PDA

View Full Version : Some questions on "Dungeon crawler" tier



Ultrakorne
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi guys,
i backed the first day 35$ and now i was planning to increase my pledge... as all the Pro are gone :( i want to evaluate the Dungeon crawler Tier.

first of all, i'm a bit confused about pve and pvp, will cards / equipment dropped during pve and raids used in pvp ?

how good 100% drop from boss raids only is ? (is the raid 3 ppl, so i dont get any drop bonus if i play alone?)
does that equipment will have any value in pvp as well, or in general.

It seems that those tiers are not well balanced, or a bit hard to evaluate.

Kroan
05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
PvE cards are only for PvE. You can't use equipment in PvP.

PvP cards CAN be used in PvE though.

We don't know how good 100% extra loot is, but as far MMO's go, it sounds quite good.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
No one but Cryptozoic knows how good 100% loot drop increase is.

You can probably wait for a Pro Tier pledge if you watch the page like a hawk.

There's an exception of a special mode of gameplay that allows all cards and equipment, but in general PvP cards can be used in PvE, but not the other way around.

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 10:19 AM
You do not get boosters or PvP cards from playing PvE. Those only come from platinum. You will get cards for PvE though, and you can get double drops for that with dungeon crawler.

Pezzle
05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Information about drops has not been released, so evaluating Dungeon Crawler fairly is not really possible. There will be coins of some kind you get that either convert to or are gold which is used for some transactions. What do bosses drop? Who knows.

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
If you watch the videos, Cory has said that there's a dungeon momentum notion that allows for the final boss to have a scaled loot drop. He's also said they drop equipment, gold, and cards, all with % chances. And you get double the number of rewards for having dungeon crawler.

Ultrakorne
05-21-2013, 10:27 AM
doesnt sound not even close to the pro tier :)
ok i wil go for king probably then.

Pezzle
05-21-2013, 10:30 AM
And if that chance is .01%, Dungeon Crawler is terrible. The unknowns about PvE rewards make it hard to judge value compared to other backer tiers.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Double is double, whether it's 0.01% or 1% or 100%. Question is if you get extra loot in the event you get over 100%?

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Cory had said you get double the number of drops. It isn't a rarity modifier, the likelihood of rare drops scales based on momentum (if that system is actually in place, it may have just been an idea he was talking about).

Pezzle
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Or does it mean if a card drops you get two of that card? Two of the gear etc?

Kroan
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I think people are underestimating gear. If PvE really becomes popular, which I expect it will, gear might be very sought after and fetch high prices. Just look at games as Diablo for example. If there are PvE guilds who want to have a "first kill" on new raid bosses, imagine how much they would put down for insane gear? Now imagine you would have double the chance to get loot...

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 10:40 AM
What it sounded like to me, if there's a 30% chance one card drops, and a 70% chance of a second card, and you have DC, you get two rolls for loot. You'd might get two of A, two of B, or one of A and one of B. Again, there isn't a lot of details out, but that's what I had taken from the info available.

Kroan
05-21-2013, 10:43 AM
It actually sounds to me that if a boss drops one item, it drops two for you.

Turtlewing
05-21-2013, 11:06 AM
My understanding is that the amount of loot is doubled. So basicly the rewards you get are equivalent to having beaten the boss twice (with exactly the same momentum value).

Thanisse
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
My understanding is that the amount of loot is doubled. So basicly the rewards you get are equivalent to having beaten the boss twice (with exactly the same momentum value).

I think this seems closest to reality from what I understood as well

HellMel
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Has it been determined yet if loot drops are personal, or if the dungeoncrawler participating (or leading) a raid will double the total loot drops for the raid?

jasta85
05-21-2013, 04:49 PM
remember you can sell PvE items on the auction house and buy PvP items on the auction house, this has been confirmed.

Daer
05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
loot drops are personal

HellMel
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I hadn't seen that answered anywhere, good to know, thanks.

Jaydawg6958
05-21-2013, 06:38 PM
I think people are underestimating gear. If PvE really becomes popular, which I expect it will, gear might be very sought after and fetch high prices. Just look at games as Diablo for example. If there are PvE guilds who want to have a "first kill" on new raid bosses, imagine how much they would put down for insane gear? Now imagine you would have double the chance to get loot...

I think the 100% loot bonus is highly underestimated as well, from what i'm seeing is there are over 1000 pieces of gear and they must only drop from PVE because they aren't going to take a spot in a pack. There are also Chest, Boots, Gloves, Helm, Weapon, and what appears to be a trinket? With so many different "specs" gear will seem hot for anyone who wants to seriously get a leg up on PVE, very glad I donated for GK.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
The only thing about the PvE pieces is that there are way more gear than slots...

You can only have 6 pieces of gear on (afaik).
You can have about 40 cards in a deck of 60 (the rest go to resource cards).

Basically, the demand for most gear will be poor for most pieces, simply due to the fact that a player can only equip 6 at a time.

Jugan
05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi guys,
i backed the first day 35$ and now i was planning to increase my pledge... as all the Pro are gone :( i want to evaluate the Dungeon crawler Tier.

first of all, i'm a bit confused about pve and pvp, will cards / equipment dropped during pve and raids used in pvp ?

how good 100% drop from boss raids only is ? (is the raid 3 ppl, so i dont get any drop bonus if i play alone?)
does that equipment will have any value in pvp as well, or in general.

It seems that those tiers are not well balanced, or a bit hard to evaluate.

According to CZE, and in particular the people I've personally spoken to, 100% loot drop is going to be a big deal. I don't know how much of a big deal, but they've publicly stated that people are undervaluing loot drops. I assume that if we use fallacious math to say it will take you half the time to find a legendary, then it will be a really good deal (assuming legendaries are as good and/or rare as CZE would lead us to believe).

IndigoShade
05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Sure, but everyone loves different cards! I can definitely see people getting gear to boost whatever their favorite cards are and building around that as long as they don't have another option that's leaps and bounds better.