PDA

View Full Version : Constructed - Sideboard or ala WOWTCG's Core?

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 12:01 PM
CZE, I've meant to ask for a while but kept on forgetting.
Will Constructed decks use sideboard and 2 best of 3 ?
How many cards in the sideboard?

Thanks for your answer

~

Xenavire
05-15-2013, 12:04 PM
If it copies most other card games, I imagine a 15 card sideboard (at least for maximum, there may be no minimum).

If there is no sideboard, they may allow complete deck swaps, but that sounds far too chaotic for organised play of any kind. So I would say sideboard or nothing.

I am pretty sure they have implied best of 3 somewhere. Couldn't tell you for sure.

Daer
05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
At 3:50 in the kickstarter video you can see there is a sideboard

Xenavire
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Ah, did not know that. Theres one answer I guess. Only thing is how big? I stick with 15 as an estimate (1/4 of the minimum deck size.)

ShaolinRaven
05-15-2013, 12:08 PM
This begs an interesting question in a digital medium. Primarily being the "as needed" or "realtime" manipulation of side boards and cards that essentially enhance/swap/confiscate side board cards. Would make for some interesting strategies.

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm asking cause MtG is 15, WOWTCG was 10 and is now 0 as the games are best of one to speed up tournaments

~

mauvebutterfly
05-15-2013, 01:15 PM
An additional question, since we've been told that basic resource cards are infinitely available: can you swap out resources of one type for another in addition to using your sideboard? For example, if you had a human deck stretching across three shards, and you realized that your sapphire cards weren't helpful against a deck, could you pull all your sapphire shards out for more ruby/diamond shards as well as swapping out the actual cards themselves with cards from other shards in your sideboard?

Similarly, can you switch gems around in between matches?

Fireblast
05-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I would say Gems and Resources are locked on deck creation.
Although it's interesting to know if basic resources can go to the sideboard.

~

mauvebutterfly
05-15-2013, 01:31 PM
That's probably for the best, although I'd be slightly disappointed that a mostly artifact dwarf deck couldn't switch between ruby and sapphire between games just to mess with your opponent's mind :p

Avignon
06-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Necro bump - I was searching, trying to find out if constructed is best of 1 or best of 3 and if draft is best of 1 or best of 3.

Heard Cory say on one of the Q&A's that there is a sideboard of 10 or 15 cards, but unsure what this relates to.

Hexmage
06-08-2013, 06:44 AM
In draft anything you dont play is your sideboard. And seeing as the game is still in pre alpha they can easily change the sideboard size.

Hollywood
06-08-2013, 06:54 AM
I started a thread for this subject. Cory answered within 5 minutes that "most" formats will be best of 3 with drafts being for sure best of 3. Didn't say anything about side deck size though.

Fireblast
06-08-2013, 06:56 AM
I don't care about most formats, I don't want HEX Standard to be like WOWTCG's core :)

~

Willzyx
06-08-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't remember where I read or heard this, but this is how hex does it:

Main deck: 60+ cards
Sideboard: 0-15 cards

When you sideboard between rounds, you can put all or part of your sideboard into your deck, swapping out as you desire as long as your main deck is 60+ and your sideboard is <=15 when you start the round.

If someone can find the citation for this, rad. I'm 100% positive this is how it works, though. So you can just trust me. =P

Fireblast
06-08-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't remember where I read or heard this, but this is how hex does it:

Main deck: 60+ cards
Sideboard: 0-15 cards

When you sideboard between rounds, you can put all or part of your sideboard into your deck, swapping out as you desire as long as your main deck is 60+ and your sideboard is <=15 when you start the round.

If someone can find the citation for this, rad. I'm 100% positive this is how it works, though. So you can just trust me. =P

Been said on stream.
Constructed Sideboard is 15.
Draft/Sealed sideboard is the whole remaining pool of cards

~

Hollywood
06-08-2013, 07:07 AM
I don't care about most formats, I don't want HEX Standard to be like WOWTCG's core :)

~

Trust me, I'm right there with you. Since this game is based on Magic's resource system though, there's no need to play a bad format just to introduce a higher level of variance.

Prism
06-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Competitive pvp will be best 2 of 3 with a 15 card sideboard. This game is a carbon copy of MTG almost

Rabbitslayer
06-08-2013, 07:55 AM
i wonder how the blocking will work, will it be like mtg where you can assign a blocker sac it for an effect and the original block will still be in effect? cant wait for this to hit alpha!

Daer
06-08-2013, 08:17 AM
i wonder how the blocking will work, will it be like mtg where you can assign a blocker sac it for an effect and the original block will still be in effect? cant wait for this to hit alpha!

Yes. Ben confirmed in one of the streams.

Willzyx
06-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Competitive pvp will be best 2 of 3 with a 15 card sideboard. This game is a carbon copy of MTG almost

Almost. But in this case, it's a little different; your sideboard in MTG must be 15 cards, and when you swap out you must always remove and replace the same number of cards.

Aradon
06-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Almost. But in this case, it's a little different; your sideboard in MTG must be 15 cards, and when you swap out you must always remove and replace the same number of cards.

This rule is actually changing in an upcoming rules update for MtG, thank goodness :)