PDA

View Full Version : What race are you looking forward to playing the most?

NateOwns
05-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Personally the whole reason I even pledged the game is because I love the concept of the Shin'Hare. Really looking forward to playing a Shin'Hare deck.

Kami
05-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Coyotle here. What can I say? I'm a huge fan of canids. :P

BigDog
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
........The Dogs(Coyotle).

Daer
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Mainly interested in the new races, Shin'hare and Vennen (not so much the Coyotle).

Creepshow
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
I am very much looking forward to playing the Necrotic, but also the Shin'Hare seems like it might prove very versitile

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Shin'hare, Dwarves, Necrotic, Orc, Humans, Elves, Coyotle, Vennen
In that order, more or less.

Turtlewing
05-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't have a stand out favorite yet.

The human Inspire mechanic is similar to my favorite tribe from Magic's (slivers) core mechanic. The Coyotle and necrotic look the most interesting lore wise, but Dwarves sound crazy fun assuming the pointless random destruction lore is well represented in gameplay style.

Vengus
05-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Coyotle and Dwarves look interesting to me, also wondering what their plan for the Vennen is.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Vennen and Coyotle. I will be mixing them in some kind of sadistic horror story of a deck. Probably using the Coyotle to fuel me with life, and the vennen using that life to fuel brutal magics.

Glothr
05-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Between Human and Coyotle right now. Maybe both? I like the lore and concept of the Coyotle. They seem more wise and intelligent than the other races. Their knowledge of time and their ability to traverse it also intrigues me. All I know for certain is that I'm going to be playing a Diamond deck whether it's 100% Diamond, a Sapphire/Diamond mix, or some other mix.

NateOwns
05-14-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping the Shin'Hare get ninjas along with the samurai stuff.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm hoping the Shin'Hare get ninjas along with the samurai stuff.

Hmm, nevermind, that pic is more of a mage.

rodan
05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm really looking forward to Shin'Hare; they look like a lot of fun to play.

MugenMusou
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Based on my background, Shin'Hare.

alpha5099
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
I quite like the look of the Coyotle and the Shin'hare. But I'm also interested in the elves, which is quite unusual as I normally hate elves. That is, I hate what elves normally end up in most high-fantasy settings: impossibly statuesque humans with pointy ears. Yawn. But here they're far more otherworldly, they're more along the lines of fey creatures like satyrs and wood nymphs. I think I remember one of the articles describing them as Shakespearean (can't find that bit now, maybe I'm misremembering), and these are definitely the kind of elves I imagine while reading A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Edit: Found it. Mike Kirchhoff describes the elves as "Shakespearean" in the MMO video preview.

jtatta
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
The gamer in me really wants to explore the interactions with Dwarves and Artifacts. Volcannon really appeals to me and seems pretty abusable with the right combination of cards. I'm just not a fan of winning the traditional way of jamming troops until you do 20 damage.

BigDog
05-14-2013, 02:23 PM
For PVE content, i really hope that i don't have to choose a side/faction on my account and that i can play as both Ardent and Underground so i can play through the same area with different characters on the same login.

Draqoin
05-14-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm most interested in the Coyotle, namely Cleric Coyotle which I believe will be where the lifedrain style will come from. I feel that their wise and peacefulness is a great approach much like my first WOW love the Tauren mixed with my favorite race the Worgen. Already formulating a deck plan. Although I do want to build a red style deck with whatever other dragon cards come out since I'm a huge dragon fan. Probably will be Mono-red so an Orc champion, either mage or warrior whichever charges work out better, would probably be best. As much as I love bunnies and Japan I'm not as interested in them as the Coyotle. Eventually I may make a ranger style deck not sure which champion probably elf, hunter was always my favorite class on WOW. All in all I like the Ardent guys most (good guys!)

Ebynfel
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
I think, like most, the Shin'Hare and the Coyotle are the ones that pique my interest the most. I like the spin on the others, especially the destructive and violent Dwarves. In all, the Vennen really are my least favorite flavor wise, but may be a favorite playstyle wise, as I have been a fan of the 'Suicide Black' of MTG for quite some time(Since it was really a thing in the mid 90s.)

I think they'll all get a shot, and I don't know if I'll like playing as the Coyotle, but lore wise they definitely intrigue me the most, with hte Shin'Hare coming a close second. I also like the looks of the bonded humans and wolves. This game is so going to be awesome.