PDA

View Full Version : Trying to learn the game before demoing it.

LennyV
05-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Neither I or other players can seem to win with Batman. After about three fights Batman is left with no cards in hand and has to pass turn for several rounds before taking on another Villain. Most fights I play at least four cards to beat a Villain and still lose a majority of the time.

I'm just wondering if there is something in the instructions I'm missing. How do you get back into the game once Batman is down to only moving one spot a turn and/or passing multiple turns to gain enough cards to attempt another Villain fight?

Matt_Hyra
05-21-2013, 09:08 PM
At the bottom of page 12 of the rulebook there are some variant rules for the Villains and Batman. At the start of Batman's turn, if you have no cards in hand, you may skip your entire turn and draw 3 cards. That should help. :) It takes a lot of skill and strategy to win as Batman, so it's highly recommended that you use this variant during your first few games. You don't have to play with the Villain variant rules to use the Batman variant rules.

LennyV
05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Are you allowed to skip the end of turn draw or somehow burn that extra card if the villain player does not instigate combat to ensure you can draw three on Batman's next turn?

Matt_Hyra
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Nope. That would be too easy.
To avoid that issue, don't use up all of your Combat Cards during Batman's turn. Then get in the way of the Villains and force them to jump you during their turn. Then use all of your cards and you will draw back up to 3 at the start of the next Batman turn.

If they don't jump you, then you are building up such a large hand that you don't have to worry about dropping down to 1 card again.

Jayngo
06-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Not sure what you mean about villains jumping Batman...

Matt_Hyra
06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Not sure what you mean about villains jumping Batman...

If the Villains don't move into Batman's space.

ReaperTyrant
08-19-2013, 09:33 PM
I have played, demoed @ gencon, and picked up my copy. Fun stuff.