PDA

View Full Version : New article up on HexTCG

Tinuvas
05-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Don't know if this has been posted already, but new article on their main website:

http://hextcg.com/the-guild-experience/

The General's tent looks fun to play with. :)

Omegahugger
05-21-2013, 06:35 AM
General's Tent looks awesome.

It's probably far too expensive to use, but that's why we play Wild.

Qorsair
05-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Head Games looks like crazy fun!

Liokae
05-21-2013, 07:25 AM
*hums*

Head games, it's you and me baby
Head games, and I can't take it anymore ...

Xenavire
05-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Generals tent is controls best friend. Especially if you like to save mana between turns.

Near board wipe on command, huge damage, or something to swing with? Perfect.

CoolGrayAJ
05-21-2013, 07:47 AM
I was hype about General's Tent since hearing about it on Mozu Report!

TheBlueMagician
05-21-2013, 07:56 AM
It kind of annoys me that the best things about these articles are the card reveals. This one in particular spent a long time telling us "it'll be just like all your favorite real life features of having a group of friends!" without really explaining how they're going to do it, which is what I want to know.

Screenshots of the guild interface, friends list, etc., would all have been nice to see, as well as an explanation about how creating, maintaining, joining, and leaving guilds works.

The article was 90% fluff, 10% interesting features that went unexplained.

Fleckenwhatever
05-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Who's writing these? There's a lot of first person, but we don't have a byline to reference.

syphonhail
05-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Idea: enable the use of some proxies (cards you don't own but can use temporarily) for some constructed games between guildies. It will allow us to test out a card privately and see if it is worth pursuing. Both the number of proxies and the games allowed can be limited; Crypto does need to make money.

syphonhail
05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Head games looks quite enjoyable (less so now that I finished reading it!). It has an expected utility of dealing 0 damage to an opponent for 4. So far one of the best cards to invoke a direct game theoretic application of strategy.

It is functional a 2x2 Rock-Paper-Scissors game of sorts. The single Nash Equilibrium for the simultaneous is for both players to randomize over what they pick.

ramseytheory
05-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately that's wrong, because if they guess correctly then you take the damage instead. If you choose randomly it has an expected utility of dealing zero damage for 4 mana (counting damage to you as negative). I don't think it's going to see much use in PVP outside of combo decks.

dogmod
05-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Head games when your opponent has 5 or less and you have 6 to 10.... amazing

syphonhail
05-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately that's wrong, because if they guess correctly then you take the damage instead. If you choose randomly it has an expected utility of dealing zero damage for 4 mana (counting damage to you as negative). I don't think it's going to see much use in PVP outside of combo decks.

Yup, I misread the last part. The card is no good! You are paying 4 to play rock-paper-scissors.

Hibbert
05-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Head Games is amazing. I imagine every time it's played it will look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0&feature=player_detailpage#t=91s

syphonhail
05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Head Games is amazing. I imagine every time it's played it will look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0&feature=player_detailpage#t=91s

Avoid that, just flip a coin. You are better off that way unless you are certain that you are better at head games than they are.

FireSummoner
05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
I agree that it probably isn't any good by itself but I am a sucker for these types of things. Also might try to make a Keep Defense deck built around this type of randomness... (evil grin)

ramseytheory
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
It might have combo potential if cards come out that let you make use of or redirect damage, though. Imagine playing head games with an instant in hand that let you draw a card for every point of damage you just took, for example...

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Head games is good in pve combo deck where it helps filtering your hand ;D
With Spectral Lotus too.

~

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Combos with
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/BlindingLight_Gear_Web.jpg

FireSummoner
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
With one of the equipments(Theoretical Wraps) for head games you could kill yourself one turn. This just seems so weird.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
With Theoretical Wraps and Blinding Light you could force a rather odd situation where you just keep spamming 10 and they keep guessing 10...

syphonhail
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
With Theoretical Wraps and Blinding Light you could force a rather odd situation where you just keep spamming 10 and they keep guessing 10...

Thankfully it is just pve that this can occur.

Erebus
05-21-2013, 10:23 AM
There's a reason it's called Head games. But I guess the intention of the card are lost on some people.

Hibbert
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
It's basically just a random chance though. 99% of the time, both players are fully aware of consequences of picking either number, so trying to deduce what the other player is thinking is impossible(You know that I know that you know that I know, ad infinitum). The only real way to come out ahead with that card is to have an alternate plan. That's why I linked the Princess Bride scene :).

Chance
05-21-2013, 11:36 AM
The only practical use I could see out of head games would be to use it in a raid setting with Raid leaders blessing. Pick 10 every time if it goes through first time great if not pop one of the blessings and keep guessing ten, eventually its going to go through. With the blessings alone thats 30 damage upfront.