PDA

View Full Version : Limited attempts for dungeons?

Rapkannibale
05-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Hi,

I just noticed while reading the Aethynia mercenary that her passive that unlocks at level 40 gives you an advantage "while you are on your final attempt in a dungeon...".

One could infer from this that dungeons (at least some of them) will have a limited number of attempts that you can try to complete them.

Personally I like this kind of system if it is not too restrictive, so a few attempts per day rather than one attempt per week or something like that.

Did someone else notice this? What do you guys think? Do you like the idea of limited attempts for dungeons?

katkillad
05-22-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't think they have mentioned limited attempts, but i'm pretty sure that card is referring to deaths while in a dungeon. I think they mentioned at some point that you have 3 lives and each time you die the rewards are lowered a bit. So this champion would give you those boosts if you had died twice.

purple-one
05-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Dungeons have a limit of 3, you gain Death Marks with each fail. When you fail the last attempt, you must start the dungeon all over again by lvl 1 of the dungeon. At least, that is how I read the Dungeon explanation (http://hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids). But then I don`t mind if I must start over again, more game play and more knowledge on how to play the dungeon.

4acrossisemu
05-22-2013, 03:35 AM
I think there should be a sort of lock on the dungeons to stop farming. but a only a limit of successful runs, say 3 a day since they say they will take 4/5 hours each run. Once the raiders are on the scene they will speed run for the good stuff and that will drop too 2/3 most likely. So a highish limit would be nice to safeguard the price of cards.

So far everything i've read about the dungeons/raid sound very good. I like the way it's proposed so perhaps limited runs might not be required but for now i'd say yea they are needed until we get to test them out.

add in the number of early Dungeon crawlers too with kings sold out and a possible 900 more could skew it more.

Massabik
05-22-2013, 03:39 AM
I don't think any sort of lock will be needed. From what they've said, you only get the real good stuff by fully clearing the dungeon, which prevents the speed runs.

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 03:49 AM
I thought they actually explicity said they won't lock dungeons somewhere... The final attempt is just like a final life before retrying. The final boss is where the good loot is, so failing the dungeon before beating that guy makes you start over.

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 04:41 AM
3 lives in a dungeon makes sense. Otherwise you could complete almost any dungeon with almost any deck, because you would just play until you win. Sure it would take more time, but if you could lose, you would try the boss until you have absolute godhand, that beats anything.

maniza
05-22-2013, 05:09 AM
well in most mmorpgs the harder stuff. (raids) are sometimes limited to once week or something so it could happen. its a good way to limit the ammount of legendary stuff that will come out of those. normal dungeons are kind of another story dont think the shud lock those.

katkillad
05-22-2013, 05:28 AM
I hope they aren't limited, lockouts in WoW are stupid. If I want to poopsock let me poop in my socks!

Fireblast
05-22-2013, 05:33 AM
The lockout is when you've cleared it, not when you have attempted it.
So you fail 3 times, you start back from 0, but you don't have to wait to retry.

I'm hoping it works that way.

~

Daer
05-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Yeah lockouts would be stupid. Its needed in Wow because with the limited gear you could fully equip yourself in a week. Thats not a problem with 1800 pieces of gear and hundreds of cards, lots of which you'll want 4 copies of.

ramseytheory
05-22-2013, 07:09 AM
They've mentioned the possibility of being able to earn the occasional booster in PVE - I can see lockouts being sensible for a high-end raid that gives out a booster as a prize, for example.

Yasi
05-22-2013, 07:41 AM
They've mentioned the possibility of being able to earn the occasional booster in PVE - I can see lockouts being sensible for a high-end raid that gives out a booster as a prize, for example.

Doesn't matter because the boosters are exclusively for PvE only. You can only earn PvE stuff in PvE.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Doesn't matter because the boosters are exclusively for PvE only. You can only earn PvE stuff in PvE.

Actually in the Twitch stream Corey said that you could sometimes earn boosters in PvE, and did not say PvE boosters. So there will be ways to get regular boosters in PvE, but its probably going to be a rare reward as opposed to something you can just grind out for.

Brumby66
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM

I'm pretty sure they said one of the faction quests will give you a draft, but that would be a one time thing. This would be to bring the pve population to the pvp side. Give them a taste and they may become addicted.

Yasi
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Q:Can we expect different types of game modes other than 1on1? Are there rewards for winning matches? Can they earn cards and boosters or is that all cash shop only?
A:You can expect modes other then 1v1 in the PvE space. Raids are 3v1 and there are several dungeons that mess around with # players on both sides in crazy ways.
You get cards for completing quests as well as defeating special enemies. Finally, that can drop from treasure chests, etc.
There are basically 2 sets of cards - PvE cards, which can only be earned through the single player game (and drop from raids), and PvP cards which can only be gotten through purchased booster packs. The number of cards in each set is roughly the same.
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

Englishly speaking, it wouldn't make sense for them to say this if you can get PvP stuff in PvE and then saying PvP cards can only be obtained from purchased booster packs.

Brumby66
05-22-2013, 07:52 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

Englishly speaking, it wouldn't make sense for them to say this if you can get PvP stuff in PvE and then saying PvP cards can only be obtained from purchased booster packs.

Unless the quest gives you a set amount of plat and makes you use it on a draft (tutorial style). That is technically purchasing it.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/404773267

Corey states that

1) There is a pvp faction in pve to introduce players to pvp play and will grant them an entry into a pvp constructed and limited tourney.

2) There are a few ways you can earn packs in pve, sounded like it was going to be very limited though.

The interview with Corey starts at around the 1hr 10min mark and both statements are around the 1hr 12min and 1hr 15min marks respectively.

Yasi
05-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Maybe he's referring to PvE booster packs that contain PvE cards? It would be a good away for PvE players to enter certain drafts without paying much.

Karnegal
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
No it's pretty clear that you'll get one of booster packs for limited purposes. Again, the idea being to get you into PvP so that you continue to draft with your own money.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
No it's pretty clear that you'll get one of booster packs for limited purposes. Again, the idea being to get you into PvP so that you continue to draft with your own money.

Thats my thought on it. I wouldn't expect it to be a common occurrence, but enough to try and hook PvE players on PvP. You always want to try and convert free players to paying players and this would be a good way to do so without being intrusive/pushy about it.