PDA

View Full Version : Final stretch goal

MatWith1T
05-21-2013, 11:40 AM
So what do we think? Is it going to make a huge leap up to $2M, or are they going to have to make a second set of stretch goals?

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm thinking 1.5m, to make an even 5 times over the original pledge. Hex boosters come with a 'treasure chest', so something like that might open up a sliding stretch goal? (for every $150k, we add a dungeon, raid, or city?) Or it might open a "Primal Pack" of goals, but then people might get bummed if we couldn't get them all.

BossHoss
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Open a primal pack of new stretch goals

Yasi
05-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Early release.

cheese
05-21-2013, 11:44 AM

That'd be so much cooler than just one more stretch goal. Definitely wouldn't hit them all though, now with GK selling out and PP gone

C-Drive
05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
That'd be so much cooler than just one more stretch goal. Definitely wouldn't hit them all though, now with GK selling out and PP gone

Just add free weekly drafts to all $250 tiers (and double the current Pro Players/GKs+ from 1 to 2 drafts a week) - watch the money roll in. Though it's probably not a great plan economically for CZE in the end with all the free draft packs rolling around each week.

Hadin
05-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Just add free weekly drafts to all $250 tiers (and double the current Pro Players/GKs+ from 1 to 2 drafts a week) - watch the money roll in. Though it's probably not a great plan economically for CZE in the end with all the free draft packs rolling around each week.

We've already calculated that drafting pays for itself in less than a year. That means for every free draft they give out they are losing money after a year. Personally I would prefer for this game to continue making money so I can keep playing it.

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Honestly, I just don't know what kind of goals they would really have for a stretch goal beyond what we have. Stretch goals were all things that they said they'd have at launch, where as they'd otherwise come at a later time. There's only so much you can get done in a year, no matter how big the staff, without breaking the core of the game. I'm really curious to see what they have planned, as they've consistently exceeded all expectations of mine.

Also, I kind of think CZE isn't going to be desperate to fill out $250+ tiers. They raised 4 times their goal, and about half of their investment in the game to date. I think they're going to be focused on making careful moves and prepping the game for release, not desperate to grab cash now. I don't think they need to 'fix' anything, though I'm sure they'd love a bunch more king and under backers to grow player base size for beta. I have no idea what kind of reward they'd give out for any more goals, as they've already given so much. Exclusive deck sleeves, mercenaries, pve cards, stuff like free boosters, free drafts, a whole deck of PvP cards. I can't believe how much stuff they're giving out. I have a hero that will smite my foes with a cardboard tube, while his pet pig earns me bonus gold! And a ninja cat!

I still want a wager system. Let people gamble their gold / plat / boosters / cards / equipment. Maybe that's already confirmed and not a goal? Other than that, no idea. And maybe guest invites to beta? I'm at a loss really...

Chance
05-21-2013, 01:31 PM
It's definitely a slippery slope and something they are probably discussing in great length, so far I'd leave this one up to them to decide as our speculations won't be anywhere close or nearly as thought out! Whatever they choose to do I have faith it will be as close to correct as possible provided the situation.

Kroan
05-21-2013, 01:32 PM
There is already a topic about this called "Last Stretch Goal" by the way :)

Xenavire
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM

But, but, but this is FINAL. Like the countdown. (Just poking fun, you are totally right and I have been semi-following that thread, but nothing useful has come out of it so far that I can see.)

MatWith1T
05-21-2013, 02:01 PM

I know, been reading that one too... but wasn't so much interested in people's wish list of what features they want to see as much as whether people expect/want one last shoot-for-the-moon goal, or another small stepping stone into yet another set of stretch goals.

And this is probably not the last duplicate topic we will see :)

Sidewinder
05-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Is it possible that part of the last stretch goal might be alpha access for GK and above? There's only 1100 or so people at that level, and they have shown they want this game to succeed, so they would probably be helpful in the early stages of testing. I'm not saying it will definitely happen, but thinking about it, it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility. September is so far away!

