PDA

View Full Version : Dragon lord cards?

BossHoss
05-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Has the information been released yet as to what card a dragon lord will get their likeness on? Do you have a choice? Is it rare, mythic, common, etc? Can it be a champion or mercenary? Will it be in the first set?

Thanks

WSzaboPeter
05-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Has the information been released yet as to what card a dragon lord will get their likeness on? Do you have a choice? Is it rare, mythic, common, etc? Can it be a champion or mercenary? Will it be in the first set?
I totally want a Mythic Two handed Axe Equipment to have one of my cat's likeness on it. I mean seriously, why does this matter?

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Your cat said it preferred the Warhammer.

Daer
05-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I think the only thing they have said is that it will be in future sets.

WSzaboPeter
05-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Your cat said it preferred the Warhammer.

Yes, but that was a trademark of Games Workshop Limited, so I had to change to avoid getting sued.

BossHoss
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
The reason I ask is that I already bear an uncanny resemblance to many of the orcs and goblins in so many tcg's that I would rather just get grand king and save the $500

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Yes, but that was a trademark of Games Workshop Limited, so I had to change to avoid getting sued.

:)

Cato
05-18-2013, 12:48 PM
This question has already been covered in the stickied FAQ. I've pasted it for you. :p

Q: Regarding the vanity cards: are they strictly vanity or are they going to be usable? If usable are they going to have exposure as a card in an upcoming set or just personal use? Will they be PvP or PvE based? Will we receive 1 or 4 copies? If personal use, are they going to be tradeable?

A: The vanity cards will be usable and be in a future set of the game (so everyone can play with it). They will be tradable (as long as they aren't an AI-only card), you will get to work with us on whether they are PvP or PvE cards.

... So one day we are going to see something like 'Dragon Lord Ashenor' in Set 2 say. Thats pretty damn cool.

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 12:58 PM
The reason I ask is that I already bear an uncanny resemblance to many of the orcs and goblins in so many tcg's that I would rather just get grand king and save the $500

Well the good news is you don't have to ponder it anymore. Dragon Lord is sold out, so get out there and get your Grand King!

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 12:58 PM
This question has already been covered in the stickied FAQ. I've pasted it for you. :p

Q: Regarding the vanity cards: are they strictly vanity or are they going to be usable? If usable are they going to have exposure as a card in an upcoming set or just personal use? Will they be PvP or PvE based? Will we receive 1 or 4 copies? If personal use, are they going to be tradeable?

A: The vanity cards will be usable and be in a future set of the game (so everyone can play with it). They will be tradable (as long as they aren't an AI-only card), you will get to work with us on whether they are PvP or PvE cards.

... So one day we are going to see something like 'Dragon Lord Ashenor' in Set 2 say. Thats pretty damn cool.

I concur!

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 01:02 PM
I totally want a Mythic Two handed Axe Equipment to have one of my cat's likeness on it. I mean seriously, why does this matter?

sigmund freud would say that you hate your cat , did it do something awkward with you lately :P ?

BossHoss
05-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Well the good news is you don't have to ponder it anymore. Dragon Lord is sold out, so get out there and get your Grand King!

I'm actually already sitting on Dragonlord and 5x pro so was just trying to get the info on it to see if its worth changing my mind.

Thx Cato for the sticky also!

YouMustChoose
05-18-2013, 01:08 PM

are you kitten me?

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm actually already sitting on Dragonlord and 5x pro so was just trying to get the info on it to see if its worth changing my mind.

Thx Cato for the sticky also!

Ah nice, i thought you were still deciding. That is quite the commitment to the game!

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 01:10 PM
are you kitten me?

Just epic ha.

Thanisse
05-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Ah nice, i thought you were still deciding. That is quite the commitment to the game!

it's a commitment that will allow him to play this game for free for the rest of his natural life :))
5 drafts a week + a TON of cards at start of the game will earn him very fast more than enough cards from each set as they release.

needless to say the money he will make on selling the extra alternate arts and so on :P

WSzaboPeter
05-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Dragonlord and 5x pro
That's 250 short of primal. Why would you want so many pros instead of simply going Primal with all that money? I think Primal is actually a lot better, because you get your own sleeve, that is show in each and every game. (+4x everything…)
Or am I missing something? Why do people hoard PROs? Don't get me wrong, it's your money, and your support, I'm simply trying to understand why n×PRO is so great.

Daer
05-18-2013, 01:17 PM
for the 1 draft/week for life, basically free cards from every set ever released.

Vengus
05-18-2013, 01:17 PM
That's 250 short of primal. Why would you want so many pros instead of simply going Primal with all that money? I think Primal is actually a lot better, because you get your own sleeve, that is show in each and every game. (+4x everything…)
Or am I missing something? Why do people hoard PROs?
Free drafts, they stack.

Hadin
05-18-2013, 01:20 PM
The major value of the Pros is that they will still net you new cards each week after the new sets come out. Having a playset of the starter set is great, but there will be ridiculous amounts of the set floating around simply from the Kings+, so most of the cards will be worth almost nothing. Once the second set comes out, drafting once, twice, or five times a week for free will see a lot of value.

jai151
05-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Or am I missing something? Why do people hoard PROs? Don't get me wrong, it's your money, and your support, I'm simply trying to understand why n×PRO is so great.

Primal is 4x of the first set only. You'd have to go Producer for the same card advantage as multiple pros

WSzaboPeter
05-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Primal is 4x of the first set only. You'd have to go Producer for the same card advantage as multiple pros
I was not planning on getting primal, so I did not read it carefully. If it's the first set only, than by all means a lot of pros are a lot better choice. Thanks a lot for pointing that out.