PDA

View Full Version : My idea for a stretch goal: A community thank you

Kroan
05-20-2013, 01:57 AM
So, last night I had an idea for a cool and to my knowledge never done before stretch goal for a KS reward. The stretch goal is basically a thank you for every member of the team working on this incredible game. On (beta-)release all members receive a bonus which is basically a stretch divided by the team members (or some sort of gift or something)

I think the people working on the game deserve some extra appreciation and we as kickstarters have a awesome opportunity for this. I'm pretty sure some (if not all) work way overtime and even 7 days a week to deliver the game in our hands. Let us show some love that we appreciate every single person at Cryptozoic!

The neat thing is that the stretch goal won't put extra strain on the release of the beta or the release and keep everyone motivated. To make it a true celebration of release the "goodie" could be 5 boosters or something for everyone at release.

So what do you guys think? A stupid idea? A terrific idea? I'm honestly curious and would love to hear your thoughts! :)

SamCube
05-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Yeah! I agree. They probably will not have any summer holidays if they plan to release the beta on september. There are lot's of things they need to work and implement from here to release. So yes, they need motivated and they need to feel we love them a big deal. We appreciate to help and to care! Neat idea I say Yes!!

Jacklau89
05-20-2013, 02:30 AM
I would not mind if Cory decides to use part of the Kickstarter money to motivate the team, but putting this as a Kickstarter stretch goal seems unnecessary. After all stretch goal are a mean to encourage people to pledge more, as well as adding new features to make Hex a better game (which EVERYONE would love to!).

StarvingGamer
05-20-2013, 02:31 AM
As nice as this may seem to you, this goes against the whole purpose of stretch goals which is to assure backers that additional funding is going into improving the product, not lining the pockets of those involved.

Kietay
05-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Nope

Moxjet200
05-20-2013, 07:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeys7Jfnx8

MatWith1T
05-20-2013, 08:01 AM
All money from the Kickstarter already is a bonus spread among the Hex team; it's called overtime pay to implement all these stretch goals they agreed to. As much as any person would be happy to just have someone give them extra money, I'm confident most of the dev team would rather invest that money into product features/design that will sustain a profitable player-base (and therefore their salaries and benefits) for years to come.

Mahes
05-20-2013, 08:47 AM
I would like to see a part of the last stretch go towards advertising. The game only gets better with more people using it. It makes the goals and the prizes for people who invested more valuable if a lot of players get to hear about this game after this kickstarter runs it's course. It is a win/win for both the company and for the kickstarters.

Kroan
05-20-2013, 08:49 AM
I guess you guys brought up all valid points. As I said, it was just an idea I had yesterday evening :) Thanks for the input

Ashenor
05-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Stretch Goal, all employees must work 8 days a week, and eat only twice a day until the game is ready!

J/K give em a day or 2 of this summer!