PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the last Stretch goal is?

Tathel
05-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Personally I hope it includes some set 2 boosters for the lower levels. Would make sure some of the people who haven't invested as heavily stick around to set 2 ^_^

Although I also just want some set 2 and can't afford to upgrade to grand king!

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Just buy Set 2 when it comes out.

As for the question, I'm hoping PP Tier gets free drafts for life, that would be Legendary!!!!!

Xenavire
05-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Maybe 5 free boosters for all teirs from set 2, or a single set 2 drafts per pledge.

I like the idea now I have seen it, so maybe the higher tiers could get 5-10 set 3 boosters, just for extra tastiness.

Gerogero
05-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Just buy Set 2 when it comes out.

As for the question, I'm hoping PP Tier gets free drafts for life, that would be Legendary!!!!!

They would never do that because all that people that stacked would just cancel their other pro level accounts because they are no longer needed.

Xenavire
05-20-2013, 04:00 PM
It would also add way too much value to it - people would sit on it and sell the pledge (even if it is against rules).
Expect those tiers and all the ones above it sell out and be worth upwards of $6-700.

Plus crypto would never get another cent out of any of those people.

Stok3d
05-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Free admission to watch Bear Wrestling?

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 04:02 PM

That's the 2 Million Dollar Secret Treasure Goal

Tathel
05-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Maybe 5 free boosters for all teirs from set 2, or a single set 2 drafts per pledge.

I like the idea now I have seen it, so maybe the higher tiers could get 5-10 set 3 boosters, just for extra tastiness.

I think it'd be smart if it was set 2 boosters with different numbers at diff tiers. Right now I'm knight and not convinced in value of upgrading to champion, and can't afford much past that right now.

If there was a scenario where i would get 10 more set 2 boosters paying the extra 20$ I'd move to champion.

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 04:04 PM
@Gerogero @Xenavire @anyoneelse, I wasn't being serious about the prediction, hard to tell online I guess.

Bloodiron
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
How about this: For a certain tier and up, a special queue goes live where it's free drafts for X hours.

Hmmm?

Kitt
05-20-2013, 04:08 PM
To be honest I would just like a tshirt or something. Would I take something stupid awesome like extra free drafts? Sure but to be honest i think I might like something physical to remember the backing experience by.

Cato
05-20-2013, 04:08 PM

I tried to ask Cory if he would commit to the secret stretch goal of $2m; him and kyle wrestle a bear, in update 11 but I did not get a response :p

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I think it'd be smart if it was set 2 boosters with different numbers at diff tiers. Right now I'm knight and not convinced in value of upgrading to champion, and can't afford much past that right now.

If there was a scenario where i would get 10 more set 2 boosters paying the extra 20$ I'd move to champion.

At Champion your boosters are each 8 cents cheaper and you get to turn into a dragon for PvE (Wrath of Zakiir).

Edit: And lets face it, who wouldn't want to be a dragon.

Edit2: I forgot Champion and above get the Dragon Starter deck too. That comes with a Legendary Foiled, Extended Art Uruunaz. So I'd say upgrade is well worth it.

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
To be honest I would just like a tshirt or something. Would I take something stupid awesome like extra free drafts? Sure but to be honest i think I might like something physical to remember the backing experience by.

Problem there is it cost money to do. That money is better spent developing the game.

Kitt
05-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Problem there is it cost money to do. That money is better spent developing the game.

Doesn't have to be for all tiers ;)

Xenavire
05-20-2013, 04:17 PM
@Gerogero @Xenavire @anyoneelse, I wasn't being serious about the prediction, hard to tell online I guess.

Fair enough. It would be insane though, imagine the prices on the last day!

Joolz
05-20-2013, 04:20 PM
They've already given out so much I don't really care about getting more packs, cards, free drafts, etc. Well I care and certainly love the free stuff and would never turn down more, I just hope it's heavily geared to something that anyone who plays the game can enjoy. Like some awesome feature or event for all players. For the backer rewards it really should be something for all levels, like all backers go first for life!

...just kidding obviously.

SacrificialToast
05-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Doesn't have to be for all tiers ;)

Only for Producers. "I paid 10,000 dollars for virtual cards, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt."

