PDA

View Full Version : When does the lifetime drafts and login-Lotuses begin kicking in?

Aeris130
05-15-2013, 03:07 PM
At launch (summer 2014)? When the beta launches? Didn't see this answered in the faq.

syphonhail
05-15-2013, 03:28 PM
This is an excellent question.

TheBlueMagician
05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
I heard somewhere that they were planning on a closed beta that focused mainly on PvP and arena PvE, and you would have unlimited access to every card, I imagine so they can test balance and whatnot.

After the closed beta, an open beta would begin that would wipe account stats and remove your access to all the cards, and you would be able to begin buying, trading, and collecting cards. Presumably, this is when we could first receive our KS rewards. I imagine open beta will be much like closed beta, but perhaps with a taste of the structured PvE content.

After the open beta, launch happens, and everything goes online that was promised for launch release.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I heard it from an unofficial source, and I have no link to a comment made by CZE. This is just a "to the best of my knowledge" sort of explanation.

syphonhail
05-15-2013, 03:50 PM
I asked a similar question yesterday and someone unhelpfully made the comment about closed v. open beta and provided no source on that. CZE said they would not be wiping accounts after the beta and have said we would get our awards in September (with the exception of the Pro tournament). This leads me to believe that drafting and the lotuses will be launched in September, but I would love for them to affirm this.

If someone has a link to the open/closed beta discussion, please post that as I would like confirmation of it as well.

Vibraxus
05-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Sounds like lots of conflicting data. I heard from friends (no links sorry) that there will be no beta wipe. Take it for what it is folks, just what I was told by others.

syphonhail
05-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Sounds like lots of conflicting data. I heard from friends (no links sorry) that there will be no beta wipe. Take it for what it is folks, just what I was told by others.

That I can find verification for. CZE specifically said:

Q:Weird question i know, but any plans of a post beta wipe, getting packs and such back?
A:We will not do a post-beta wipe. Once we give you something, we won't take it away in even the most seemingly kind way (eg, by refunding packs.) If you open a super rare awesome card it's yours until you decide to trade it.

You find that here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180 which is compiled from KS Q&A.

EntropyBall
05-16-2013, 06:48 AM
I don't think that means there will be no wipe at the end of beta. I think that means they will never wipe your card collection once the game is released. Its pretty rare to have a beta where your progress carries over to the actual game, since a beta is likely to have game-breaking bugs that people could abuse.

Fireblast
05-16-2013, 07:05 AM
What CZE officially said (don't remember where) is :
Once you can buy stuff in the Beta, there will be no wipe.

That to me means there will be a closed beta phase will access to all (for KSers) then there with be a wipe and an open beta (for KS and more) where you can start to "play for real and buy and trade".

~

Turtlewing
05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
What CZE officially said (don't remember where) is :
Once you can buy stuff in the Beta, there will be no wipe.

That to me means there will be a closed beta phase will access to all (for KSers) then there with be a wipe and an open beta (for KS and more) where you can start to "play for real and buy and trade".

~

The answer in the FAQ at the top implies otherwise.

They've said they're never taking anything away from your account. That means there's can't be a "here's all the cards go nuts" phase as they'd have to take those away afterwards.

I suspect the "closed beta" is their internal testing that's going on now (where all the videos and screenshots come from), and the beta that kickstarters get access to is what you're calling the "open beta".

TheBlueMagician
05-16-2013, 10:27 AM
The answer in the FAQ at the top implies otherwise.

They've said they're never taking anything away from your account. That means there's can't be a "here's all the cards go nuts" phase as they'd have to take those away afterwards.

I suspect the "closed beta" is their internal testing that's going on now (where all the videos and screenshots come from), and the beta that kickstarters get access to is what you're calling the "open beta".

I disagree with the logic on the first point, as they could easily pass it off as something you have access to, but aren't given. The spirit behind the FAQ quote is "once you buy something/we give you a product as part of an official exchange, we will never take it away." There's no real exchange taking place if they just open up the cards, as they aren't really giving you all the cards for free as part of the theoretical closed beta.

I do however agree that the KS beta is probably going to be the first "open beta" of the group, even though it is still a closed beta (otherwise, what's the point of the $10 tier?). I had some reasoning for believing this, but I forget what it was >__>