PDA

View Full Version : Primal Draft Tournament?

Autzen
05-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I know they are going to be rare, but with a large enough playerbase does anybody think it would be cool to have a "Primal Draft" where one of the entry packs is required to be a primal? I think it could be an interesting twist on standard drafts, and the on demand drafting structure would suit it perfectly.

Stok3d
05-21-2013, 09:59 AM
and what would you reward? primal packs?

KingBlackstone
05-21-2013, 10:00 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun, but it would be much smarter to just open the primal yourself =P

Autzen
05-21-2013, 10:04 AM
and what would you reward? primal packs?

Standard rewards I would think, maybe toss in something a little extra like an additional random rare for the winner. Since we keep the cards we draft, and everybody is contributing a primal... well that seems like a pretty good reward in and of itself.

Kroan
05-21-2013, 10:05 AM
All primal packs I receive will either be opened right away or thrown onto the AH depending on whether I still need cards from that set and the price it could fetch.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Rare drafting primal packs argument incoming.
*sarcasm*

Pezzle
05-21-2013, 10:07 AM
At this time there is no way of knowing that primal packs are structured in ways that would make such a draft possible.

Ashenor
05-21-2013, 10:11 AM
*sarcasm*

Hah

ShaolinRaven
05-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Actually you could still rare draft in a Primal format, you just take the Legendary that sells for the most.

On other notes, you could probably set something like this up via their League system.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I suggested this immediately after primal packs were announced. I used to do rare drafts with friends in MtG with junk rares. I would throw in one rare land just to see if it passed around. Usually didn't.

ru2dvs
05-21-2013, 10:24 AM
*sarcasm*

But how do you stop someone from just coming in, taking all of the legendaries, and dropping?

KingBlackstone
05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
But how do you stop someone from just coming in, taking all of the legendaries, and dropping?
I get it. LOL :P

GatticusFinch
05-21-2013, 11:17 AM
So, eight people need to come up with the rarest thing in the game for a chance to win something they could likely buy dozens of by trading or selling the primal packs? Seems legit.

Barov
05-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Has there been any confirmation how many cards are in a primal pack? I expect them to be less than 15.

Diplo
05-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Maybe I'm clueless, but will you be able to tell a primal pack apart from a booster pack? Or is it meant to be a surprise when you decide to open a booster pack and then realize it's all rares/legends etc? In that case any draft tourney would have the chance of including a primal pack. Pretty big assumption though.

Just my 2 cents of random thought

Showsni
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
They've said the pack itself will be different, I believe; so if you have a Primal Pack, you'll know it.

A Primal Draft might be a little like a Cube Draft - all the most powerful stuff in each pack.

Autzen
05-21-2013, 11:32 AM
So, eight people need to come up with the rarest thing in the game for a chance to win something they could likely buy dozens of by trading or selling the primal packs? Seems legit.

I think a lot of people are missing the point that you KEEP WHAT YOU DRAFT. The extra rares or prizes or whathaveyou are icing on the top. This would simply be a chance to draft in a slightly different environment with more powerful cards available. It's not like you are tossing in a primal pack and getting nothing in return, you will end up with the same amount of rares as if you had simply opened the pack.

Barov
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe I'm clueless, but will you be able to tell a primal pack apart from a booster pack? Or is it meant to be a surprise when you decide to open a booster pack and then realize it's all rares/legends etc? In that case any draft tourney would have the chance of including a primal pack. Pretty big assumption though.

Just my 2 cents of random thought

They have confirmed it looks different, so they can be put on the AH.

Diplo
05-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Ah sweet beans, thanks for the clarification.