PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Drafting

Shaqattaq
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
by Jackie Lee

Guys! Guys! Let me tell you about my draft deck!

http://hextcg.com/dwarven-drafting/

Thanisse
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
OMG , the humans give the inspire effect to all other troops , not only humans :D ?
this is so much better than what I expected xD
I thought they made the faction speciality be useful only for the familly xD .
niice .

Dragkin
05-17-2013, 05:45 PM
You know, after seeing the Dwarves today, the Orcs the other day and how the Humans worked during the Twitch feed, I really like how each race plays unique to themselves. This really opens up the game to a great number of different deck building types: theme, race, combo etc.

For today's cards - I rather like them. Eurig the Robomancer is a tad bit on the expensive for his attack/defense, but his ability is really fun. The Theorycrafter is really cool too, especially in relation with Eurig. I really do like the synergy working here for PvE though - equipping the Shragger creates double the number of War Bots you'd make. That can swamp the board with War Bots, making both of them so much stronger.

Vengus
05-17-2013, 06:17 PM
OMG , the humans give the inspire effect to all other troops , not only humans :D ?
this is so much better than what I expected xD
I thought they made the faction speciality be useful only for the familly xD .
niice .
I like how interchangeable the races are, gives tons of options to create decks. Better than having 8 different decks set in stone. Yugioh eventually went in that direction with the archetypes which I don't like, so I am happy HEX isn't going that way.

Mokog
05-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I can see a lot of metagame in this starting environment. Absolutly excited. We also have the PvE to look forward to! I see inspired artifact troops on the horizon.

ShaolinRaven
05-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Eurig the Robomancer is a tad bit on the expensive for his attack/defense, but his ability is really fun. The Theorycrafter is really cool too, especially in relation with Eurig. I really do like the synergy working here for PvE though - equipping the Shragger creates double the number of War Bots you'd make. That can swamp the board with War Bots, making both of them so much stronger.

Thats why Eurig costs so much, he creates a 3/3 for free and he gets +1/+1 for it and every artifact you control. Dwarf/Artifact looks fun, but I'm still holding out for main decking a Shin'hare Wild/Blood deck. That and a Vennen deck when we get more cards for them.

Though a Saphire/Diamond human inspire deck also has me intrigued backed with a few control cards for creatures or spells you might have problems with as humans.

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Thats why Eurig costs so much, he creates a 3/3 for free and he gets +1/+1 for it and every artifact you control. Dwarf/Artifact looks fun, but I'm still holding out for main decking a Shin'hare Wild/Blood deck. That and a Vennen deck when we get more cards for them.

Though a Saphire/Diamond human inspire deck also has me intrigued backed with a few control cards for creatures or spells you might have problems with as humans.

it's +2/2
so he basically pays for himself , even if you have no artefacts .
he's going to be 4/4 and make another 3/3

if you have 2 more 1/1 silly bots , he's 8/8 and makes a 3/3

he's really good , and chances are you will have ways to speed him into play .

also the theorycrafter is great , he can get speed with his red gem :D

Erebus
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
That brings up an interesting point, looking at the Theorycrafter and the gems available.

"When this troop deals damage to a Champion, that Champion loses a resources point."

Threshold, mana and resource. Does that mean the champion gets a permanent [0/-1]. I.e. it's basically land destruction?

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 02:39 PM
if we are interpreting it right , yes , it's land destruction.

Fireblast
05-19-2013, 12:27 PM
The article is no more on the frontpage of hextcg.com

It's nomore on the website either

How come?

~

m4nt1c
05-19-2013, 08:12 PM
I def plan on playing dwarves, I have an affinity for artifacts if you know what I mean ; ). Also I saw Jackie at PT San Diego today, GJ Jackie!!

alpha5099
05-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I'll need to see more of the cards obviously, but I'm leaning towards Dwarves right now as the race I'm most looking forward to playing. I'm currently planning on running Spectral Lotuses in my Dwarf deck, with no intention of using their effects, just as a draw effect (and minor heal with the equipment) that'll also power up all the Dwarves and their artifact combos.

Though to be fair at this point we don't really know much about the mechanics and flavor of the four races that aren't being focused on in Set One. Aesthetically, the Coyotle are my favorite, but I have no idea what their hook is, the way Dwarves have artifact-power effects, Humans have Inspire (which I also think is a really cool theme, I'll definitely be toying with Inspire a lot), and Shin'hare have huge swarms of bunnies.

ShaolinRaven
05-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Yeah I was planning to play mainly a Shen'hare swarm and secondarily a Dwarf/Artifact, but that inspire for humans is really making me think of switching my main deck to them and putting the other two lower on the list.

Thanisse
05-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeah I was planning to play mainly a Shen'hare swarm and secondarily a Dwarf/Artifact, but that inspire for humans is really making me think of switching my main deck to them and putting the other two lower on the list.

it's really cool how they made an otherwise boring race actually fun
I think it's the second time ever I am actually intrigued in playing humans in a game (first time was wow tcg draft in the current block )

Madican
05-19-2013, 10:25 PM
What happened to this topic's article? Just vanished.

Omegahugger
05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Hey, it's back!

Fireblast
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey, it's back!

It's always been there... :D

~

Madican
05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
You saw nothing.