PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Subscription?

MugenMusou
05-14-2013, 08:28 PM
If trading is free of charge, at worst I believe we can create multiple account to take the subscription advantage i.e. 4 accounts and pay $4 x 4 to get 4 booster per week. So do you think would it be an option to do more higher rate subscription e.g. $8 for 2 booster/week using a single account? I'd really appreciate if such option get implemented.

TheBlueMagician
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
That runs counter to the purpose of the subscription for Hex.

Where in normal or F2P MMO models, subs were a way to boost more dedicated play, the sub in Hex serves a dual purpose: to give the hardcore player a way to supplement their booster count fairly cheaply, and reward them for continued play, as well as provide more casual players a good deal to keep them wanting to stick around and keep the subscription active.

The low cost removes the large barrier to entry that was a 15/month sub, allowing for the second objective to be met easily, which is more important than securing more boosters for dedicated players.

Allowing for higher sub levels that don't charge more for less (ie: tier 1 $4/4 Packs; tier 2 8$/7 packs, etc.) would basically allow you to circumvent the need to ever purchase a booster, and undermine the payment model used in TCGs.

MugenMusou
05-14-2013, 09:24 PM
I think subscription should be like following:
$4 month (1 month)
$20 month (6 months minimum)
$40 month (12 months minimum)

There is always ratio between how many total people vs. per person profit. New TCG need larger player population and in the end that will be better for the game. We want to find a player to play any time of day. Not a same hardcore person over and over.

TheBlueMagician
05-14-2013, 09:32 PM
I think subscription should be like following:
$4 month (1 month)
$20 month (6 months minimum)
$40 month (12 months minimum)

There is always ratio between how many total people vs. per person profit. New TCG need larger player population and in the end that will be better for the game. We want to find a player to play any time of day. Not a same hardcore person over and over.

I hadn't considered the forced time subs. That might actually be interesting, since it's barrier to entry is a large up-front cost, which makes it less desirable and thus prevents it from being over-used.

Yeah, I could see that working fairly well.