Kagim
05-20-2013, 04:26 PM
*Cough* beta starts in July/august *cough cough*

Bloodiron
05-20-2013, 04:28 PM
*Cough* beta starts in July/august *cough cough*

More like *cough*Alpha invites*cough*

Tathel
05-20-2013, 04:28 PM
That'd be sweet, but i think that would be an issue of time is money, but money can't always save time.

Estar1
05-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Actually comes with more then just leg Urunaaz as its an entire starter so 40 cards there themed around dragons.

gilby123
05-20-2013, 04:34 PM
I second the T-shirts idea, while they do cost money, T-shirts are also scalable cost-wise to a fair extent.

Honestly, though, I more hope that it's something super epic in game to draw even more people to it. Ultimately, the only way the game will succeed is by building and keeping a huge player base.

Talreth
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Full voiceover of every motion comic by Obama.

Kagim
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
More like *cough*Alpha invites*cough*

I just really, really want to play....

If playing means putting up with glitches that I can root out by doing said playing by golly give me some )^^*(&^*^*(& cards already....

jai151
05-20-2013, 05:03 PM
The actually pay for the Dragon Lords and up to come to GenCon

Blurr
05-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I'd actually like to see everyone get 150 packs from Set 2

nearlysober
05-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Hot Tub party for all backers.

Stok3d
05-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Honestly, though, I more hope that it's something super epic in game to draw even more people to it. Ultimately, the only way the game will succeed is by building and keeping a huge player base.

If you want the masses, they need to hire more people for PVE. It would also help to have a top notch trailer for this game. Yeah, work on the PVE and make it amazing. Bring in the masses.

caffn8d
05-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see something for all tiers as well. Though we already got one version of that with the "1million" sleeves. Maybe set it for 1.5 million, and do t-shirts as an add-on option. For say... $10 or so. I'd love to be able to strike up conversations about HEX with folks via something I could wear. I'd feel weird stealing the website logo and getting it printed myself. ;)

Tyrfang
05-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Real Money Auction House

Cash Tournaments

Season Prize Pot of $100,000 ($25k to 1st, decreasing split down to 16th).

Oh and I predict the goal to be set at somewhere between 1.66m to 1.41m.

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Real Money Auction House

Cash Tournaments

That's my bet. One or both of those.

Bloodiron
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Print out all the cards from Update# 7 Meet the Team and give them to all backers of a certain tier and up!

On a more serious note, I would love to see something tangible, like a t-shirt or maybe like a Hex mouse pad

ShaolinRaven
05-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Create your own Hex race! The Mera'nglers (humanoid angler fish) MUST RISE!! Just kidding, I'm sure whatever it is it will probably be something like 1 feature we've been asking for that hasn't been announced via a previous stretch goal, plus some extra card/starter/boosters/merc, plus something cool we didn't expect. Its kind of been a pattern, and I would expect the legendary one to be a few things that are nice and cover multiple types of additions/rewards.

Ramshackal
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Final stretch goal:

http://s16.postimg.org/xr8zi29h1/Cory.png

Talreth
05-20-2013, 07:09 PM
If you want the masses, they need to hire more people for PVE. It would also help to have a top notch trailer for this game. Yeah, work on the PVE and make it amazing. Bring in the masses.

Yeah but as people said PVE literally brings in no revenue, only to say "hey you could pay to play pvp."

funktion
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM
No, honestly I don't want to see them keep giving out free stuff. At some point you're just devaluing the game. Granted I grabbed double pro while there were still plenty to go around so maybe I'm not one to talk, but I feel like people are being too greedy on this one.

Brumby66
05-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Animated card sleeves.

I actually think the last goal should not just be a general king and up gets this reward. They should diversify the last stretch goal's rewards. I would like to see something well thought out as it's the last goal.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
If there is a reward along with the stretch goal it should be for all tiers, at least Squire and up.

Deathfog
05-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Android/touch screen client support by the time beta ends.

