PDA

View Full Version : Pro Player Tier

Yari
05-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Alright. Pro Player is picking up alot of steam right now on Kickstarter. My question is, what do you guys think will happen to the total amount of $ pledged once we run out.

It is quite clear that Pro Tier is a little too popular, and I think we'll hit a wall when it has ran out. I don't see many going for Grand King just to get that free draft in. That one is alot more expensive.

I'm just hoping we can keep unlocking Stretch Goals. But at this rate I wonder if we'll see a significant decrease soon.

d00dz
05-17-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm guessing that the number of pledges will decrease from here on out. The obvious hot commodity is the Pro Player tier and once it runs out, GK will probably be next but with the price differential I don't see as many pledges coming in.

There should be another spike in activity towards the end of the KS campaign though as is common with many KS.

Fireblast
05-17-2013, 05:33 PM
$250k will come from Pro Player

When sold out they'll represent 1/3 of the total.

All other things equal, we'll end the campaign at $1.7M.

~

d00dz
05-17-2013, 05:35 PM
From the comments section of the KS:

Hey backers. William here. I've reconciled the PayPal orders and the limited tiers this afternoon and adjusted quantities. Since there are so few Pro Player tiers left, we've stopped taking orders for that tier on the PayPal site since it could easily sell out over the weekend and there's no way to make the total quantity between the two sites match up. So, the final 100 or so Pro Player tiers are available here.
I'll be updating tomorrow morning (Saturday) before noon PST with the new stretch goals (720K, 790K, and 860K) as well as the write-ups on the rewards. Sorry for the delay on those, but we were very focused on being able to deliver you the stream of HEX this afternoon. The tiers are super sweet so they'll absolutely be worth waiting for. Scout's honor. (I raised my right hand and everything)

Yari
05-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Kickstarter actually just got updated. They stopped taking orders on the site already. There are now only 100 left, for Kickstarter exclusively.

Edit: Beat me to it ;)

Fireblast
05-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Fyi

hey backers. William here. I've reconciled the paypal orders and the limited tiers this afternoon and adjusted quantities. Since there are so few pro player tiers left, we've stopped taking orders for that tier on the paypal site since it could easily sell out over the weekend and there's no way to make the total quantity between the two sites match up. So, the final 100 or so pro player tiers are available here.
I'll be updating tomorrow morning (saturday) before noon pst with the new stretch goals (720k, 790k, and 860k) as well as the write-ups on the rewards. Sorry for the delay on those, but we were very focused on being able to deliver you the stream of hex this afternoon. The tiers are super sweet so they'll absolutely be worth waiting for. Scout's honor. (i raised my right hand and everything)

~

Tyrfang
05-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I expect them to add another Pro Player pledge tier, but at $275-300 or give an add-on for $150-200.

Vengus
05-17-2013, 05:43 PM
The KS will slow down a bit, some will go with GK, others will refresh for weeks hoping someone upgrades their pro player. I expect to see the amount of King Tier pledges go up, probably a lot of doubles too. ($240 for 300 boosters). Hopefully we can unlock the rest of the stretch goals, and so far it seems they are getting plenty of money from the other tiers aswell.

d00dz
05-17-2013, 05:47 PM
I expect them to add another Pro Player pledge tier, but at $275-300 or give an add-on for $150-200.

I honestly hope they don't add unlimited drafts as an add-on. It significantly cuts down on CZE's revenue stream and the current number of Pro Player pledgers are already a lot, bringing many free cards to the market. As Cory has said, they never anticipated people multi-stacking tiers to get the most desirable perks (unlimited drafts in this case). Pulling out that promise would only have enraged fans so they had to stick with it.

The 1000 Pro Player tiers and higher should be enough and I guess a suitable reward for the people who pledged early and believed in the project.

