PDA

View Full Version : Question about Supporter Tier ($10)

Xileo
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to decided which Tier I should choose and I also have a question about the Supporter Tier for $10.

The Supporter Tier grants beta access but that's pretty much it. I am wondering about how will the Supporter Tier be playable without a deck?

I apologize if that sounded noobish, would just like a clarification on things

Xenavire
05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
All accounts get one free starter - that isn't included in any tier. Don't worry about it, you will be covered.

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 02:02 PM
The starter deck cannot be traded though, as a heads up. The cards are account bound.

Boojum
05-21-2013, 02:09 PM
If you're looking at Supporter, keep in mind that putting in an additional $10 to go up to Squire gives you $61 worth of additional stuff (2 starters, 10 boosters, and 3 drafts).

Turtlewing
05-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Honestly "Supporter" is kind of a suckers choice. "Squire" is twice as expensive but you're going to end up spending more than that and getting less if you pledge Supporter (remember CZE makes their money by tempting you to buy packs, or join tournaments).

At Squire tier you get more $40.00 worth of cards at post launch pricing, in addition to the beta invite and any stretch goals that go that far down.

Xileo
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the information guys! ^_^

If you're looking at Supporter, keep in mind that putting in an additional $10 to go up to Squire gives you $61 worth of additional stuff (2 starters, 10 boosters, and 3 drafts).

lol yeah, I think thats why I'm having a hard time to decide which tier I want, just paying a little bit more can get you even more nice goodies

Turtlewing
05-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the information guys! ^_^

lol yeah, I think thats why I'm having a hard time to decide which tier I want, just paying a little bit more can get you even more nice goodies

Truth be told King is the sweat spot for packs/KS cards per dollar. However all the levels between Squire and king give more packs than you'll be able to buy for their price post launch.

Tiers above King are a bit more complex to value (especially with some being sold out). And in particular the ones above Grand King work on a drastically different value model than packs/dollar.

Really the only "trap" tier is Supporter from there it's about optimizing how much you can spend vs what sort of rewards are most worthwhile to you.

[edit] And I supose if $10.00 is your limit supporter can be OK, but you're probably going to regret not going to $20 for the Squire moments after making your beta account.