PDA

View Full Version : Where and how were you converted?

BohemianStalker
05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Keep it simple please!:-)

Ill start: I stumbled upon KS HEX page myself(checking ks often) and converted myself!...

Lochar
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Same here. I was on the Exalted 3E kickstarter and was just poking around.

I waited too long to get Pro, so I had to get Grand King. :P

imacpc
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
trading for cash(hopefully getting investments back) and having fun at the same time

Sci3nce
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Was on my facebook page day 1 of the KS. Was going to wait til June to decide but PP were dropping like flies so I had to commit early.

Hadin
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
trading for cash(hopefully getting investments back) and having fun at the same time

I think they meant how you discovered the game.

For me, I saw a random post on the MTG subreddit on Fridayand decided to take a look.

houjix
05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
I play the WoW TCG, came to the forums, saw a new forum group that was basically empty and said whuuuh?!?

Bloodiron
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Just checking KS as I always do every once in a while and there it was, just a few hours after it was posted. Wish I would have snagged a Pro Player while they still had some.

Boojum
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Saw it on day 1 on Facebook, and jumped onboard after watching the initial video.

imacpc
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I think they meant how you discovered the game.

on facebook then i saw ppl talking about it on reddit so i thought i'll give it a try sorta getting tried of yu gi oh =P

Clawdius
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
I saw this article on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/a-massively-multiplayer-online-trading-card-game-tell-496800730) and watched the video, and decided I had to check it out. I saw it and pledged Warrior. Then upgraded to Knight, then Champion, now I'm at King.

Chance
05-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Reading Penny Arcade they did a short write-up about Cory and here I am :)

BlindMan
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I also saw the comic and post on Penny Arcade, checked out the Kickstarter and couldn't resist.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
A Tweet when the KS opened by a Blizzard employee, mentioning he backed it. So I checked it out and backed within the hour.

Hexmage
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Razer posted a link on their twitter account, don't know why the hell I follow them probably some contest. Strangely enough it didn't show up on my regular checks on kickstarter because it apparently is just classified as a game and not a Video game or Tabletop game (the 2 pages I frequent)

IndigoShade
05-21-2013, 04:47 PM
The Camelot Unchained Kickstarter page gave HEX a shoutout in appreciation for the guys at HEX supporting Camelot Unchained. So right after pledging more than I usually spend on a video game for Camelot I got suckered into spending way more than I should on HEX :p. Now I'm looking forward to HEX even more than Camelot Unchained, but that game is 2 years off with little to show atm anyway.

Shrennan
05-21-2013, 04:53 PM
On the forum NeoGAF, there was a thread about this on the first day and I pretty much instantly pledged because I love TCGs and MMOs. This game was meant for me.

Qorsair
05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
A friend saw it mentioned on MMO-Chamion, and told me about it since he knew I love TCGs (and to a lesser extent MMOs). After looking into Cryptozoic and reading about the game for about 10 minutes, getting more and more excited, I finally yelled "TAKE MY MONEY!" and immediately pledged Grand King.

Truhls
05-21-2013, 05:03 PM
The Camelot Unchained Kickstarter page gave HEX a shoutout in appreciation for the guys at HEX supporting Camelot Unchained. So right after pledging more than I usually spend on a video game for Camelot I got suckered into spending way more than I should on HEX :p. Now I'm looking forward to HEX even more than Camelot Unchained, but that game is 2 years off with little to show atm anyway.

i did this exact same thing too, i dropped 150 on tides of numenera, 110 on camelot unchained and now 500 on hex. I think i have a KS problem.

Rhodes
05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I saw an add on Wowhead the Friday after KS launch. I came to the KS page and watched the "Learn to Play" video and instantly began calculating how much I would spend.