BlindMan
05-17-2013, 05:47 PM
The run on the pro player tier will be a spike in the pledges, but for those people who were never going to go as high as $250, king still represents a great value. All of the lower tiers are showing good numbers as well.

swigmonkey
05-17-2013, 06:10 PM
I made a second KS account to get my second Pro Player. It was a toss up between the 2 drafts a week versus the Grand King tier. I know I'll enjoy the TCG a ton without a doubt. The PVE aspect I am still unsure on and that was really the difference maker the value. I think if they would of added free packs or something weekly to the other ones it would of been more of a balancing act, but 12 free packs a month is to good of a "pay for itself" value within the first year and winning drafts just make it that much more incredible.

Daer
05-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Only 35 left.

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 07:20 PM
I agree the PvE side is lacking and they explained why, but the sooner it comes out the sooner more people will feel comfortable dropping more money on the game once Pro tier runs out. If the PvE side is really really good, then the Dungeon Crawler could turn out to be a really good deal. It's just we have no way of justifying the cost as we can't assign a value like with pro tier which is an obvious 7$ a week for life.

OGwawa
05-17-2013, 07:39 PM
aaaaand they're gone

Daer
And Pro Player is gone.

BlindMan
And that's a wrap. Just sold out.

Envec
05-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Pro Tier is goooooooone! Amazed at how fast the second half of this tier sold.

YouMustChoose
05-17-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm hoping that they upgrade the higher tiers to free up some of the pro tiers. Not all of us can afford a second mortgage just to get all the cool stuff in this game >_<

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 07:42 PM
it was only a matter of time. With a 600 spots left, you have "plenty of time"..when its down to 100 and there are literally thousands of people pledging, it is quite easy to realize you don't have much time and its a now or never moment.

BlindMan
The next jump after they sold out was someone pledging GK. I wonder if they just missed the pro tier and couldn't deal with it?

Edit: Make that 2 people.

Kami
Now I wonder how many people will turn around and sell their extra 'Pro' accounts for a profit. >_>

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm hoping that they upgrade the higher tiers to free up some of the pro tiers. Not all of us can afford a second mortgage just to get all the cool stuff in this game >_<

You still had 3 weeks to come up with the money. I personally have resorted to mowing lawns, cleaning other people's houses and cutting my lunch down to under 3$ for remainder of the time left so I can afford my pro spot. Which is funny, I get a 4100$ school check 3 weeks after the kickstarter ends. Since that is too late, I am doing what I must to not miss out on this deal. If you think about it, there are things you could probably cut out in order to have the money. It's just a matter of priorities. Is pro more important than a combo meal for lunch and my weekends for 3 weeks? Yes it is LOL

enkur
05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Paypal was separate from Kickstarter. I had no idea we were even close to running out. I am already in at Grand King. Is there anyway to add a couple of Pro Player Tiers to my account?

funktion
holy crap, i look away for an hour and the last 150 pro tiers all sold. that was fast, glad i at least saved the 2nd pledge though not sure if ill keep it

jai151
I thought I read somewhere that Paypal was separate from Kickstarter. I had no idea we were even close to running out. I am already in at Grand King. Is there anyway to add a couple of Pro Player Tiers to my account?

No. All Pro Tiers are gone.

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 07:52 PM

Technically if someone drops their pro, you could grab it but the chance is very unlikely. Pro is now like the early bird king. If they open up, they will be gone instantly.

YouMustChoose
05-17-2013, 07:53 PM
You still had 3 weeks to come up with the money. I personally have resorted to mowing lawns, cleaning other people's houses and cutting my lunch down to under 3$ for remainder of the time left so I can afford my pro spot. Which is funny, I get a 4100$ school check 3 weeks after the kickstarter ends. Since that is too late, I am doing what I must to not miss out on this deal. If you think about it, there are things you could probably cut out in order to have the money. It's just a matter of priorities. Is pro more important than a combo meal for lunch and my weekends for 3 weeks? Yes it is LOL

I'm talking about those of us who can barely make pro but can't afford GK. You're right that I can cut food out of my budget and make 250, in fact I am, but would I ever be able to make 500? Not without skipping rent. Though maybe if I show him the site my landlord will understand....