Xenavire
05-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I doubt they will have Alpha structured to be hosted online - so anyone wanting to take part would probably have to go there in person. Not to mention it would require an NDA (the people who were invited also had to sign them already.)

Sidewinder
05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
That's fair. It just seems like advancing the schedule could happen based on the rabid fanbase and the free flowing donations. Although you do run the risk of putting out a worse product, so perhaps not.

zaku
05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Speeding up development just for the sake of pushing a product out is never a good idea. Even if they now have the money to hire more developers, giving the more time to polish will result a better product.

After the final stretch goal, they can easily do the "5 free pack for every tier for every +$100k" and the cash will continue to flow in.

imacpc
1 free booster per month to all tiers $20 and up for over 1.4-1.5. Mil sound fair

nearlysober
I think last stretch goal will be tablet/mobile iOS support moved up in timeline ("near launch").

Keep in mind the game engine, the logic, the cards, etc etc all runs server side. That means the iOS application is just an interface layer to interact with the server... they don't have to recreate the "brains" of the game.

If the backend was designed with multiple application interface in mind... it's not that big of a stretch if they have some extra dough to beef up development & test.

The market will already be flooded with boosters & cards for set 1 due to all the people stacking rewards... despite my desire for "free stuff" I really hope they dont go that route or just throwing more boostes at us. Maybe just 1 more Primal pack :)

An extra copy of exclusives to round out a full playset would be nice.

Hadin
05-21-2013, 02:56 PM
The extra copy would be nice, but I think they might lose pledges if that happens.

Sidewinder
05-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Speeding up development just for the sake of pushing a product out is never a good idea. Even if they now have the money to hire more developers, giving the more time to polish will result a better product.

After the final stretch goal, they can easily do the "5 free pack for every tier for every +$100k" and the cash will continue to flow in.

I generally agree, but this is a game that has been in development for two years. So it's not like a game they just started and needs infinite work. Sure, there is stuff still to be done, but I would imagine the pvp side of the game is pretty far along. Blessing the Fallen not withstanding :-)

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Do you have any clue on how long it takes to hire competent developers nd give them knowledge transfer so they are able to deliver something worthy?

They shouldn't try to push the deadlines.

What they need is to hire senior IT architect, community managers, translators & upgrade their servers/infrastructure.

~

zaku
05-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I generally agree, but this is a game that has been in development for two years. So it's not like a game they just started and needs infinite work. Sure, there is stuff still to be done, but I would imagine the pvp side of the game is pretty far along. Blessing the Fallen not withstanding :-)

Bugs in sanctioned PVP could kill the game very quickly. And that will be back for all us backers =)

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
I'd like to see some Platinum added in the final stretch, mainly because I want more drafts or sealed tourneys out of my boosters:)

Liokae
05-21-2013, 03:58 PM

I like the cut of your jib.

Clawdius
05-21-2013, 04:09 PM
5 set 1 boosters to Supporter and up, 5 set 2 boosters to warrior and up, 5 set 3 boosters to captain and up. Supporter and up get a new unique Mercenary, and a new exclusive PVE card "Kickback", quick action that returns your opponents last played card to their hand. The Dragons Blood starter deck is extended down to Knight and higher.

Bloodiron
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
An animated short of Cory going SSJ (with his wig on) fighting Kyle riding a war-bear wielding a deck of Hex cards.

BigDog
05-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Do you have any clue on how long it takes to hire competent developers nd give them knowledge transfer so they are able to deliver something worthy?

What they need is to hire senior IT architect, community managers, translators & upgrade their servers/infrastructure.

~

Not true, i did the math.

If it takes 1 doctor nine months to deliver a baby, if you add 8 doctors you should get a delivered baby in 1 month.

Chance
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM

~

Well put, I really hope they make the translators/infrastructure a priority. Server stability is pretty important for public image.

Lochar
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Not true, i did the math.

If it takes 1 doctor nine months to deliver a baby, if you add 8 doctors you should get a delivered baby in 1 month.

Where's my like button?