PDA

View Full Version : Update #13 One Million Dollars

cheese
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/487442

Sadly no final reward reveal.

I'll save you the bad Austin Powers reference and instead offer you this. A sheer master and a classy dresser to boot.

So, we made it! We did it, everyone! Seven figures! Take a look at the graph on Kicktraq. Have you ever seen a video game project that just keeps going up at that rate? That's you, the HEX community, doing work!

When we broke through the million dollar mark last night, we at Cryptozoic received a lot of personal messages of congratulations from friends and backers. Thank you for all those messages, but really, it's you who deserve the congratulations. Without you backers, none of this would be possible. You're out there sharing this project, bringing people into HEX and spreading the word. So, thank you and congratulations to all our backers. This is much more your victory than ours.

PayPal Update

Hey PayPal backers. ** receipt printer sounds** Your total comes to $67,532.10. Hooray! And that means we've beat a few stretch goals!

Stretch Goal Update

You already had Keep Defense beat. That means all Knights and above get Ninja Training plus equipment. Plus, all Grand King and above get 50 packs of Set 2! I've peeked into a few Set 2 Electric Boogaloo playtest sessions and I'm speechless. So freaking cool!

You unlocked Playback Support. That means all King and above get 1 of each respective crafting material, and all levels from Squire to Producer get the 1 Million Dollar sleeves. We'll probably blast through the Motion Comics intro tier today, and that means tomorrow we'll be revealing the final card in the pack. It's legendary, so you know it's going to be huge!

Grand King Tier

We have less than 100 Grand Kings left, so if you've been on the fence about getting that or upgrading, I recommend doing it with Speed.

New Lore Additions

Loregoyle Mike Kirchhoff added more creatures to our Story section. Head to HEXTCG.com, mouse over Story, and head Creatures on the menu to see more. Shroomkin! Void Society! Dragons! Rawr.

Card Previews

Player and friend to Cryptozoic Kirk Buckendorf came to the offices recently to check out HEX and you know what gets him most excited for HEX? Guilds! He's all about the social aspect of TCGs and he writes about how that works with HEX. Plus, two card previews! http://hextcg.com/the-guild-experience/

Thanks again for getting us past 1 million dollars. Go out today and celebrate a little yourself. Kick back with a Coke. Eat that extra cupcake. High five a stranger. Remember, this is more your victory than it is ours. Treat yo self!

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Sum up :
Thanks and come back tomorrow for the big news :D
Check our forums and website

~

cheese
05-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Sum up :
Thanks and come back tomorrow for the big news :D
Check our forums and website

~

Pretty much. At least we have the guild experience thing to read through, first site update in a while.

Fireblast
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Pretty much. At least we have the guild experience thing to read through, first site update in a while.

It's been up for like 5 hours :)

~

Chance
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
For some reason these get a bit more depressing I feel like the hype train is dying down.. i just want them to keep announcing cool shit.

houjix
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
For some reason these get a bit more depressing I feel like the hype train is dying down.. i just want them to keep announcing cool shit.

Yep, unless they juice the weaker $250 tiers they will be hitting the mid project slump pretty fast, albeit way later than most KS projects.

jai151
05-21-2013, 11:57 AM

That is COMPLETELY our fault.

Only so much work can get done in a day. We are BLOWING THROUGH these stretch goals like it's nothing. We're only about 30-40k from unlocking the penultimate one. The problem is, the game can't possibly get developed as fast as we're funding it, and they simply don't have more stuff to give us yet.

Liokae
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM

Only so much work can get done in a day. We are BLOWING THROUGH these stretch goals like it's nothing. We're only about 30-40k from unlocking the penultimate one. The problem is, the game can't possibly get developed as fast as we're funding it, and they simply don't have more stuff to give us yet.

Hey, could be worse. Star Citizen is currently sitting at a total donations of 3.7 million past their FINAL stretch goal... of six million.

Chance
05-21-2013, 12:09 PM

Oh I know it's just this really really is like Crack and I can't contain myself. I don't know how many times I've woken up in a gutter covered in Magic wrappings wondering what I've done with my life, now I don't even need to goto a store I just click a few buttons and I'm out 750$.

cheese
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey, could be worse. Star Citizen is currently sitting at a total donations of 3.7 million past their FINAL stretch goal... of six million.

To be fair, a lot of that money was after the kickstarter closed.