Daer
05-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm talking about those of us who can barely make pro but can't afford GK. You're right that I can cut food out of my budget and make 250, in fact I am, but would I ever be able to make 500? Not without skipping rent. Though maybe if I show him the site my landlord will understand....

I suggest watching the kickstarter video again for tips.

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Ah, yea. I would give up my pro for a GK if I could. Like you, skipping rent would be the only option, but if my wife found out I skipped bills for a game (500$ no less), I would be single lol. Now if my account had 500$ overdraft protection, I would upgrade and just pay the bank when I got the chance.

Barov
05-17-2013, 08:04 PM
I was watching today to decide if I wanted Pro. Was ~300 after stream, so figured I was fine till tomorrow. Then checked an hour ago ant is was <50 lol. Caved to the pressure I went for pro.

BlindMan
05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Dang...someone dropped a pro tier a second ago and it just got picked up.

dasn00b
05-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Yikes. Curse you Paypal and Linden Lab...

My original plan was to get a GK via Kickstarter and then add on a Pro Player tier via Paypal, utilizing money I had on account with LL. So I requested my LL cashout on Monday. This morning before I had to go out the money had not yet arrived. I come back tonight and the money finally showed up, but Paypal Pro Players were gone and the KS was almost all out. I can't pull the trigger yet on downgrading from GK on KS, should a Pro Player free up.

Now to get a GK via Paypal (which is why I would downgrade on KS), I've had to request a transfer from my bank account into my Paypal to get the necessary funds online. And for that I have to wait until Tuesday for the cash to arrive. I don't think the Grand King tier's going to last that long though... I suppose if all else fails, buy up a bunch of King tiers and stack up Spectral Lotus Gardens?

Tyrfang
05-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Why not just make a second kickstarter account?

dasn00b
05-17-2013, 08:38 PM
With the benefit of hindsight, yeah I should've just gone ahead with a 2nd KS. I guess I got thrown off from reading all those different posts about how to multi-pledge, and so I committed to the solution of having everything on the same e-mail address to make it easier when it came time to contact customer service to merge the rewards of the multi-pledges. Obviously it didn't work.

Tyrfang
05-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Well, you might be able to luck out on people who hop from PP if they choose to improve the higher tiers.

syphonhail
05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Well, you might be able to luck out on people who hop from PP if they choose to improve the higher tiers.

As I mentioned in the other thread, you may be able to bargain with someone and give them a monetary incentive to pledge higher. In theory, they could coordinate their upping so you can swoop in and grab it. I am quite curious if this will occur.

CodexReaper
05-17-2013, 08:46 PM
The odds of picking up a Pro Player Tier at this point seem scarce - unless you camp the Kickstarter page, you probably won't be able to snag the occasional opening. The only way to really guarantee the PPT bonus right now is going full Grand King for twice the cash.

What seems curious to me is how ridiculously lopsided the $250 pledge bracket is. PPT is sold out (900+), the second-highest one is Dungeon Crawler with only 68 - Grand King has over 5x more pledges at ~350. PPT is the only PVP-centric tier, the other three focus primarily on PVE - I wonder if there's a way Crypto can highten the appeal of those other three?

d00dz
05-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I will be dropping 2 (out of 5) Pro Player pledges if they improve the Producer tier, which I really hope they do (all the upper tiers need a lot of reworking).

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 08:52 PM
The odds of picking up a Pro Player Tier at this point seem scarce - unless you camp the Kickstarter page, you probably won't be able to snag the occasional opening. The only way to really guarantee the PPT bonus right now is going full Grand King for twice the cash.

What seems curious to me is how ridiculously lopsided the $250 pledge bracket is. PPT is sold out (900+), the second-highest one is Dungeon Crawler with only 68 - Grand King has over 5x more pledges at ~350. PPT is the only PVP-centric tier, the other three focus primarily on PVE - I wonder if there's a way Crypto can highten the appeal of those other three?

