PDA

View Full Version : Tell All Your Friends

Shaqattaq
05-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Pro TCG player Cedric Phillips discusses his dreams to be a game tester and how Cryptozoic gave him a taste of that life when he dropped by the offices a few weeks ago.

http://hextcg.com/tell-all-your-friends/

Rapkannibale
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
You lucky bastard you! Got to play the game already! :) Apologies no offense intended. I just want this game now. hehe.

Thanks for the article and the preview cards. I could literally incision your dad riolling his eyes when you were screaming about your dive man incident. :)

The only minor complaint I have is that there are really more similarities with other TCGs rather than only the fact that you draw 7 cards and then one more each turn, but I don't consider that a bad thing at all. Having played Magic for a long time it will let me focus on all the awesome new digital only mechanics and not have to worry about learning everything fresh. :)

houjix
05-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Star Wars inserts all over again. I approve since the deck cycling in that game occurred at a much higher rate that they became a problem for a while.

Oh and if you want a serious MM challenge play MM 2. Passwords weren't added until MM 3. 3 friends and I took turns taking down the final 8 bosses over and over again only to be crushed by Dr. Wiley until someone just happened to read the rule book and the description of a certain weapon.

Hexmage
05-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Vampire king seems busted for his costs, so I'm going to assume it's a PvE card.

Kami
05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Vampire king seems busted for his costs, so I'm going to assume it's a PvE card.

Looks like PvP card to me. Doesn't have the PvE symbol on the bottom of the card.

WSzaboPeter
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Vampire king seems fun, but 3/2 would be more fitting, so a basic damage spell could kill it. This way it seems quite powerful.
But it really depends on the amount of removal it has. I mean seriously, if the game is removal (and maybe even mass removal) heavy than the 3/3 that steels creatures when they die is ok. Otherwise it is outright broken.

Hexmage
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
It could just be that the general power level is higher, than what I'm used to from my previous tcg experience.

Rapkannibale
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
It could just be that the general power level is higher, than what I'm used to from my previous tcg experience.

I think this is the case. I mean there are already so many effects that give troops crazy big permanent boosts. I think the power level in this game is just generally higher than for example Magic.

BKCshah
05-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Why does the Wyldebeest second line say 'if you do' as opposed to 'when you do'? Seems like it would confuse a new or experienced player.

houjix
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Why does the Wyldebeest second line say 'if you do' as opposed to 'when you do'? Seems like it would confuse a new or experienced player.

It's just how they template things.

Hexmage
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM

If they didn't put that there you could use a quickaction to kill the Troop but the effect would still resolve.

Erebus
05-14-2013, 02:10 PM
And it leaves it open for other methods to prevent this effect. Such as a constant effect that prevents cards from being put in the deck.

BlueRider
05-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Presumably it is a triggered power, it is templated the same way triggered powers in WoW are, which means it can be responded to by an opponent. If you're opponent destroys it before the power shuffles it back into your deck, then the "if you do" portion stops it from gaining the +3/+3 and losing the triggered power.

TexArcane
05-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Artwork? Insane! I couldn’t love it more unless it was Gangrel on a card!
I LOL'd when I got to this quote. The artwork looks exactly like it escaped from the Vampire CCG. Then again, you might be talking about the WWF wrestler Gangrel. ;)

stephenhii
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Seeing the Megaman pictures reminds me of their promised Capcom Deckbuilding game ages ago.... glimmer of hope!

Anyway Vampire King is really powerful (because he's a legendary card?) but the Vampires are sexier!