PDA

View Full Version : New Tier Suggestion

katkillad
05-22-2013, 04:39 AM
With the last of the GK's gone and without a buff of the remaining $250 tiers maybe it's time for one more tier to generate some funds?

Make a new tier that is the same as the pro tier costing $250 and limited to 1000 except instead of the free 3 booster+1 entry fee draft you get a free constructed tournament entry every week?

Congrats on this $250k you are welcome :cool:

Oaka23
05-22-2013, 04:59 AM
constructed...draft? what is this thing you speak of?

maniza
05-22-2013, 04:59 AM
they already have 4 $250 tiers dont think they need more just add some pvp stuff for those tiers via rewards like aditional draft a week for 3 months or give all the $250 tiers a constructed tournament a month for a year to spike sells. i think the constructed tournament seems like a good option because they dont actually have to give away packs whit that or give us a serious glimpse into pve that just shows everyone just how amazing it is and make ppl go for them. a dungeon run would do that.

katkillad
05-22-2013, 05:01 AM
constructed...draft? what is this thing you speak of?

You know what I meant, i've been up 20 hours don't sass.

Diesbudt
05-22-2013, 05:04 AM
You know what I meant, i've been up 20 hours don't sass.

The only real value people found out of pro player was the 3 boosters via draft a week for life. Giving a constructed tournament 1 time a week free, will not be near as popular.

Jugan
05-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Veto.

Gen91
05-22-2013, 05:17 AM
They should maybe find another way to give some cards to the other 250$ Tiers.

Like Guildmaster can give 2-4 boosters to rnd guild members each week,
DungeonCrawler gets 2-4 PvE Booster once a week for completing a dungeon or something like that,
RaidLeader something like DungeonCrawler only for his whole raid etc.

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Suggestion:

Tournament Organizer – $250 tier
1. Ability to organize your own tournament (you provide prize pool, you get cut for the entry tokens as you see fit, you can make it invitational or free for all, PvP cards only, or anything goes, etc. If the game engine permits, maybe even the ability to ‘ban’ or ‘restrict’ some cards from your own tournament.
2. Enter up to 5 constructed tournaments a week for free (special events and invitational tournaments are excluded). – this is roughly the same value as 1 free booster draft (7 dollars vs. 5 dollars, but higher chance of winning).
3. Participate in a special constructed tournament (similar to PRO, but not the same, this will not be limited, instead a constructed based on the first set).

GhundiPI
05-22-2013, 05:50 AM
They should maybe find another way to give some cards to the other 250$ Tiers.

Like Guildmaster can give 2-4 boosters to rnd guild members each week,
DungeonCrawler gets 2-4 PvE Booster once a week for completing a dungeon or something like that,
RaidLeader something like DungeonCrawler only for his whole raid etc.

As far as I know there are no PvE card boosters, all PvE cards come from the starter decks or by doing the PvE content. It would also be rather pointless for the Dungeon Crawler tier to exist if the Raid Leader would give everyone their bonus.

Personally I think the remaining $250 tiers are fine as they are. They all have an interesting bonus depending on what you are looking for. But my guess is that from those who have pledged, their interest is in the PvP side of the game. Anyone with a bit of MMO experience and a main interest in PvE will find something of interest in those tiers.

And it should not be a problem if those tiers do not sell out, or even a lot off. Besides, adding or adjusting tiers would also be misleading and possibly unfair to those who have pledged early, or to those to late for a specific tier (depending on what would be adjusted or added of course).

If CZE is really looking for a boost to their Kickstarter I think they should do it through add-ons, however much I dislike those though. That way they keep their Kickstarter as 'honest' as possible in my opinion.

TheWackyWombat
05-22-2013, 06:01 AM
Perhaps a new tier in the $150-$180 range that gives the same bonuses as King, but includes permanent VIP access.

One booster per week may not be as good as one draft per week, like the pro player, but not everyone is interested in drafting. Plus, it offers an advantage to casual players that only want to log in every few weeks.

If they wanted to push it up to the $250 tier, they could offer VIP and 2 packs a week, which isn't as good as the pro but wouldn't require drafting to get the cards.

Mavian
05-22-2013, 06:11 AM
To be honest, there's plenty of spread. They need to fill the big gaps between the higher tiers if they're going to add tiers. Like something between 500 and 1000 and something between 1000 and 2500. There's a lot of lower pledge options, but the big gaps between those pledge levels leaves GKs and even PPs no place to really upgrade as more info comes out. If they open up something there, people will upgrade to them, opening more GK slots and more PP slots, like we saw when people were upgrading to GK in the rush. And at those levels, it would indirectly buff the 1k+ tiers that, at least I think, have very lackluster value-based rewards.

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Wacky, the only reason pro gets free cards is BECAUSE it forces draft play. It's meant to get people to join matches, and keep PvP going online. That serves a purpose for them, of keeping a base of players drafting any time of day or night in the matchmaking. It also gets people on more often, just like the Lotus Garden requires that you log in every day to get that Spectral Lotus. The only reason they're giving bonuses like those are because they encourage activity. If a casual player logs in every 2 or 3 weeks, collects his boosters, plays a couple matches, and logs off for a couple more weeks, they're not being an active part of the community. Casual players are of course a great thing to have, but it's the fact "pro player" isn't casual that gives it a value to both the player and CZE.

katkillad
05-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Wacky, the only reason pro gets free cards is BECAUSE it forces draft play.

This is why I was suggesting a pro tier but instead of free drafts every week for life you get a free constructed tourney for life. Seems like there are enough people who like to do one or the other, or both.

Thanisse
05-22-2013, 06:18 AM
what I would suggest is "if you buy a 250 tier , get the bonuses for one other 250 tier free"
I would honestly prefer it if I could access the collector and dungeon crawler at 250 :)

obviously at 500 you had all 5 xD but that's a nonissue anymore.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 06:20 AM
I suggested this in another thread but the option I said they could do would be to release another "block" of pro player tiers or grand king tiers but increase the price from the orignal 250 or 500. Similar to the discounted King package as an early bird package, these could be something for late comers. Kinda a you came late and all the good stuff was gone but you can still get it, it'll just cost you more.

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 06:29 AM
That wouldn't work Thanisse, because you'd have people just stacking either GL + Pro or Collector + Pro, getting access to the filled tier. We'd have 4000 extra pro players instantly, which would be highly effective at selling out the $250 tiers. And if you allowed doubling up, then Pro + Pro's would run rampant.

Turtlewing
05-22-2013, 07:01 AM
I do like the idea of a Constructed version of pro player. However one constructed tournament entry per week might be a little light on value for a $250 tier.

You could probably go to 2 per week to even it out (assuming a $3.00 entry fee for constructed). Also they should change the invitational tournament for this tier to a constructed tournament (rather than the draft that's in Pro+).

They could also add an alternate Grand King that includes this new tier instead of the pro player tier.

maniza
05-22-2013, 07:08 AM
hmmm vip for life seems like a generous offer on top of all the other things the 250s get. might just move those tiers a lot more

Thanisse
05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
That wouldn't work Thanisse, because you'd have people just stacking either GL + Pro or Collector + Pro, getting access to the filled tier. We'd have 4000 extra pro players instantly, which would be highly effective at selling out the $250 tiers. And if you allowed doubling up, then Pro + Pro's would run rampant.

I meant the remaining 250 tiers ... no pro tier dipping :P
just hte crawler / collector/ guild guy and raid leader.