PDA

View Full Version : Background card art and fonts... are... ugly?

Moxjet200
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Does anyone else feel this way? I really love the featured art done for each of the cards and think Crypt has done a great job with them. I feel like in general the background textures, ui elements and font choices on the cards are pretty hard on the eyes though. I'm hoping that this has just been an afterthought for them and they will change it before beta.

I mean... c'mon at least the font choice.. right? Or is it just me?

Just backed with $120. Can't wait to play!

Sci3nce
05-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Probably too late in development to change cards now. I of course could be wrong.

Jugan
I like them.

CoolGrayAJ
They've said multiple times that all of that is changing. (At least with the in-game UI)

ShaolinRaven
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't mind the fonts. Though I'm sure there will be polish and clean up before launch both in card text, unfinished/rough art, and in the ui look. UI is usually one of the last things that gets worked on in a game as far as polish goes.

ringlord
05-19-2013, 09:04 PM
They could change the card backs en masse whenever they want to since there are no physical cards to worry about. Compare to something like magic that is stuck with the same card back forever ( alpha had squared corners that they rounded off in beta, so now you can't mix alpha with any later cards in the same deck).

Barov
05-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Got all my KS sleeves, so I couldn't care less what the card backs look like lol.

funktion
05-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Probably too late in development to change cards now. I of course could be wrong.

Of all the stuff going on, that's probably one of the easiest things to change...