The raid leader and guild leader imo, aren't that good of value compared to grand king or pro tier. 10% exp is nice while leveling and useless at max level. Having +1 card in your hand only works in single player and raids, and not during tournaments. Imo, neither of those are worth 130$ as the use just isn't there. 2x king would be a lot better deal. Dungeon crawler imo is worth it from what I can tell, but we really need more information on PvE stuff. Dungeon crawler will work with new dungeons and technically will never become useless and saves time (time = money) but free drafts is a solid guaranteed 7$ a week saved.

BKCshah
05-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't know. Have you ever worked on a project with someone with whom it is incredibly difficult to work. I could see that being part of the price point.

Office Chat --
1: Remember XXXX, he was not easy to work with. Crazy ideas that couldn't be worked into our concept.
2: Yeah, he was tough. Always wanted revisions. Never like our direction
1: How much would I have to pay you to work with him?
2: 10K

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 09:00 PM
I will be dropping 2 (out of 5) Pro Player pledges if they improve the Producer tier, which I really hope they do (all the upper tiers need a lot of reworking).

I don't think the upper tiers will get improved. I do think the rest of the 250 tiers should be improved though. Grand king is a nice deal imo, Dragon lord tier is an okay deal. I'll agree the rest aren't that great but look at the # of pledges. They are such a small small small part of the overall pledge amount that its obvious 120-500 is the range most people are comfortable spending (value wise and possibly for other reasons) so the 250 tiers that aren't getting attention need to be made more attractive to create more interest.

CodexReaper
05-17-2013, 09:00 PM
The raid leader and guild leader imo, aren't that good of value compared to grand king or pro tier. 10% exp is nice while leveling and useless at max level. Having +1 card in your hand only works in single player and raids, and not during tournaments. Imo, neither of those are worth 130$ as the use just isn't there.

I agree, and that's why I went with Pro Player. :) The others have interesting aspects, but they really don't appeal as much as what is in the PPT package. They're what make Grand King appealing, except for its price tag. Now, that said, we don't really have many details on the PVE side to this game to go on, but everybody knows how TCG PVP works, so that could also be a factor.

Daer
05-17-2013, 09:03 PM
They could balance the other tiers by giving them extra stuff at one of the stretch goals.

CodexReaper
05-17-2013, 09:08 PM
They could balance the other tiers by giving them extra stuff at one of the stretch goals.

That'd be my guess as well. We'll see at least two more goals revealed tomorrow.

Deathfog
05-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Extra free drafts are the biggest draw, so more of those on the K+ packages might sell more. 2 free drafts on the GK tier would very likely lead to it selling out fast.

Ashenor
05-17-2013, 09:21 PM
I would hop on GK this weekend if you are thinking about it. I am sure there will be some people that wake up in the morning to go get a pro tier that are going to be shocked.

Genosaurer
05-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Extra free drafts are the biggest draw, so more of those on the K+ packages might sell more. 2 free drafts on the GK tier would very likely lead to it selling out fast.

the GK tier will sell out on its own imo. As will Dragon lord (only 14 spots left). It's the 2500+ tiers and the other 250 tiers that need some love.

Stretch goals that increase the value of the other 250 tiers would be kind of upsetting. How do you balance it which they are aimed at different people (by that I mean different PvE aspects). If the next 4 stretch goals increase Collector's to 10 alternate cards for life, Increase PvE experience of Raid leader by 5%, Give the Guild leader pack 30 more boosters, and give dungeon crawler 10 more rare/legendary equipment would you think those are good goals? They would provide little to 0 benefit to all the people that already pledged and take up 720-860k (and i assume 940k) range of stretch goals.

The tiers should be desirable on their own, bottom line. Now that being said, if the stretch goals gave more benefits to King+ pledges (extra primal packs, more drafts, etc) everyone benefits and increases the desire of those tiers without cutting most of the previous pledges from gaining something from the new tiers.