PDA

View Full Version : Android Development

JMFD
05-15-2013, 05:44 AM
If Hex raises a million bucks I vote we demand Android development. I don't want to have to buy an iPad to play mobile, but I will.

I know there is some fellow Apple haters out there ... whos with me! :)

Rapkannibale
05-15-2013, 05:46 AM
I don't want to buy and Android tablet since I own an iPad. :) I don't hate Android by all means and my next tablet may very well be Android but at the time I bought my iPad that was still the best tablet out there.

Kroan
05-15-2013, 05:49 AM
As a developer I can confirm that developing for Android is "harder" than for iOS, so it wouldn't be strange that iOS would come first and serve as the foundation for Android development. If there is gonna be a mobile client at all :)

JMFD
05-15-2013, 05:51 AM
As a developer I can confirm that developing for Android is "harder" than for iOS, so it wouldn't be strange that iOS would come first and serve as the foundation for Android development. If there is gonna be a mobile client at all :)

Yeah the general trend is always iOS first for a while followed by Android. I just don't want to give any money to Apple that I don't have to.

Tyrfang
05-15-2013, 08:11 AM
AFAIK They are already planning on android support down the line.

Cailin_Coilleach
05-15-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm an avid user of Apple's equipment and even I think it's a good idea to make an Andy version sometime soon. There reply is no need to bring OS contention or Holy Wars to this forum.

Bloodthunder
05-15-2013, 08:17 AM
I hope we will get it on ouya. Its on Android too and its a cheap console :)

nekoangel
05-15-2013, 09:44 AM
They said it was always built with mobile in mind and android and ios are one the cards at some point.
Linux was a no go for desktop.

But yeah ouya should be a great platform for it!

I'm android all in so this is a great game I can't wait for as all the good games are ios grrrr

Xenavire
05-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Ouya and other consoles (real home consoles I mean) are touchy topics this early. It would be nice, but there could be issues - then again it could end up as stable as DC online. Better wait and see (especially for un-released consoles I think.)

They did choose a clever engine to build it with I heard, so it might go everywhere someday.

Tathel
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
I was kinda wondering about their mobile support yet no linux. I have never developed anything this graphically intense for tablet but I think it wouldn't be to hard to port to Linux if you are supporting Mac and Android. But i suppose if it even takes a month that might be more time than it's worth for them, especially if it's fairly easy to run through something like PlayOnLinux. Because they could advise that as an option but then have no support obligation.

JMFD
05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
This si the first time I have heard of Ouya. I am definitely gonan spend some time looking into that, looks pretty neat!