Manmanmanman
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
I think they should give King teir and up a free draft whenever a new set comes out. Seems like it would be a way for some people to get recurring drafts that missed out on the proplayer, although 3 vs. 52 a year is hardely comparable. Does a little bit to improve the relative benefit of the other 250$ teirs because I would be more excited to go from 0 free drafts year than from 52 -> 55. In addition it would keep incentivizing people to pledge high even after the GKs have run out. Most importantly I think it would bring back players who might have temporarely stopped playing a bit down the road. Now that I am typing this it might make more sense for them to offer it only to the 250$ teirs and above. Unfortunately this would exclude me but hey as long as the game is fun, which I'm sure it will be, I'll be happy.

Tinuvas
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah but as people said PVE literally brings in no revenue, only to say "hey you could pay to play pvp."

Actually, I am fairly sure this isn't ENTIRELY true. If it was, the MMO side of this game would eventually atrophy and die, and more than I would be sorely disappointed. While taken at face value it is strictly true, but with the PvE equipment that works on PvP cards, you can't tell me that all them MMO folk who spend a day trashing a raid boss and getting a sweet piece of gear for a PvP card AREN'T going to go marching obediently off to the AH to pick up a playset of the card, which will be selling for plat to be sure. The marketing team for this game are pretty smart. There will be revenue from PvE, as there should be. I know that I will be watching PvE for opportunities to sell of my wanted PvP cards for a healthy and handsome sum to the PvE players. And it most likely won't be in gold...I gotta pay for my draft addiction somehow!

Tyrfang
05-20-2013, 09:58 PM
The very fact that Raid-Boss mode exists will keep PvE around for a while.

Liokae
05-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Hrmn... I think the final unlock should include something for everyone that put in money, even if it was just a single dollar... something that's a non-stacking account flag, but quite nice.

Unfortunately, I can't think of what to actually MAKE that flag... just think it'd be cool if the biggest one included some specific bonus that's a thank you to everyone that contributed to getting it started up, sort of like the million dollar sleeves, but even wider. For anyone and everyone that helped, no matter how much or how little.

Maybe an in-game title or something? The ability to have "Founder" appear near your name in matches or lobbies or out in the field.

Tathel
05-20-2013, 10:20 PM
I think they should give King teir and up a free draft ... Most importantly I think it would bring back players who might have temporarely stopped playing a bit down the road.

I think this is very true, Player retention of their core is pretty important and I think something like this would ensure that backers who my lapse would at least come back for their free draft and every time they come back there is a chance they will stay.

Since it's only 1 draft per set they aren't throwing the baby away with the bath water. They could also make it non-tradable and 1 per account to prevent abuse.

I know, personally, this is the type of tactic that draws me back into a hobby I haven't looked at in a while.

Although they also have this style of marketing via the PVE side, since simply releasing a really awesome dungeon may draw someone back
but if the person only comes back for the dungeon and doesn't even try buying cards from the new set, they make no money.

RECHiD
05-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Last stretch goal - A NEW ARTICLE ON www.hextcg.com! Something we've all been waiting for!

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 10:30 PM
The very fact that Raid-Boss mode exists will keep PvE around for a while.

Crypto is going to have a tall order on their hand with PvE. PvE content gets old really quick. I raided Top100 for years in WoW and after your first kill of a Boss, you're just in farm mode. And that gets old very fast.

Madican
05-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Except while a boss in WoW follows a pattern of mechanics, a TCG is never played the same way twice even with the same decks involved.

Sci3nce
05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Except while a boss in WoW follows a pattern of mechanics, a TCG is never played the same way twice even with the same decks involved.

No 2 boss fights are ever the same. You might know a mechanic is coming, but you don't know who it's landing on, and what you're going to need to do because of it until it actually lands. Wow follows the same pattern, TCG Bosses (I assume) have the same set of cards. It will get old, it always does.

Stok3d
05-20-2013, 10:42 PM

If you bring in 1,000,000 ppl to play F2P pve, how many do you think will eventually be compellled to experiment with PvP eventually for one reason or another. The key to the prosperity of this game is PVE. It is the differentiator and where how their revenue stream will climb exponentially.

