PDA

View Full Version : Request for clarification about tradability of cards and/or starter packs

Farce
05-14-2013, 02:15 PM
The following two replies on the kickstarter comments page about about what can and cannot be traded seem to be potentially contradictory and in need of clarification. I've underlined the relevant information:

Q:Will the account bonuses like 10% xp, and raid leader +1 in starting hand be available for cash as account upgrades when game is releases? And if so is it safe to assume it will be at a more expensive rate then those who purchased theses upgrades via the pledge drive.... Or are they exclusive to the ks pledge drive?
A:No, we are adamant that the kickstarter rewards are really exclusive to those who were in this with us at the beginning. All of the PvE cards on the KS, the alternate art PvP cards on the KS, and the account blessing (Raid reward, Guild leaders) will never be made available again.
It's important I communicate that all the PvP *cards* (eg, Pack Raptor) *will* be available in boosters, just the KS ones have a different piece of art that will never be available again.
Finally, it's important to know all KS rewards, except 'account blessings' can be freely traded. So there will only be as many Void Marauders as there are people who donated at that level, but those people can trade them to other players if they wish.

Q: The game is free to play, and they've said that when you create your account, you get one starter deck for free. Does that mean that pledging at the $50 level actually nets you five starter decks?
A: It's only 4. The difference is that purchased starters are tradable. When you get a free starter, we won't let you trade those cards. If you buy a starter, you can trade or give those cards away.

~~~

Does this mean that every account has one "free" starter and the kickstarting accounts will have that one "free" starter and 1-3 additional "paid" starters? Will all kickstarter account initial starters be "paid?" Will all kickstarter account initial starters be "free?" In other words, how many, if any, of the kickstarter starter packs and/or their contained cards will be tradable?

Sources:

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1536259341/comments
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/comments
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I would infer that they would be like paid ones (the reward states the worth of each set).

If they were free, I would assume there would be no value there.

Turtlewing
05-14-2013, 02:21 PM
The way I read that is:

When you create an account you get a starter that is bound to your account (to prevent people from opening accounts to strip off the starter).

Kickstarter startes are equivalent to purchased starters and are unbound.

Since there are only 4 starters planned for release, getting on free (bound) for your account and 4 (unbound) for your kickstarter is still only 4 unique starters with one bound starter that is a duplicate of one of your unbound ones. Though there is some ambiguity about the "your choice" and how it interacts with this point.

Farce
05-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Turtlewing, the "It's only 4" clause precludes that and invites the ambiguity.

Xenavire
05-14-2013, 02:35 PM
I think it stacks on top of a basic account - it would work the same way for multi-pledges.

WSzaboPeter
Most likely when you start the game client for the first time you will need to pick a starter. That will be bound to your account. Then you will add the code(s) from Kickstarter and get up too 4 tradable starters.

TheBlueMagician
Turtlewing, the "It's only 4" clause precludes that and invites the ambiguity.

As a Kickstarter backer, you simply don't get a free "bound" deck. You only get 4 "purchased" decks, which are thus "unbound" from your account, and the cards (and deck, I suppose) are able to be traded.

Turtlewing
05-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Turtlewing, the "It's only 4" clause precludes that.

It would seem to yes, but the most sensible interpretation I could think of is to add an implied "unique decks" to the statement on the assumption that the answer means "if you get 4 KS decks you get all 4 of the extant starters, not a nonexistent 5th starter" not that you somehow loose the free for an account deck by buying into too high a tier in the KS.

Farce
05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
All of these seem like ways that Cryptozoic might deal with tradability. I just hope that at least all but one of the starters won't be bound to the account.

NateOwns
05-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Can I save my purchased starter for a future set release?

JoonYoungK
05-14-2013, 05:17 PM
I would think everyone would get all the "Fresh Account" bonuses. which i believe is one account bound starter and 1 free pack. ( i can't remember where i read free pack) Then the kickstarter says 4 starters of your choice (Value $40) this says 3 things to me.
1) starters are $10
2) You can choose to select a starter more than once.
3) these will be considered "paid" starters. I'm assuming the bound starter value is $0.

alpha5099
05-14-2013, 06:50 PM
This question is answered in the KS Q&A thread. 11th question down.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

Q:The web site for Hex indicates that new accounts will start with a starter and booster. I hope supporting through KS does not replace that.
A:The free to play game begins the player with one starter, these are specifically designed for a great new player experience, the starters that will be sold separately (and are offered as rewards on this Kickstarter are different and slightly more advanced), none of the rewards you receive thru Kickstarter will diminish what you would have received otherwise.