PDA

View Full Version : Cards don't wear equipment...

Qorsair
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
...Your hero does.

After seeing countless people (myself included) misunderstand this mechanic, I felt compelled to make this public service notice.

So if one card requires gloves for an enhanced effect, and another card requires a different set of gloves for an enhanced effect... you can't have both cards enhanced at the same time.

djlowballer
05-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. The game makes a lot more sense now :)

Clawdius
05-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Heh, you thought a Spell might be inclined to wear boots? http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Extinction_Gear_Web.png

YouMustChoose
LOL I was confused at first too. ;)

Gorgol
Ah, I was kind of curious about that. This makes things much more interesting.

fido_one
05-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Ah,

Yeah, right, that makes total sense now. Doesn't change much (if anything changes the game for the better), but I am scratching my head on with everything they've explained so well at this point, why this element was not clear at all until Qorsair's PSA.

stephenhii
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Basic WoWTCG mechanics guys.

Clawdius
05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Basic WoWTCG mechanics guys.

Not everyone played the WoW TCG, but anyone who read all of the updates should have gleaned this long ago.

darkwonders
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Makes sense. You would have such an OP deck in PVE if you were able to equip every card with equipment.

Qorsair
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Not everyone played the WoW TCG, but anyone who read all of the updates should have gleaned this long ago.

Apparently not everyone is as Hexed as we are. I initially assumed each card had a slot for a different piece of equipment that your champion would use when you played that card. However, in my insatiable thirst for Hex, I figured it out after reading the article on the website about how the champions work. (http://hextcg.com/creating-and-gearing-up-your-character/#more-3051)

In the last few days I've seen several people talk about equipping cards or playing cards together that have conflicting equipment requirements. So it looks like there are still a lot of people out there who haven't read every article and update.

Digital_Aether
05-21-2013, 07:21 PM
is there a full list of character slots anywhere? boots, gloves, chest, head, weapon, but anything else?

tecnophi
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
So it looks like there are still a lot of people out there who haven't read every article and update.

Reading is overrated (well, not really but I have a point to make). I would really prefer a video walkthrough of a mock PvE play session. Go over all the decision making points, the interactions between champion, items, deck, and opponents. Nice to read and theory-craft on how it is going to work, some of us will be spot on, but for the rest of us having it seen in action would be better.

houjix
05-21-2013, 07:28 PM
is there a full list of character slots anywhere? boots, gloves, chest, head, weapon, but anything else?
Item slot too I believe. They said there was six in the equipment article.

Gwaer
05-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Cory actually lists all of the equipment slots in one of the videos... Possibly the live stream? Or possibly my brain is just making it up, but I seem to remember that.

There is definitely at least one trinket or item slot.

ForgedSol
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh hmm... I didn't understand that either. I, too, thought that cards became equipped. That's the impression I got from the initial video.

Daer
05-21-2013, 07:40 PM
When you gain a piece of equipment, it goes into your collection of cards that can be used in building a deck. Each champion has six equipment slots (Helmet, Armor, Gloves, Boots, Weapon, Trinket) and each piece of equipment is one of these types.

Remember there is a hex website with the basic game info on it.

RiceBucket
05-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Ahah...
I'll be the first to admit I got confused a bit at first.
Now I just feel silly.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ebynfel
05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Remember there is a hex website with the basic game info on it.

Lies...LIES I SAY! The Forums are all!

Seriously though, the site has tons of info and explained a lot. I think, mainly, we are hitting a stage of information overload. However, in our thirst we crave more even after or heads hurt from the ramifications of what we have already seen.

Talreth
05-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Not sure about information overload. They don't even release an article a day.

Qorsair
05-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Not sure about information overload. They don't even release an article a day.

Keep in mind a lot of people are just getting here in the last few days.

To catch up, they would have to get through: the Kickstarter page, 13 kickstarter updates, several interviews on youtube/podcasts, a twitch.tv livestream, the 12 articles posted on the main Hex website along with about 30 gameplay and lore related pages there.

Deathfog
05-21-2013, 11:36 PM
6 slots isn't very limiting for a 60 card deck considering 17-18 average resources and up to 4 of any card. There are set bonuses to consider, of which there has only been one revealed so far. Whether each slot tends to do a general theme effect or if its just arbitrary will make PvE deck building very involved. Only real questions are if you can double gear for one card, which I'd assumed would work so long as they don't use the same slot, and do many or any pieces of gear affect multiple cards outside of designed sets?

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Their example set bonus was rare / legendary gear for burn, burn to the ground, and inferno. The burn to the ground gear makes "x burn spells" and put them in your deck when using burn to the ground. I'm wondering if sets have some sort of synergy. Normally the gear revealed only effects one card directly, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some crazy stuff.