PDA

View Full Version : Things that have me excited so far

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 08:48 AM
1. Free drafts for life. How cool an idea. It singlehandedly made me pledge more than I ever thought I would. And do you think that I will be happy with JUST my free draft(s)? NEVER! Crypto will have a plug straight to my wallet for some time to come I'm afraid. But I'm sure I can quit whenever I want...right.
2. The resource system. Controversial I know, but that's not my point. I have a (mostly) strict M:tG background, and they found a 'magical' way to IMHO make it strictly better. I'll never look at Magic the same way again. Mana flooding isn't ALL bad? Mana screwed isn't as crippling? Sweet!
3. Authenticators. yeah, good idea by all that Crypto agrees with. Thanks Crypto for giving me the capacity to sleep at night when I have my account full of happy things that those evil scammers want.
4. Extra board layouts. This may be a small thing for most of you, but the capacity for a fresh look at the board whenever I want just makes me happy. I would still like to see future modular customization options, but the very idea of multiple board layouts makes me smile. Awesome, reasonable stretch goal, and one of my favorites so far.
5. A company with class. Crypto, Cory, Ben, and all the others have really put style and fun into this kickstarter and game. And don't get me started on their obvious passion for this project. I feed off of their excitement, and boy is it contagious. I think a number of us have bought into just Cory's personality. Crazy.
6. Serious player support. Obviously this kickstarter has blown the doors off of Crypto's main office, and in the best way. Crypto has tapped into something big. Congrats on that! My future drafts depend on it, and I'm not worried.

What are you grateful for?

Massabik
05-20-2013, 09:00 AM
The biggest thing I'm grateful for is that there is FINALLY someone taking advantage of the digital environment for a TCG. That and I'm really excited for the PvE part of the game.

Stok3d
05-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm excited at the thought of buying up all my "Stok3d" digital cards from Dragon Lord Tier that populate on the Auction House, add my digital signature, and mark up for 300% profits. :)

In all seriousness though, PVE has me more stok3d than anything.

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm excited at the thought of buying up all my "Stok3d" digital cards from Dragon Lord Tier that populate on the Auction House, add my digital signature, and mark up for 300% profits. :)

lol. One of my dreams is to contribute creatively to a game like this. If my likeness ever gets on a card, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be collecting them.

Madican
05-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Can you "autograph" cards? That might make a neat stretch goal.

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 09:47 AM

Ooo, that would be fun. I'd PAY the 300% mark up for a signed Stok3d card! :) Signed cards are always held with a degree of...reverence almost...when I've seen them. Something that on the surface would be difficult to manage with a digital medium, but in reality would be neat if you could pull it off. It would take a bit of thinking to make it work, but I'll bet it would be more than possible to do something really cool here.

Xenavire
05-20-2013, 09:49 AM

They need a profanity filter as another stretch goal, I dont want to play with a deck of 'Dicks' signed cards.

Tyrfang
05-20-2013, 09:55 AM
When you win a championship, it will automatically link your winning deck with a special tag that says "Tyrfang's Championship Winning Card - Set 1, Season 1 - 2013" or something similar.

caffn8d
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
If someone wants to devalue their cards by choosing an off-putting handle and/or signature, so be it. As long as I can check out the double back before I trade I can avoid the annoying ones. :)

enkur
05-20-2013, 10:03 AM
I am excited by the prospect of them being able to put away some of the money from the kickstarter to fund cash money tournament prizes in the future. Nothing has been said about this but I think it would go along way to repairing their reputation over all the problems they had with World of Warcraft payouts.

Think about it. The kickstarter is projected to hit 2 million dollars. Let's say it reaches 1.6 million. They could use 1 million for continued development and stick 600k into an account that not only accumulates interest but can be used to instantly pay out events.

Pretend that they had a 1k each weekend, maybe a 10k every three months and then worlds for maybe 75k. Obviously they could offer other cool PVE and PVP prizes as wells as packs and special digital objects. The total per year would be 167k. They could have prizes for three years without investing another dime into the pool!

That is so freaking exciting. Play in a tournament on Saturday, digitally sign my tax documents when I enter, and then wake up Monday morning with whatever cash prize I won in my account on Monday!

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 10:26 AM
I am excited by the prospect of them being able to put away some of the money from the kickstarter to fund cash money tournament prizes in the future...

I have a hunch about that. First off, cash payouts on select tourneys will deepen and broaden the player pool significantly and that will be awesome for the community. Second, Cory has already said that cash payout tourneys are in the works if they can make it happen. Awesome! Third, since the original video announcement, cash prize tourneys (and one other thing I'll get to in a moment) have been deflected and/or ignored by Crypto employees ever since the original video, even though they have been more than forthcoming about any legitimate question we have asked.

We have 4 stretch goals to go, 3 are 'uncommon' and 1 is 'rare'. I'm putting myself out a bit here (sorry Crypto if I am right and it steals thunder that rightly belongs to you), but I'll bet that rare stretch goal is either a) cash out option for platinum, making the AH a huge, real deal, or b) cash prize tourneys. Please note that I have NO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE and that I am PURELY SPECULATING, and THIS IS NOT FROM CRYPTO IN ANY WAY, but it would fit from what I've seen from them in the past couple of weeks(They were fairly quiet on authenticators until VOILA! stretch goal #1!)

I'm probably wrong, and don't burn me at the stake if I am, but here's for hoping!

bladedragonfire
05-20-2013, 11:13 AM
I am excited by the prospect of them being able to put away some of the money from the kickstarter to fund cash money tournament prizes in the future. Nothing has been said about this but I think it would go along way to repairing their reputation over all the problems they had with World of Warcraft payouts.

I believe the whole WoW TCG fiasco was due to UDE, not Crypto.

Fireblast
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
He's talking about payments from tournaments.
Players wait 6 months / 1 year to get their cash/amazon coupons.

~

Xenavire
05-20-2013, 11:36 AM
I am excited for todays goals reveal! Anything there has to be interesting to see at least.

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 11:44 AM
I am excited for todays goals reveal! Anything there has to be interesting to see at least.

Me too, regardless. This is becoming an incredibly cliche statement at this point, but I've never been drawn in by a game release like this one. Checking the website, updating constantly, participating in forums (!?!). Very unlike me, but I am pumped about this game.