PDA

View Full Version : So I turned my Hex obsession into a modest little blog...

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Greetings, everyone!

As with just about everyone else in these forums, I'm absolutely excited about this game. So much so that I decided to blog about it, and everything I learn about the game.

Yesterday, I visited the CZE office and had a few questions and concerns I had cleared up by CZE's own William Brinkman. Hope you guys enjoy the read, and I can't wait to see you all in the beta!

http://coolgraycorner.com/

Xenavire
05-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Very nice and informative - thanks for going out of your way to do this!

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks! More than anything, I just want to feed my insatiable hunger for this game. I'm just trying my best to share what I learn with everyone.

jai151
05-16-2013, 02:46 PM
AJ, are you going to try and turn this into a full production going forward? It's rare I've been this enthused about a game and would love to contribute in the future. Obviously it's a little hard to do any kind of content with the trickle of incoming info at the moment (And I am incredibly jealous of your trip to the offices!) but as time goes on...

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I honestly just wanted something to share with my friends, then I figured I could share what I learn with anyone else interested. If there's a demand for more content, then perhaps a full production might happen.

For now, I'm just doing this because it's fun, and I'm close to the CZE office.

Just for fun, here's one of many enormous Hex cards they have adorning their walls:

http://i.imgur.com/xbUCr1p.png

Fireblast
05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Will pointed out that at GenCon, people have been able to turn basic land cards (Magic: The Gathering’s most common card) into Moxes (MtG’s most valuable cards) via multiple trades over the course of the convention. You’ll be able to do the same in Hex.

Yeah sure I can trade a couple Guru Lands into moxes too

~

Fireblast
05-16-2013, 03:04 PM
(Hex Developer Phil Cape for instance, was a top WoW TCG player for a long time)

He was also a writer for WoWTCG and one of the best guys to hang out with at a tournament :D

~

jai151
05-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Very awesome. Yeah, I know how this game can grab you, I've gone from completely unaware to SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!! in like three days (with my pledge doubling daily!)

Unfortunately, or fortunately for them, I'm all the way across the country from the offices. Else they'd be chasing me away with a stick.

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah sure I can trade a couple Guru Lands into moxes too

~

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/07/22/teen.barter.cell.porsche/index.html
Reminds me of this :)

He was also a writer for WoWTCG and one of the best guys to hang out with at a tournament

~

I remember this, too :)

Daer
05-16-2013, 03:44 PM
That Hex card poster is awesome.

caffn8d
05-16-2013, 03:47 PM
It's fantastic that you got to spend some time there. The CZE staff seems incredibly cool. I appreciated the extra tidbits you clarified as well!

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 03:49 PM
It's fantastic that you got to spend some time there. The CZE staff seems incredibly cool. I appreciated the extra tidbits you clarified as well!

Thanks! They were all extremely helpful, friendly and as awesome as I imagined.

Digital_Aether
05-16-2013, 04:57 PM
They need to have a way for people to get those posters once the game comes out. That looks awesome, and I think having some crazy shin'hare decorating the walls sounds great.

Stok3d
05-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks for sharing. You may want to put your blog in your sig and remind ppl you live down the street from HQ

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Thank you for reading! The link is in my sig, but great idea with the second part :D