PDA

View Full Version : 440k unlock achieved!

fluKe
05-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Those pack raptors are looking sweeter and sweeter! :)

Only 1 left on the current line, what do you think comes next?

Eadwyn
05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
They updated the stretch goal picture on the main page of the Kickstarter. It now shows primal packs at 490k and unlocked!

They replaced the 540k with subscriptions at launch.

Zdge
05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Wait a second. I thought equipment wasn't used in PVP, however, this unlock is for "gear" for the Ragefire and Pack Raptor cards????

I'm a little confused about the equipment in general. Does your character wear it? Do your troops? Both? What exactly is different when playing PVE vs PVP when it comes to equipment/gear?

houjix
05-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Wait a second. I thought equipment wasn't used in PVP, however, this unlock is for "gear" for the Ragefire and Pack Raptor cards????

I'm a little confused about the equipment in general. Does your character wear it? Do your troops? Both? What exactly is different when playing PVE vs PVP when it comes to equipment/gear?

No gear in PVP, but PVP cards can have gear when used in PVE.

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Equipment is used on your champion in PvE.
PvP cards are used in PvE (and could be better thanks to equipment)

~

nekoangel
05-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Whats the reason for no equipment in pvp?
I thought it was always in use, makes me like the game less now...

Daer
Balance issues

Fireblast
Whats the reason for no equipment in pvp?
I thought it was always in use, makes me like the game less now...

Balance?

They already have Gems to mix things up

~

houjix
05-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Most likely they want the PVP experience to be mostly true to a physical TCG. Equipment creates a much larger variance that is harder to account for. Also PVP Champs are not the same as PVE champs. PVE champs level up, while PVP don't.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Gems are already amazing in PvP, equips would break it beyond belief.

nekoangel
05-14-2013, 12:39 PM
So why cant we have gems and equips in both?
Seems like way more deck variance can come of it...

I only see it a problem or difference if certain equips and gems get stronger with character lvl

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Equipment is farmed in PvE and can be exclusive.

PvP is about balance and anyone can create an account, buy 60 cards in the AH and go play PvP.
You cannot expect that public to farm equipments in PvE...

~

Erebus
05-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Because you can PVP without ever PVEing, and you can PVE without ever PVPing.

Some people prefer it that way.

Arrow
05-14-2013, 12:52 PM
The devs have also mentioned the idea of experimenting with a special "anything goes" tournament format where you could use your equipment, but I understand not wanting to make that the norm, as some of the current equipment effects would be extremely hard to balance around. Not to mention, all of the KS exclusive cards would give an unfair advantage over people who start playing later in the game's life.

LargoLaGrande
05-14-2013, 12:56 PM
So why cant we have gems and equips in both?
Seems like way more deck variance can come of it...

I only see it a problem or difference if certain equips and gems get stronger with character lvl

The problem with equipment and pvp balance is that its very difficult to tune a card and its equipment such that a card without its equipment isn't worthless, while a card with its equipment isn't too strong. IIRC every card spoiled has had 2 equipment with it, and with a 350 card set for pvp that makes 1400 total cards if you include equipment permutations. Furthermore, TCG balance isn't just card by card, but it also has to take into account possible decks you can build and how they're balanced with each other. MTG has enough problems with this without having three alternate versions of each card. For comparison, 1400 is just under the size of the current Standard format, which in MTG is the last two years of magic blocks. If Cryptozoic wants to have constructed spanning more than one block they can't include equipment otherwise the balancing is going to be far too difficult.

nekoangel
05-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Seems fixable with a currency based purchase system.

Like pvp and pve in wow mmo, but anyways it is how it is. I just really like the equip system to modify the deck.
Are gems usable in pvp?

Fireblast
05-14-2013, 01:00 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

~

nekoangel
05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
thanks for the link, BTW guys 490K has been hit now too.....

Vengus
05-15-2013, 07:25 AM
thanks for the link, BTW guys 490K has been hit now too.....
Onward to 540k! Hopefully they release the next stretch goal today.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Wait.

One the first page it is mentioned that you can use PVP cards in PVE. Then why does the big FAQ thread repeatedly state that PVE and PVP have their own card sets which do NOT have overlap? Now I'm confused again.

Kami
05-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Wait.

One the first page it is mentioned that you can use PVP cards in PVE. Then why does the big FAQ thread repeatedly state that PVE and PVP have their own card sets which do NOT have overlap? Now I'm confused again.

There is a unique set of PvE cards.

There is a unique set of PvP cards.

You can use ALL cards in PvE.

You can ONLY use PvP cards in PvP.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 08:36 AM
AHA!!! That's what I thought! So there IS overlap.

I still don't understand the FAQ thread though, where they say there will be 650 unique cards: 300 PVE plus 350 PVP (or was it the other way?).

Maybe we need a Venn diagram :) I know I could use one.

Daer
05-15-2013, 08:39 AM
There are 650 unique cards. 350 PVP and 300 PVE.

Kami
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM

I still don't understand the FAQ thread though, where they say there will be 650 unique cards: 300 PVE plus 350 PVP (or was it the other way?).

I don't think you understand the definition of 'unique'. *lol*

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 09:18 AM
My head goes KABLOUIE now :)

Maybe I'll fully understand by the end of the week ;)

Basically you're saying:

CARDS PVP PVE
AMOUNT 350 300
PVP USE? Yes No
PVE USE? Yes Yes

Right?

Vengus
05-15-2013, 09:24 AM
My head goes KABLOUIE now :)

Maybe I'll fully understand by the end of the week ;)

Basically you're saying:

CARDS PVP PVE
AMOUNT 350 300
PVP USE? Yes No
PVE USE? Yes Yes

Right?
Yes, you can use all PvP cards in PvE, but the PvE specific cards can't be used in PvP.

Tyrfang
05-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Things get more complicated when you realize there's a no-holds-barred PvP mode that allows for all cards.

WWKnight
05-15-2013, 09:48 AM

While in PvE content, you cannot get new PvP cards. And all cards bought in Boosters are available for PvP. What they mean is they dont want people getting cards inboosters that can only be used in PvE, and they dont want people in raids getting cards for PvP.

Thats what they mean by no overlap. You get rewards for the style you play.

Boojum
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the terminology is a bit confusing. It might have made more sense to say that there's a "core set" usable in any mode and a "PvE-exclusive set"

Turtlewing
05-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes, you can use all PvP cards in PvE, but the PvE specific cards can't be used in PvP.

Except in the special PvP format that lets you use your champion and PvE cards as it's "thing".

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 11:03 AM
But really... 650 unique cards in the initial series? That's an incredible amount. That must've taken a lot of hard work. That's more than the quadruple of the Shadow Era second series!