PDA

View Full Version : We've now officially had our best day yet!

Gwaer
05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/#chart-daily

Also, new backers is up, too.

Tyrfang
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Good numbers, but it could be slightly misleading based on the number of people who basically placed options down on Grand King with a separate account in case they buff the other $250 tiers.

Still, the more players the better.

Clawdius
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/minichart.png

My main concern with this Kickstarter is that the average pledge is 163 dollars on Kicktraq, but with multi-pledgers and more and an typical number between 3-8% of pledges not paid, what will that really mean for the overall total?

Gwaer
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Yea, I honestly think that combining pledges was a bad call... Not that I didn't take advantage of it... But it shouldn't have been a thing, that would give us a lot clearer picture, I bet the numbers would be much lower though.

Bloodiron
05-21-2013, 06:54 PM
A thought I just had: maybe the increase in backers yesterday and today are due to the game reaching and exceeding that one million dollar mark.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Yea, I honestly think that combining pledges was a bad call... Not that I didn't take advantage of it... But it shouldn't have been a thing, that would give us a lot clearer picture, I bet the numbers would be much lower though.

Plus, without the combining, more players likely would have pledged higher, earlier to get the intended stack of benefits from the 250 tiers I believe, though I still think Gk and Pro would be sold out by now either way. There are constantly people f5ing the KS page just waiting for a pro to open up. I just think the double or triple pros might have GKed a bit earlier, giving a much more clear picture of where we sit today.

Vibraxus
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM

Stacking a bad idea....ya think?

darkwonders
05-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't think stacking was a bad idea. Other KS have done it. Lots of them have exclusive tiers that don't include stuff in lower tiers, so lots of people end up backing more.

Also don't forget that other KS usually have add-ons to your pledge. the only "add-on" for Hex is purchasing multiple tiers.

Genosaurer
05-21-2013, 07:10 PM
I think they should of let people stack different tiers, but not the same tier. Like there was one guy with 6x pro player tiers. Obviously they said the limit is 4, so I'm sure that person has dropped down to 4. If they want to go Grand King + pro, let them. But going pro + pro limits the number of people that could go pro where as the first example, the guy still got 2 drafts free but only took up 1 spot in the pro and that 2nd draft cost him a bit more.

edit: of course no stacking of same tier only applies to the limited # tiers, i.e 250$+ ones.

KingBlackstone
05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
I was blown away at today's statistics. I thought there was no way in hell we'd top the day when Pro tier sold out.
Great work everyone.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I was going to add my King tier to my pro player, but am waiting to make sure hte finances line up correctly before doing so. Daughter's account gets to wait a week or so :)

KingBlackstone
05-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I was going to add my King tier to my pro player, but am waiting to make sure hte finances line up correctly before doing so. Daughter's account gets to wait a week or so :)
Congrats on getting your daughter into the game! I wish I could get my brother to play. Haha.

Tinuvas
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Congrats on getting your daughter into the game! I wish I could get my brother to play. Haha.

3 Brothers and 2 daughters getting into this one with me! I love the very idea of Hex. This will be a TON of fun.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't see a reason I shouldn't get her into it, she plays M:tG with me already. She's into comics and various other of my nerdly traits so it only makes sense that Hex be a family game for us.

Genosaurer
05-21-2013, 08:16 PM
my best friend has no interest in this game :( We've played tons of WoW type games like Neverwinter, Rift, etc and when I brought this game up it was just silence. It's a shame cause I am super hyped about it. I hope the game keeps my attention longer than WoW did so I get even more value from my KS tier over the years.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 08:16 PM
3 Brothers and 2 daughters getting into this one with me! I love the very idea of Hex. This will be a TON of fun.

grats Tinuvas. Being able to game with family is an awesome experience.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 08:17 PM
my best friend has no interest in this game :( We've played tons of WoW type games like Neverwinter, Rift, etc and when I brought this game up it was just silence. It's a shame cause I am super hyped about it. I hope the game keeps my attention longer than WoW did so I get even more value from my KS tier over the years.

Give it time, Geno. Stream, show it to your friends live and see if the tune changes. As new features get better explanations and are shown more in depth, there will only be more upside to show. Remember, we've still learned VERY little about this game thus far.