PDA

View Full Version : Strategy website idea

jtatta
05-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Good morning, everyone!

My team and I are brainstorming ideas for a Hex strategy website and wanted some opinions from the community! Basically, we want to know what you want to see and what you expect from a Hex dedicated strategy website. Here are some of the things that we already have planned:

- Strategy articles from TCG Professionals. Obviously, nobody is a "Pro" Hex player just yet but the team we have assembled is composed of TCG veterans and professionals from various TCGs. You will get articles from Top 8 Participants and winners of WoW TCG Darkmoon Faires, WoW TCG Worlds and National Championship, VS System Pro Circuit, and MTG Pro Tour Participants. Also on the team is a former Starcraft II Professional and a published board game designer. Basically, we know what we're talking about and want to help spread the word about Hex.

The articles would be about varying themes from Casual play, PVE Play, and competitive PvP play which features drafting strategy as well as constructed strategies.

- A card database. These will be set up on other sites as well but ours is there so that we can link you cards in our articles. Just hover over a card name and get to see what it does. It will not be the most interactive database but it will be there to serve you.

- GIVEAWAYS! Who doesn't love free things? We're working with some sources to provide you with Kickstarter rewards FOR FREE as well as various other giveaways throughout the future of the site.

- Stream links. Our team is dedicated to streaming the best Hex content you can find on twitch. Not sure where to find our streams? Just visit the site and check out the streaming links. Want to advertise your own stream on our site? Just let us know!

What else do you guys want to see? We want to know! Also, once we open up recruitment for the guild we'll be looking for exceptional card players that are like minded to write for the site and participate in guild discussions. Hope to hear from everyone!

- John

Rapkannibale
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Sounds like an awesome idea! Seems like you have the big features covered. It would be great if you could allow for guest writers to also share their ideas and strategies on the website not just the writers on your team. :)

Daer
05-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Yeah this sounds like it would be great.

jtatta
05-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Absolutely, guest writers are encouraged! Thanks for your feedback.

Kroan
05-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Any ETA when you guys wanna start? I love reading about Hex so much :P

KingBlackstone
05-21-2013, 10:02 AM
+1, this sounds really cool. :)

jtatta
05-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Any ETA when you guys wanna start? I love reading about Hex so much :P

We're in the process of getting the web page design set up. After that, we'll be working on getting an interview with one of the game devs and a prize giveaway as our first orders of business. Strategy articles will obviously be delayed until we know more cards but talk about the game will be aplenty.

Priest
05-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Do you guys have a name for you group or are ya'll excepting at this time?

jai151
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
I reserved a site name for myself that I was planning to do something similar with. If you guys don't have a name yet and are willing to reimburse what I spent on godaddy (Like $30), let me know. It's heximaniacs.com and .net

jtatta
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Currently we don't have a name and aren't accepting applications but thank you for asking. As far as the domain name goes, we have that covered.

Thank you all so far for the kind words!

RECHiD
05-21-2013, 11:51 AM
I look forward to seeing the site, sounds like you guys have the right idea!

Priest
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Good luck with everything, and be sure to give us updates :D