I learned a lot from gangsta rap in the 90s and am going to use it as an example. Let me put it this way. Cory is the dealer and Hex is obviously the Crack. Now think about why his next statement is in direct correlation to the current business model: "The first here's for free. But the next time you beep me you better have 20 G" -Master P (Ghetto Dope)

lol--i can't believe i'm making an argument with that... but w/e ;)

Omegahugger
05-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Well, in WoW you always have the same resources available. Not so much in TCG's.

Taking down a Gnoll King/Queen will probably be a lot easier when you get that turn 2 Zombie Plague than when you've been hit with a mana drought.

ForgedSol
05-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Not the final stretch goal, but I'd love to see a number of Set 3 packs to King and above. (Also 50?) Complete the block!

Joke suggestion: Occulus Rift support.

Perk Suggestion: Along the lines of doing something every new set. How about free entry into a tournament each set release where the prize is a full playset of those new cards, much like how they're doing this set.

Feature Suggestion: No suggestions yet.

Fateanomaly
05-21-2013, 02:15 AM
All GK and above get a sexy concubunny dakimakura.

Nine9nevamine
05-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Grand King+ alternate art, starter decks and mercs from set 2.

Hibbert
05-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Development wise, I want to see to some really awesome game mode. I'm not sure what exactly, but something I could see myself losing a ton of time playing.

Reward wise, how about a free entry into a set two pre-release event?

And of course, it should open up a primal pack of new stretch goals!

katkillad
05-21-2013, 02:47 AM
The KS might stall after the GK's are gone at around 1.14 million, i'm sure it will hit that next goal though. The problem is, there's not much left to reach whatever the final goal is so they are either going to have to buff the $250 tiers that aren't doing so hot or provide something to the lower tiers that get more NEW people to back the KS.

As for final goal predictions, T-Shirts are boring why do people want a T-Shirt :(

Maybe 1 free draft at the beginning of each new set for all tiers.

Kroan
05-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Squire and up gets a free (pre)release every set for the first 3 sets. :)

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 03:06 AM
Reward wise, how about a free entry into a set two pre-release event?

Pro Player Tier gets that already

~

Hibbert
05-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Pro Player Tier gets that already

Pro Player gets free drafts. I'd assume that the pre-release events would occur before new sets are available for the standard draft queues.

Karnegal
05-21-2013, 03:34 AM
PvE will bring in plenty of revenue if it's fun. People are going to buy equipment and crafting mats. Some of them will do it by using platinum to buy gold in order to save time (that'll probably be me at some point), and others will sell quality PvP cards (which someone had to buy with cash at some point) in order to get gold or plat that they can use to buy equipment with. This should be especially true for the initial set. The market is going to be flooded out of the gate because we're getting a huge number of cards via kickstarter. However, outside of the special equipment for the promo cards, we're going to get very few pieces as a group - we'll say about 4000 from the Dungeon Crawler tier (which is generous unless it get's buffed) and 20000 from the Grand King Tier. That sounds like a lot, but there are nearly 2000 pieces of gear in the game. Even if the bonus gear is rare and legendary, it's still a small fraction for the amount of players. We'll also see a lot of sets of crafting material, but it's only 1 of each for King+, so even that will be a small dent in the demand. They'll be plenty of people who can build very competitive PvP decks on day one, but very few will be equipped for high end PvE.

Thanisse
05-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Squire and up gets a free (pre)release every set for the first 3 sets. :)

I would love this free pre-release idea :)
I am sure it would make the pain of not going proplayer easyer xD .

Sci3nce
05-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Animated card sleeves.

+1 for this, Also maybe 1 additional beta invite for a friend. Bring in more people who happen to miss the KS for whatever reason.

Diesbudt
05-21-2013, 09:17 AM
The KS might stall after the GK's are gone at around 1.14 million, i'm sure it will hit that next goal though. The problem is, there's not much left to reach whatever the final goal is so they are either going to have to buff the $250 tiers that aren't doing so hot or provide something to the lower tiers that get more NEW people to back the KS.

As for final goal predictions, T-Shirts are boring why do people want a T-Shirt :(

Maybe 1 free draft at the beginning of each new set for all tiers.