HellMel
05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Penny Arcade

Kenshin
05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Friend and fellow leaguemate (in an online CCG) passed the KS page around in League chat...didn't take long to gather enough people, get them interested and join :)

OysterPrime
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
WoW Insider wrote an article about the game and they linked to the Kickstarter. Once I watched the pitch video, I knew I had to fund the game. I got very excited about Hearthstone when I saw it at PAX East, and while I am still excited about it, I wanted something that was a little more complex and focused on competition. At first I was going to pledge in as Captain, then it went to Champion, and then King. Well, now I'm a Grand King, and the rest is history.:D

Estar1
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Saw an article on Massively and pledged king then as Pros were being snagged up i upgraded to Pro, I would of upgraded to Grank king if i had the funds available.

stephenhii
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Saw it from Cryto's Facebook (shared link) on day 1.

dogmod
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Penny-arcade

CrimsonSoul
05-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I saw someone posted it on Halforums (http://www.halfroums.com)

RiceBucket
05-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Was just browsing games on KS and saw this, and was really tempted but held back thinking of going either King or PP tier.
Then kept seeing articles on the game and people talking about it everywhere and decided on PP.

Now that I'm on the forums, keep seeing people post about their really high pledges, I up'd my pledge as well :)

Just feel sad none of my friends are into TCGs now...

Drake6k
05-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Penny-Arcade

I got pro the same day

Genosaurer
05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
I saw the post on mmo champion. I watched the video and was like "hearthstone beta will be sooner but this is guaranteed access if I pledge."...thought about it more....looked at stretch goals more...watched other videos....looked at kickstarter more...saw pro players running out...pledged pro player while I still could :D

AstronauticFrog
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
I too saw Penny Arcade's testament to Cory's evil (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/05/10), and debated for a while whether or not it was worth it, but the game soon devoured my mind before I even kicked. Now I'm sitting at Pro, kinda wishing I had gone Grand King before it ran out (but maybe I'll just get a King tier to stack...)

alpha5099
05-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Another one from Penny Arcade. Saw the comic when it was first posted, didn't think much of it. Tycho's news post went up later that day, and after reading through his enthusiastic first impressions I headed over to the Kickstarter, watched the video, and knew they had my money.

Grissnap
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
The guy I play WoW TCG with mentioned it on his facebook. My first reaction to "new online mmo / tcg!" was "meh". Then I eventually checked out the kickstarter, because I like cryptozoic. Then I saw you could draft, and the online 24/7 nature meant I could play against lots of people. I had been somewhat interested in Sol Forge before, but it didn't quite mesh 100% for me, but this one hit all the buttons. I went pro right away (and happy I did).

ForgedSol
05-21-2013, 10:55 PM
SolForge Off-Topic forums. Shocked at how exactly like Magic this is, and I don't understand how game companies can copy each other this much, but that seems to be just how it goes. Stuck around for the insane value in the lower tiers, then as time went on kept on getting tempted to go higher and higher. Now currently at 4 Grand King's.

taveren
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
penny arcade here also started with 20 but getting more sucked in to the 65 shame i'm to broke to go higher

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Penny Arcade, after EB King was gone but there were countless Pros. Don't know of any better advertising than a PA comic and mercenary, well maybe TB/Gamestation/Yogscast.

Dratzl
05-22-2013, 03:05 AM
Saw it on massively.joystiq.com/ (http://massively.joystiq.com/) and i always wanted to play a tcg, so i backed :)
(As a kid/joungster i had to decide between mtg and warhammer fantasy - i went for warhammer fantasy, had no money for both)

Fireblast
05-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Facebook on day 1, got hooked since then.

~

theghost32
05-22-2013, 06:26 AM
a friend who worked for cryptozoic posted about it on her page saw it and was hooked

freudinio
05-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Their facebook page showed up in my feed. 17th to like, 3rd to back ;).

darkbreaker
05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
I saw the post on mmo champion. I watched the video and was like "hearthstone beta will be sooner but this is guaranteed access if I pledge."...thought about it more....looked at stretch goals more...watched other videos....looked at kickstarter more...saw pro players running out...pledged pro player while I still could :D
Same over here, went to mmo-champ looking for hearthstone updates, then clicked the video. Was at work, lost my concentration for the rest of the day, reading the website and the forum, lol. Had exactly USD$120 left on my credit card... then we became brothers.