PDA

View Full Version : My problem with Primal

ArtAttak
05-18-2013, 02:38 PM
I have a GK and a Pro and I've been trying to talk myself in to upgrading to Primal (the idea of custom sleeves has me drooling) but I keep getting stuck on the potential ruining of the PvE side by getting 4x of every card at release. Doesn't that completely eliminate the reward for playing a huge portion of the game? I suppose there's always gear but still.

Anyone else feel similarly? Or am I alone in a sea of people wishing rewards would be juiced wishing for less?

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I completely feel the same, i have no desire to have 4x of everything at release. I mean with all the packs we have, we already are going to have a ton.

And we have a ton of PvE promo's already, i want to explore it all and gain rewards as i go.

I wish they would have moved the design a card down to Primal, and added more to Producer.

Vengus
05-18-2013, 02:41 PM
You only get all the cards of the first set, so you won't be ahead of people forever. Also there's plenty of equipment to get from PvE, and level stuff up, achievements, etc.

ShaolinRaven
05-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Yep and if you got Primal level then

1) You can use all those free boosters for drafts without having to buy extra ones for a while.

2) Move the entire kickstarter closer to more stretch goals. And you know you want to find out what that legendary is.

3) Any base set card you get from drafts you can turn and sell on the AH to bank plat for the expansion. Or give to friends/guildies to help them build for constructed tourneys.

Hadin
05-18-2013, 02:52 PM
The problem with the kickstarter goals is that they are now writing them as they go. I like to hope that they have the final one planned out (and it's awesome as balls), but in the twitch stream yesterday he made it seem like they were having to come up with more stuff to add that they felt could actually be delivered on time. He did mention that they may start including things that won't be available at the release simply due to time constraints, but I am fine with that.

Ashenor
05-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Ya i am fine not having everything day one from the stretch stuff, we have some much stuff already hah.

Dratzl
05-18-2013, 03:06 PM
That is actually the reason i gave them less money ;)

I just have that feel that i miss the collecting thing (which is making me happy) when i get that much from the start.
I want to work and earn it myself ^.^

Showsni
05-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Well hey, you can always give the extra cards away. I'll gladly take them off your hands. :D

If it's just for the first set, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it. You still need to collect all the stuff from other sets.

Madican
05-18-2013, 04:32 PM
The cards are yours to do with as you wish. Hold guild events, maybe writing/art contests or in-guild tourneys. Host a massive new player (non-backer) giveaway. Keep and trade for future sets. The choice is yours.

RECHiD
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
That also seemed like a turn off for Primal. While the other perks of Dragon Lord were enough to get me, I intend to have an alternate account where I can ship the 1x of everything that is part of the tier. I don't want to run into the very first dungeon boss face roll him with some ridiculous combo that relies are super rare cards, and legendary equipment. You have to EARN those things to enjoy them.

Xenavire
05-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Just get it and share the love around. I would not be against being donated a ton of Diamond and Blood cards to start an awesome deck with.

Just remember it can also help you fund for later sets, and if you own them all you can just go crazy drafting with your boosters.