PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts, 1 Kickstart

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Okay, I just thought about this as I am planning to add a King level backing for my daughter. Here's my question.

Being a minor(7 years old exactly), I want her to have an account, but I'd like to have parental management(I assume this should be an option of some sort), but I don't want to have to do anything like make an account for her for kickstarter, and don't let her have her own e-mail just yet.

Is there a preferred way to manage the kickstarter contribution that will allow our accounts to be created seperately? I don't want to merge the bonuses, I'd just prefer to use one central e-mail/whathaveyou for both. She is already becoming a decent M:tG player, so I figure Hex would be a good game for her to get into, but how would/should this be done?

WWKnight
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Easy mate. Just dont merge them when they ask if you want anything merged :)

Oh wait, you mean you have 1 Kickstarter and you dont want to make a second? You could always just pledge through paypal for her account.

Truhls
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Why cant you just make a new KS acccount and email for her? She wont know either and she can still play the game.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Fair enough on both counts, though why I dont make her an e-mail simply, I dont want to lose the account info eventually:)

As per the stating I dont want it merged, Crypto will keep the accounts seperate?(Seems like the more efficient way for me if this holds true, WW)

Truhls
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah they only merge the accounts when you agree, so they will be separate until otherwise. and if you make her an email, if its google you can put your own email as the back up in case you ever forget the credentials. Plus if you make the email account now and give it to her in the future when she wants her own, youll always have access to it.

WWKnight
05-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Although as a father of a 7 year old myself, I believe once they hit 12 or 13 you dont want access to their private stuff. But thats another topic for another thread for another forum.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Although as a father of a 7 year old myself, I believe once they hit 12 or 13 you dont want access to their private stuff. But thats another topic for another thread for another forum.

Very likely, but that's why I dont want her to have just her own stuff right now. She's advanced for her age, but she's a farm baby. She doesn't really know what people can be like yet.

But thanks for the help and all, I'll likely do the GMail account and use mine as backup, I hadn't considered that idea.

Truhls
05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Very likely, but that's why I dont want her to have just her own stuff right now. She's advanced for her age, but she's a farm baby. She doesn't really know what people can be like yet.

But thanks for the help and all, I'll likely do the GMail account and use mine as backup, I hadn't considered that idea.

well the privacy issue is completely up to the parent. For them to have privacy all the parent needs to do is not reset the account to gain access. In case your kid ever disappears or anything bad ever happens ( though i hope it doesnt ) it always a nice option to have.

Dralon
05-21-2013, 05:29 PM
I have 3 or 4 email addresses I have gathered through the years, so I used an old, but active Yahoo address to create a 2nd kickstarter acct which I then used to pledge for what will be my sons account. He is only 9 so ill maintain control over the Hex account once we get to that stage and just manage them separately.

With games that are online, I am always either playing with him or in the room to monitor.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
I expect a similar case, Dralon. I don't intend on allowing her to play on her own. Though I am a divorced dad, I get her and her younger sister a lot. Though their mother agrees with me 100% on the privacy and activity front, we are unified in this. So she'll be monitored when I am not playing beside her and she's at home. we also don't think she can have her password yet, just so we know when she can be on or not. Schoolwork first and all of that.