PDA

View Full Version : How can I donate more with PayPal?

yetiNine0
05-19-2013, 07:52 AM
I recently donated enough for the knight tier and I'm looking to throw in a little more cash. If I use the same email address will my totals be added together? And on the Hex.com donate page there is only an option to donate a set amount of money for different tiers. Can someone help me out? Sorry, kickstarter noob here.

Cornholio666
05-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Well, with Paypal you have already been charged so you might be looking at some sort of refund process here... You are buying (donating) a tier, so they will add your tiers rewards together, but if you are saying you want to add X dollars to tier Y and have it change to tier Z but only want tier Z not tier Y&Z you will have to contact customer service.

I don't know if they even can do that, and of course realize they are under no obligation to do so. But CZE has a sterling reputation for customer service so I sure they will help as much as they possibly can. I just think their hands might be tied a bit because there is a 3rd party involved (paypal) who has already taken a cut, and paypal might have a no refund policy due to it being a "donation" and not a purchase.

Cooks
05-19-2013, 10:14 AM
I want to know this too.
I don't have a credit card and im at warrior level at the moment but i really wanna pledge up to champion or so.
Would be nice if we can clear this question if u can upgrade your pledge with paypal.
I can't wait for beta testing though :D

Daer
05-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Don't think you can upgrade a pledge with paypal, you'd just have to make another purchase of a tier.

Hibbert
05-19-2013, 11:37 AM
I have a question about paypal donation, so I figure I'll ask here rather than start a new thread. Does it require a paypal account to donate via paypal with a credit card? I know sometimes I'm able to buy/donate via paypal without an account, but other times it requires an account. I was wondering if anyone knew how this one was set up, since I'm very reluctant to reopen an account with them.

Cornholio666
05-19-2013, 11:39 AM
@hibbert
You can do it with a credit card without a paypal account yes, I did this myself.

Hibbert
05-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Though now that I know that for sure, I'm even more tempted to stack another tier on :).

yetiNine0
05-19-2013, 12:16 PM
What if I just clicked on "Donate Squire Tier". Will it add the $20 and $65 for the Champion Tier or would I just get Squire and Knight?

Manson0815
05-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi i have kickstarter for 120 $ but think about the 500 One. Is it possible to Upgrade and Pay the missing 380 $ ?

MicZeSeraphin
05-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Just under the amount pledged for the project on the Kickstarter page there is a "Manage your pledge" button, just click on it and choose a new tier.

Lazybum
05-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Just under the amount pledged for the project on the Kickstarter page there is a "Manage your pledge" button, just click on it and choose a new tier.

that is what i did, went from king to GK might add another king or 2 later on via paypal then

yetiNine0
05-19-2013, 01:06 PM
hmm I donated from their website's donate page not kickstarter. So I can't find the manage button on kickstarter. Instead it just says "Back this kickstarter"

Thanks for all the replies by the way.

MicZeSeraphin
05-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I was answering Manson's question, sorry for the confusion. In your case I would contact them to make sure what the best course of action would be.

yetiNine0
05-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Ohh my bad. I emailed them at hexmedia@cryptozoic.com so hopefully they get back to me soon!

Manson0815
05-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Ok but One Thing i want to know

Must i Type 500$ in pledge and Chose the 500 Tier? Or will i pledge 0 and Chose Tier?

Cooks
05-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Good News for all PayPal backers.
Just got an answer from the financial team of CZE.

Hi Daniel,
I can make this a lot easier for you if your donation has come through Paypal. I can refund your original Warrior $35 donation, and then you can just re-donate at the $120 King level (if the tier is still open!), that way no one has to attempt to add up and keep track of five donations for one tier- right?! Let me know if this is how you would like to proceed. Also spread the word on the forums, if people are wishing to change their donations to Paypal only (I am not the wo/man behind the curtain where Kickstarter is concerned J), to send me an email for when and how much and which email they used to donate, I can refund for them and they can donate again at the true level they wish to. This only works though for open tiers, the further in we get the faster these tiers are going!
Let me know if you’d like to proceed with this and thank you for supporting our game!

People can write directly to me who wish to change their Paypal donations:
lisa.villaire@cryptozoic.com
But, I must put it out there, I am only in finance for the project – any customer service or specific game questions should go to the forums, I won’t know the answers! :)
I will reverse your donation in the next hour or so after I finish up on something-
Thanks!
Lisa

So it's possible to rechoose your backing level by send the team an email with the donation from paypal and your paypal emailadress to get a refund so you can redonate the pledgelevel you like ;)

Quickguide:
1. Send an email with your "redofundnation" request(don't forget tier and paypalemail) at: lisa.villaire@cryptozoic.com
2. Wait for the refund.
3. Pledge at the tier you like
4. Profit :D

Keep in mind that this email adress is only for Paypal refunds and not game related questions ;)
AND! Thanks Lisa and CZE for the great and fast support!!! Keep it up! King Pledge here I come!

purple-one
05-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I recently donated enough for the knight tier and I'm looking to throw in a little more cash. If I use the same email address will my totals be added together? And on the Hex.com donate page there is only an option to donate a set amount of money for different tiers. Can someone help me out? Sorry, kickstarter noob here.

Mail to Lisa.Villaire@cryptozoic.com she can refund your pledge so you can pledge a new one. I had the same problem.

yetiNine0
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Awesome, just what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Lazybum
05-23-2013, 03:38 PM
customer support really is looking good for this game and it is so early yet =)