PDA

View Full Version : Starter Decks

Prince_Barin
05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Morning all.

So i was wondering if you could hold off with your kickstarter starter deck of choice until some of the other races were released. I dont really have much interest in say a human deck but some of the others do.

ShaolinRaven
05-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Or they could just make it that with each expansion you get to pick a free starter deck themed from that expansion as part of the expansions release.

Daer
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
They've said all the booster packs from the kickstarter are for Set 1 so I'm assuming all the starter decks will be as well.

Prince_Barin
05-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Bugger! ....
So we'll (Kings) be running around with 5 starter packs (4 from Kickstarter, 1 from making an account)?

ShaolinRaven
05-15-2013, 12:38 PM
They've said all the booster packs from the kickstarter are for Set 1 so I'm assuming all the starter decks will be as well.

Yes, and I think Prince_Barin was wanting to hold off on the free starter until a set came out that featured one of the other races, since Set 1 will primarily focused on Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, and Shin'hare. So I was suggesting that maybe there could be ways to get a free starter with each expansion so you could go ahead and get the Set 1 starter and still pick up a free starter from an expansion later. Though I don't know how feasible that would really be for Crypto unless it was a pre-release build up and maybe had something to do with getting certain pre-release achievements or trophies so you still had to earn it, but didn't have to pay for it.

Prince_Barin
05-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Yes, and I think Prince_Barin was wanting to hold off on the free starter until a set came out that featured one of the other races, since Set 1 will primarily focused on Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, and Shin'hare. So I was suggesting that maybe there could be ways to get a free starter with each expansion so you could go ahead and get the Set 1 starter and still pick up a free starter from an expansion later. Though I don't know how feasible that would really be for Crypto unless it was a pre-release build up and maybe had something to do with getting certain pre-release achievements or trophies so you still had to earn it, but didn't have to pay for it.
Pretty Much, i kind of understand where Crypto is coming from but it's still a little annoying. Ah well, win some you lose some i guess.

Thanisse
05-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I think starters don't necesarilly need to be made out of booster cards .
they could be made of special cards that are starter exclusive, so they could just print some 10 extra cards for each race that they can add to the next sets if needed for the other races .

also the first set of boosters will have predominantly the 4 races , doesn't mean they won't have elves , undead and the rest (yes ... I am aiming for something elvish as well , but shin'hare will do fine for me as well )
meaning they can just make starters from the "other " not so many cards from the other 4 races .

also I heard somewhere there will be 10 starters .
don't know if it was rummor or fact .

also I think that the 4 races featured might be for the PvP cards only
not for the PvE cards , so there will be a lot of fun to be had with the PvE cards I guess .

Devaux
05-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Starters are to teach new players about the game. Using fake cards to teach players is counterproductive and doesn't help acclimate them. It just makes it more overwhelming once they start using real cards. There need to be cards in the "real game" that they recognize from the starters.

Prince_Barin
05-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Im more looking at wanting to play different races if i want to, just play my mates with a shin'hare deck against their, coyate(?) or undead space aliens, or *shudder* elves

I kinda just wanted the flavor.