Yes it will stall. I would up my $120 to $250 if they were to say merge GL and RL perks. However just 1 perk at $250, and not willing to spend $500, it would be a stall point.

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Pro Player gets free drafts. I'd assume that the pre-release events would occur before new sets are available for the standard draft queues.

Read the Tier description again.

~

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Last stretch goal will be :
- $XXX XXX cash prize support for Worlds

~

Yasi
05-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Early Release.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 09:31 AM
PvE will most likely have exp boosts, loot boosts, and possibly mercenary card packs or death mark wipes...

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Crypto is going to have a tall order on their hand with PvE. PvE content gets old really quick. I raided Top100 for years in WoW and after your first kill of a Boss, you're just in farm mode. And that gets old very fast.

I don't understand what you mean - Players can make their own raid decks, which can be openly challenged.

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 09:33 AM
They need to stop giving to the KS backers or the new players will never come after release.
The goal is not to have 5K players but 1M :)

~

Yasi
05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
HexTCG is still relatively new. It's mostly word of mouth atm. Not many people outside of the circle have heard of Hex.

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
HexTCG is still relatively new. It's mostly word of mouth atm. Not many people outside of the circle have heard of Hex.

And feeling to far behind KS backers is not a good incentive to pick up a game.

~

nearlysober
05-21-2013, 11:59 AM
I think the final goal will be a slightly larger jump, possibly $1.3M

If it is... I think the game feature announcement will be iOS for tablets moved up in delivery (maybe not launch day, but "earlier").

Based on the fact that CZE partnered with a different company "playdeck" to make their previous iOS games, they may not have a mobile developer on staff. Of course, prior to announcing this I didn't think they had any computer developers on staff :)

They have announced that the game was designed with tablet play in mind from the ground up. And while throwing money at software development doesn't solve everything... if they have a couple extra hundred grand that should be enough to bring on some mobile expertise and maybe free up another developer to focus on getting mobile to market faster.

Here's hoping at least. I'd love to be able to play this on my iPad while kicked back on the couch.

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Thing is, you don't hire a competent developer overnight and give him the Knowledge Transfer required to work on complex algorithm/card mechanics.

They can hire people now, but that won't help finish the game faster.

~

nearlysober
05-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah... you hire a new developer who can train and transition into an existing team where they can help provide polish to an area while they ramp up.
Then you take one of your senior developers who is freed up by that and move him onto something new.

The same could also be done with QA. Or just a PM who has insight into the differences in the mobile SDLC who can help get it out the door.

Mike411
05-21-2013, 12:43 PM
+1 for this, Also maybe 1 additional beta invite for a friend. Bring in more people who happen to miss the KS for whatever reason.

OMG yes I want an invite for a friend...

shiningideal
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm really hoping for mobile/tablet support near launch to be the last stretch goal if they can push it out without risk. And if the beta build in September is solid - that doesn't seem too hard to also work out by April or Summer or whenever they go with the retail release. I don't want them to pull design resources - but I know once they integrate that it will be a significant boost to my play experience.

nearlysober
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Remember that the game engine, the core logic... is server side.

That means mobile apps will just be interfaces calling the application on the server. They don't have to "reinvent" the game to make it mobile if they built it with multi-platform support in mind. Just build a new user interface layer.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 05:44 PM
They've already stated that they have built it with mobile support in mind from the ground up, so the transition shouldn't be too much, once everything is together and working as intended.

Genosaurer
05-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Considering I am planning to get an ipad at the end of next month, +1 to mobile devices at release as final stretch goal. I could play while I'm in the car waiting for my wife to get off work instead of surfing hex forums from my iphone.

IndigoShade
05-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Probably the announcement of a season 1 tournament if I had to guess.

KingBlackstone
05-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Didn't CZE just add an iOS version of Food Fight? We already know the company has experience with card games on mobile platforms. They have the resources to do it -right now- because they've done it before, and recently too.

nearlysober
05-22-2013, 12:01 AM
The iOS version of Food Fight (and Penny Arcade: Gamers vs. Evil) was done by a company called playdeck for CZE

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Animated figures for some if not eventually all cards would be nice. You can't really read cards you aren't zooming on anyway, so having a basically animated little goblin dancing around with name, atk/def, damage, icons for effects on it instead of just a card lying on a table until you hover your mouse over it would be a nice upgrade. Not exactly a minor thing considering how many cards there are in the first set, but it would really make PvE more lively.

