PDA

View Full Version : The Guild Experience

Shaqattaq
05-21-2013, 10:57 AM
by Kirk Buckendorf

We need social interaction and a feeling of community. In the TCG we currently play, there is also an almost tribal aspect in that there are other groups like ours out there. The rivalries between playgroups are epic in a good way as itís serious competition at the tables, but friendly and good-natured between rounds and around the venue when the tournament hall is closed.

http://hextcg.com/the-guild-experience/

WaylandX
05-21-2013, 11:15 AM
I loved the card previews for this article.

houjix
05-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Will, can we get the bylines on the articles please, especially if the article is going to post several hours before the forum post.

Glothr
05-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Wow, General's Tent looks like it could be very handy. Especially against all those people who say they're going to play Shin'hare =). I like the idea of having a card that can soak up excess resources and provide useful utilities or damage. I can definitely see myself using it.

slipperyjoe
05-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Damn, those previewed cards are brutal.

Avignon
05-21-2013, 03:30 PM
I hope that Generals Tent is PvP because that would be awesome. I get so confused as to whats PvE and whats PvP. There are exclusive cards in the kickstarter that are "PvE" but have no mask item down the bottom making me think they are PvP so I have no idea.

Erebus
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Both cards are PVP

At the bottom of the card, next to the rarity (white/grey/green/blue/purple/orange symbol) is an orange chevron for PVE cards.

MastrFett
05-21-2013, 04:17 PM
I am incredibly excited for this game. I am a big fan of another TCG that I really can't play because there is only one person around to play with, and I barely see him. Being able to play online whenever I want, and to have guild mates to create online friendships with sounds great.

I started as a Warrior Tier supporter and have slowly moved up one step at a time to Knight Tier. I have a feeling that before the end of the Kickstarter I will increase my support to Champion Tier due to everything I'm hearing about it. I don't know how I will pass the time until September to play this game.

The preview cards from this report look so good. I'd love to play some Mind Games with people. Or gather in my General's Tent to play my next strategy.

MastrFett
05-21-2013, 08:36 PM
For the record, I just increased my backing to Champion Tier. I just noticed the stretch goal for that bonus deck. I love collecting intro decks in TCGs.

AstronauticFrog
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
I am very intrigued by the possibilities given by having a shared guild deck pool. Seems awesome, and I plan to use it, but I have a couple questions. If I add cards to the guild pool, then:
1. Can I still use them as my own cards in my own decks, or are they now accessible in the pool only?
2. If they are only accessible from the pool, can I take them out of the pool in the future, or are donations permanent?

Saeijou
06-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Good Question AstronauticFrog!

/push