PDA

View Full Version : Need Answers Before Proceeding With Pledge

Stok3d
05-15-2013, 06:28 AM
What is the AH cut? (Anything over 5% is too much and 15% is absolutely absurd)
Is the AH fee only taken out when sold or do you plan on including a listing fee?
What are your plans to do with monies excess of $300k you needed to raise? For instance: Every $100k do you have a detailed plan to hire someone on to complete more work and make the product better? Taking on say $1 million w/o stipulating you are hiring X amount of ppl to make the "Better Graphics, Animated fights, Complete Sound Makeover, Support for playing on Phones, etc leads ppl to believe you are just giving yourselves some nice bonuses and linking us some goals you already had on your plate to do.
How do you see this monthly $4 fee giving 4x Packs & Tourn Entry going to have an effect on the economy
Are you going to retire sets from being purchasable?

Also, what are you currently doing with advertisement? MMO-Champions was brilliant. However, you need to have ppl plastering everything possible about this game on all TCG / MMO sites everwhere? ie: wowhead is another place I should expect to see this on...

Some of the answers above are fundamental to the potential future profitability of this game and wish a more detailed plan than what is presented to us.

Rieper
05-15-2013, 06:32 AM
1: nobody knows
2: Donīt know 1, so this is same :P
3: They have stretch goals info on site. Most stretch goals adds something to game(or gets it in earlier, like softsub) and also rewards backers. IMO nice way to do it
4: Not much effect, but is a personal opoin
5: go read topic called Older sets. There been a huge talk about it and they wanted fans opion. So go give your own!

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 06:38 AM
3 : They probably already invested $2M into the game and the last $300k were to pay for arts and final engineering.
We're not funding it from scratch, and we're getting our share on the tiers as in game wares.

Although I understand you other concerns

~

d00dz
05-15-2013, 06:38 AM
What is the AH cut? (Anything over 5% is too much and 15% is absolutely absurd)
Is the AH fee only taken out when sold or do you plan on including a listing fee?
What are your plans to do with monies excess of $300k you needed to raise? For instance: Every $100k do you have a detailed plan to hire someone on to complete more work and make the product better? Taking on say $1 million w/o stipulating you are hiring X amount of ppl to make the "Better Graphics, Animated fights, Complete Sound Makeover, Support for playing on Phones, etc leads ppl to believe you are just giving yourselves some nice bonuses and linking us some goals you already had on your plate to do.
How do you see this monthly $4 fee giving 4x Packs & Tourn Entry going to have an effect on the economy
Are you going to retire sets from being purchasable?

Also, what are you currently doing with advertisement? MMO-Champions was brilliant. However, you need to have ppl plastering everything possible about this game on all TCG / MMO sites everwhere? ie: wowhead is another place I should expect to see this on...

Some of the answers above are fundamental to the potential future profitability of this game and wish a more detailed plan than what is presented to us.

1. Not much info has been revealed about the AH.
2. See #1.
3. See stretch goals. Lots of Kickstarter projects don't elaborate on how they micromanage their funds beyond just giving the stretch goals. Original $300k would be spent on art and engineering as they mentioned.
4. Will probably depend on whether or not those packs can be traded or sold. It will however have an indirect effect on the number of rares/legendaries in the market and as such passively influence prices.
5. That is their current plan but has yet to be finalized.

JMFD
05-15-2013, 06:42 AM
As far as your bottom two paragraphs, in the Kickstarter video Corey Jones posts a phone number there. Those are probably questions for him directly.

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Why would he answer them to some random guy on the phone while the questions are on the forums since day 1 and been avoided?

~

JMFD
05-15-2013, 07:43 AM
The only questinos I have seen on the forum that have been ignored were concerning withdrawl of money.

I don't recall anyone asking about advertising plans.

Fleckenwhatever
05-15-2013, 08:00 AM
The only questinos I have seen on the forum that have been ignored were concerning withdrawl of money.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23304

JMFD
05-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Whether they are announcing thier advertising plans or not, they must be doing it. Donations are just as high on day 7 as they were on day 1. Rare for Kickstarter campaigns.

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 09:37 AM

Sets going out of print and soft sub being devaluating the economy have not been answered either.

~

JMFD
05-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Sets going out of print is something they ASKED the player base to discuss and they would make their decision from there. It isn't ignoring the question if you don't have an answer.

I don't understand what you expect the answer to be to the question concerning soft subs. "Yes soft subs are going to devalue the economy to the point of making this game close forever" or "No prices on cards and boosters have no effect on the economy".

It isn't a yes or no question. They of course will affect the economy, everything does. But seeing as how a soft sub is something the game developer has designed ... it sounds like to like the correct answer would be "The economy is working as intended".

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm not here to judge his questions.
Just pointed out there are no OFFICIAL answers yet :)

~

nearlysober
05-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Call Corey Jones at the phone number he posted, ask your questions, and let us know :)

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm backing already, don't care about those answers.
I know what are the answers to make the game live long, if they do something else I'll just spend less after release

~

WSzaboPeter
05-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Why are people so obsessed about the advertising strategy of CZE. You have found the game, and you where so interested you even posted in the game's forum (and most likely pledged to Kickstarter). Why do you think they lack advertising. Moreover the major advertising campaings will surely run around the time when the game is released. What is to point in wasting millions into advertising a product that will be released earliest in September, but most likely a lot later? I think the media attention this product is getting (thanks to the awesomeness of the product and great PR) is more than enough to net a lot of buzz, and backers. Why would they spend money on a TV advertising or somesuch is beyond me.

Xenavire
05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Besides, no game I know in the history of gaming has ever made a TV commercial to A) get funding, or B) advertise beta.

Internet is more than enough advertisement at this point, perhaps when launch is on it's way, or after launch, they will consider TV.

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 02:47 PM
I recall CZE as a company with good products and bad advertizing, that's why they should start on planning it for release (if not already)

~

Beastmaster
05-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Call Corey Jones at the phone number he posted, ask your questions, and let us know :)

I think Corey Jones should call Chris Roberts (Star Citizen) instead - Crypto needs to up its kick-starter game and start dealing proactively with community concerns. Chris Roberts did an awesome (and groundbreaking) job of this for his KS in a very similar situation where backers who had spent large amounts of real money for digital items in a game that doesnt yet exist needed reassurance that the value of their contributions were not going to be devalued by policy decisions that would be made after all the money was collected.

If something is going to affect the value we will receive for our pledges or the success of the game itself, every effort should be made to answer questions about it before KS ends or at least explain Crypto's position on the issue.