Another aesthetic upgrade with be little models of your champions/mercenaries facing each other down dressed in their equipment and performing attacks, taking hits, casting spells, slumping with damage similar to Puzzle Fighter. Nice and generic considering the number of heroes/mercs and would add some flair to matches.

GhundiPI
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm selfishly hoping for an alpha invite for the $250 tiers and above. Seeing as a lot have multi-pledged on those tiers, the amount of people invited would be manageable and it would also give a real boost to those tiers that aren't going so well. Would also be great for those wanting to help with the PvE part of Hex.

MastrFett
05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
I think, since it is legendary, it should be something for everyone, but maybe gets better the higher the tier you are. Like repeat the booster pack benefits from this set in the next set. I also do like the idea of alpha invites. Can't wait to play!

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm selfishly hoping for an alpha invite for the $250 tiers and above. Seeing as a lot have multi-pledged on those tiers, the amount of people invited would be manageable and it would also give a real boost to those tiers that aren't going so well. Would also be great for those wanting to help with the PvE part of Hex.

This would blow my fucking mind.
My current list of hopeful last goals are:

1) Real-Money Trading news (be it tourneys or RMAH)
2) Alpha invites
3) Some kind of sexy mobile app. <3

In my mind, the ideal mobile app wouldn't let you play remotely, but you'd be able to scroll through binders, use guildchat, view profiles, and full auction house functionality. Mmmmff. <3

papalorax
05-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Real Money Auction House

Cash Tournaments

That's what I would do -- announce a cash driven organized play format.

Hieronymous
05-22-2013, 08:27 AM
My guess is that the legendary tier will be

1) Phone/tablet support. I presume IOs but I'd hope android also.

2) Something to encourage people to buy King level and up, especially something for collector, raid leader, dungeon crawler, etc. Don't know what precisely.

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
From day one Ive thought that the final stretch would be an Alpha invite with a wipe. The reason this makes sense to me is:
1. We have only ever heard the labels "pre-alpha" and "beta". Never a mention of alpha yet
2. Why wouldnt you want a large playtest group with full PvP access to find all bugs. Perhaps small rewards for being the first to report bugs?
3. Most games with Beta have a wipe and they have been clear as to not have a beta wipe so maybe the label has changed to alpha instead of closed beta?

This would drastically speed the process up to get the game out to the public. If we are left to Alpha test the paid pros are left to whip out the PvE. Essentially we all could be "paying to work for CZE" and flippin happy about it!

Wishful thinking anyway

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
From day one Ive thought that the final stretch would be an Alpha invite with a wipe. The reason this makes sense to me is:
1. We have only ever heard the labels "pre-alpha" and "beta". Never a mention of alpha yet
2. Why wouldnt you want a large playtest group with full PvP access to find all bugs. Perhaps small rewards for being the first to report bugs?
3. Most games with Beta have a wipe and they have been clear as to not have a beta wipe so maybe the label has changed to alpha instead of closed beta?

This would drastically speed the process up to get the game out to the public. If we are left to Alpha test the paid pros are left to whip out the PvE. Essentially we all could be "paying to work for CZE" and flippin happy about it!

Wishful thinking anyway

To further my point Cory also quoted saying in the recent podcast that the full game release could be as early as the end of this year... How else do you move up a release 6months plus? Hire manpower... why not use free man power rather than hire playtesters?

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 08:51 AM
My current list of hopeful last goals are:

1) Real-Money Trading news (be it tourneys or RMAH)
2) Alpha invites
3) Some kind of sexy mobile app. <3

In my mind, the ideal mobile app wouldn't let you play remotely, but you'd be able to scroll through binders, use guildchat, view profiles, and full auction house functionality. Mmmmff. <3

I can't see the last stretch goal NOT being one of these three things. It has been stated/implied in numerous other places that this last stretch truly is a big deal, and these are the three things most wanted by the community (based on highly scientific data gathering...aka scanning the forums). If it's NOT one of these three, I'd be awful surprised.

