he is in a different tier of match making and you won't have a chance to get into his matches.

It is the same as LoL play. Yeah you could spectate a pro player if you saw that he was in your game, but most people don't anyway. And in pro tournaments, there is streaming anyway and the pro players are there and they can't do anything but play the game.

Devaux
05-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Not sure if a delay on stream would be good enough as they would still know what cards you had previously versus what you've played. For a game like this, you would need blinders or a really, really long delay imo.

The 3-Minute delay is surprisingly effective even for card games. Also, you'd have to be a really big name in order for some random person in a queue to recognize you as a streamer and start ghosting you.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Eh, if I was to stream casual PvP and got burned by cheaters, the livestreamers would realise that and not care. As long as I 'perform' well I can see it being worthwhile.

Tournaments would be a different story.

Tinuvas
05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
hope the next rewards speed up beta ;p

Amen to that!!! I can't believe how a simple release date of September (beta of course) can make me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Blare731
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
The 3-Minute delay is surprisingly effective even for card games. Also, you'd have to be a really big name in order for some random person in a queue to recognize you as a streamer and start ghosting you.

Exactly and that random player would probably never get into a "Big" names ranking.

jtatta
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM

Sure, that's true. That's what I did for MTGO anyway and never had any issues while having a pretty good number of viewers. If it becomes an issue, I don't have any issue putting blinders on my hand, or the webcam over my hand, but it's much more interesting to watch streams where you can see what the player is doing.

Kami
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Ah, good to know. I haven't streamed much (due to aformentioned Canada upload speeds sucking issues) so don't have much experience in this regard unfortunately.

Thanks for the tips though. =^_^=

BigDog
05-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Sure, that's true. That's what I did for MTGO anyway and never had any issues while having a pretty good number of viewers. If it becomes an issue, I don't have any issue putting blinders on my hand, or the webcam over my hand, but it's much more interesting to watch streams where you can see what the player is doing.

You still planning to stream any Netrunner prior to Hex Beta?

jtatta
05-14-2013, 10:40 AM
You still planning to stream any Netrunner prior to Hex Beta?

Yep, still planning on doing that. Using and learning Octagon is a pain so that's a bit of a turnoff but certainly still planning on doing that.