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Yeah.. the speculation about more boosters and stuff, I don't know. I would be surprised if that was the big reveal, lol.

Do you guys think we'll break 1.16M today? Or is that going to happen tomorrow?

Tricsun
05-22-2013, 09:08 AM

I think it might be close, only about 43k away right now.

LostKR
05-22-2013, 09:10 AM
if you add the 68k from Paypal we already broke the 1.16M

TheWackyWombat
Yeah.. the speculation about more boosters and stuff, I don't know. I would be surprised if that was the big reveal, lol.

Since there was around 60k Paypal pledges last time they revealed, it's probably already happened.

MastrFett
Yeah, Alpha invites or mobile app seems likely. If it is Alpha invites I hope it is for most, if not all, tiers. The last huge stretch goal should really be something for everyone that backed this great project. And I'm not just saying that because I can't afford the tiers I'd really like to be in.

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 09:11 AM

With the Paypal backers, we've already long blown past 1.16 mil. We're just waiting for Crypto's 'big reveal' to give the kickstarter a permanent shot in the arm. Further stretch goals? No idea.

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Oh, oops! I always forget about our PayPal buddies. :)
Man, I couldn't be more excited for the update today! This is torturous, haha.

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Man, I couldn't be more excited for the update today! This is torturous, haha.

Amen! This is killing me.

jai151
05-22-2013, 09:15 AM
With the Paypal backers, we've already long blown past 1.16 mil. We're just waiting for Crypto's 'big reveal' to give the kickstarter a permanent shot in the arm. Further stretch goals? No idea.

The best would be a final goal that continues to stretch.

So you get some big one time reward (whatever it may be), then you get a part of it that stretches based on how much we blow past the final. Something like "For every $100,000 raised past X, every tier gets one additional free month of VIP access!"

Mainly because we need the team working on the game, not more stretch goals =P A friend of mine put it best. Every time a stretch goal is released, the backers do their best Barney Stinson impression. "Challenge accepted!"

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Alpha invite for everyone who pledged. (Maybe above a certain level, but everyone would be better.)
Server wipe after alpha.
Real money auction house.
5 free boosters from set 2, 1 free booster from set 3 (Above a certain level, maybe Knight and higher).
Two new races appearing cameo (only on a few cards, like 25) in set1, full force in set2. (Until set 2 only backers can choose the said race as their character's race.)

jai151
05-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Alpha invite for everyone who pledged. (Maybe above a certain level, but everyone would be better.)
Server wipe after alpha.
Real money auction house.
5 free boosters from set 2, 1 free booster from set 3 (Above a certain level, maybe Knight and higher).
Two new races appearing cameo (only on a few cards, like 25) in set1, full force in set2. (Until set 2 only backers can choose the said race as their character's race.)

Only if one of those races is Cat Ninjas!

TheMuffMuff
05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
- different camera views on the table (wanna see the hand/sleeves from my enemys :) )
- 100% ios and android app in the future
- 5-10 boosters for all upcoming sets 4 life!

would be rlly nice :)

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 09:26 AM
The best would be a final goal that continues to stretch.

So you get some big one time reward (whatever it may be), then you get a part of it that stretches based on how much we blow past the final. Something like "For every $100,000 raised past X, every tier gets one additional free month of VIP access!"

Mainly because we need the team working on the game, not more stretch goals =P A friend of mine put it best. Every time a stretch goal is released, the backers do their best Barney Stinson impression. "Challenge accepted!"

If the final reveal was VIP for a year or something, I would cry. ;~; That would be so lazy of them!

jai151
05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
If the final reveal was VIP for a year or something, I would cry. ;~; That would be so lazy of them!

Like I said, big huge reveal PLUS an ever expanding bonus

nearlysober
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
With the remaining $250 tiers being lower in popularity... the last stretch goal hopefully isn't too much of a stretch.

Today we're back to averaging $80 per backer, down from over $300 per backer the last few days.

Hopefully we keep up good volume though, honestly at this point volume is more important because it means a larger player base at launch :)

Tathel
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Isn't an alpha defined as internal testing, and if end users are involved that's when it becomes beta?

I think technically letting a bunch of tiers play the game would just be an earlier round of closed beta testing ^_^...

But anyway, that would be awesome. And a card wipe (so there for free cards) during that testing would let us get used to drafting and deck building with this system.

Even if they just do a special 'beta draft weekend'.

Or a weekend long draft tourny, where the winner gets pumped up to pro player or something?

jai151
05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Isn't an alpha defined as internal testing, and if end users are involved that's when it becomes beta?

Alpha and Beta don't really mean anything except the software is in an incomplete state. The designators are fairly arbitrary and just are a rough estimate of where the software is in the development cycle, with Beta being closer to release ready and Alpha still missing large amount of functionality.

Internal and External are the descriptors that say whether anyone outside the company is testing, and Closed and Open denote whether the testing is by invite or public.

MastrFett
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Anyone else constantly checking their email in the hopes of seeing the announcement? I'm wondering if it is something that none of us has even thought of.

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Anyone else constantly checking their email in the hopes of seeing the announcement? I'm wondering if it is something that none of us has even thought of.

I have been F5ing for hours on the Kickstarter tab, and my email is up in another tab. Couldn't be more stoked.

Pentregarth
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
First in to say the Pro Players will cry foul play now that everyone gets the same bonus as them ;)

Qorsair
05-22-2013, 01:07 PM
First in to say the Pro Players will cry foul play now that everyone gets the same bonus as them ;)

I don't think any will mind. It's limited to 1 year for all other tiers.

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I don't mind at ALL. More drafts to pound face in!

Tathel
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I think maybe they were reading this thread, looks like they listened to some of the set 2 pack ideas, and some of the talk about how to up value for the other 250 levels

jai151
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM

Nope. Glad they did it, and glad they did it the way they did (so multi-pros like myself won't snap up the extra tiers)

nearlysober
05-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I think the game feature announcement will be iOS for tablets moved up in delivery
Nailed it :P

Well close at least. I said iOS specific and thought it might be as low as 1.3M :)

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Crypto did make one mistake with that last goal. There is no way I'm going to sit at home playing hex on my tiny little 7" tablet. So instead of sending ALL of my extra $ their way, they're just going to have to put up with me dropping some cash on the 10" Android tablet of my choice now.

Crypto, you could have had it all!!!

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Honestly think the last tier is very underwhelming...
Also if you are going to give 1 year of the pro tier to all the others how about giving the pro tier 1 year of one of the other tiers.. I mean seriously come on...

^^ We have a winner for the first pro player to gripe about this!

Garod
05-22-2013, 01:56 PM
@Gwear
You obviously didn't read the comments section for the update on the KS, definitely not the first and not the only one to gripe on it.
I do wholeheartedly agree that the other tiers deserved a boost but the way this was done wasn't the right way in my opinion..

MasterPlan
05-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Their tears taste sweet. Seriously they have nothing to complain about.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
@Gwear
You obviously didn't read the comments section for the update on the KS, definitely not the first and not the only one to gripe on it.
I do wholeheartedly agree that the other tiers deserved a boost but the way this was done wasn't the right way in my opinion..

You were the first on the forums, no I wasn't looking at the comments. Anyone who has a problem with this update is being irrational, I am a pro player, I got basically nothing from this update, and it was fantastic for the health of the game, and kickstarter and I am very pleased.

Garod
05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
As I said, I think it's great that the other tiers got a boost, it was sooo necessary.

Just wish they would have done it differently, I think if they had put that into the 1.16m stretch goal and then did the final legendary one differently it would have been better.
But ok, things are the way they are and you are definitely entitled to your opinion, and I am to mine.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
You were the first on the forums, no I wasn't looking at the comments. Anyone who has a problem with this update is being irrational, I am a pro player, I got basically nothing from this update, and it was fantastic for the health of the game, and kickstarter and I am very pleased.

I don't particularly think it's good for the health of the game unless it succeeds in increasing pledge amounts. Pledges have been frozen dead for the last hour.