PDA

View Full Version : Any chance to get free draft in any other way

Zahmet
05-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Hello Hex Community,

I just more or less stumbled on hex and it looks very promising as I was looking over the tiers, I was thinking I'd go for knight as it looked good. Then I came down to the Pro Player and was just amazed at the "1-free draft a week" thing. So I really started to consider getting that for a game I just heard about even tho it cost some money.

I then thought I have to check how many are left and then I see all Pro Player, GK and DL are sold out and its still 16days left on the KS.

Can this be traded? Can we somehow buy it anyway? Could the HEX people open more slots for Pro Player, GK and DL?

Or am I stuck with I can't get my hands on that?

Thanks in advance.

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
You can't trade the perk, it's bound to the account. I doubt they're going to open more of them. Your best luck is to go to the KS page, hit manage pledge, scroll down to the PP tier, and hit F5 periodically, and hope for one to open. If it does, be fast on the draw to snag it. They pop open frequently enough still, and I expect the last few days of the KS to have a lot of people changing tiers. It takes patience and a lot of F5'ing, but you can get one if you really want it.

Kroan
05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Sometimes a Pro Player / Grand King decides to change it's tier. If that happens you can snipe one up. My guess is that end of the campaign is the best time now, since at that point some people might reconsider spending a certain amount and go down in their pledge. Otherwise you're out of luck.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
I assume you don't want to go up to producer or primal, so you'll have to either hope they will release another tier or add-ons (unlikely, though) or watch the KS page for someone to up/downgrade or drop out.

numtini
05-22-2013, 08:05 AM
I don't know how many will open now that GK is gone, but it took me less than two hours to snag one yesterday and I have seen Pro open at least once after GK sold out. I suspect you'll see a lot of people who don't have $250 (or don't have multiple times $250 as some people have more than one) releasing theirs in the last few days of the Kickstarter as well.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
I unfortunately don't see any opening up until the end of this when people make there final decisions, a number of pro players opened up over the past couple days because of people uping to the grand king, but now that it's sold out, people probably won't up to primal to often. There are a number of people who have multiple accounts pledging pro player and/or grand king, that might drop something closer to the end of the kickstarter though.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Since I've already snagged all the tiers I want, I will tell you the secret of getting them. Download chrome, search for the chrome extension auto refresh plus, set that up to refresh the page every 1 second, and go to settings, check the box that says alert if text found, pledge 250$ on any 250 tier (if you want pvp), then go to the manage pledge area click the auto refresh plus icon, and in the search bar type in 1 of 913 then click start. it will automatically refresh the page, then play a tone when that is found. click pvp, and click change pledge. Done.

if you want grand king, change your pledge amount to 500 and pick any option, save that, go back to manage pledge and put in 1 of 959 in the search instead.

Fleckenwhatever
05-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Since I've already snagged all the tiers I want, I will tell you the secret of getting them. Download chrome, search for the chrome extension auto refresh plus, set that up to refresh the page every 1 second, and go to settings, check the box that says alert if text found, pledge 250$ on any 250 tier (if you want pvp), then go to the manage pledge area click the auto refresh plus icon, and in the search bar type in 1 of 913 then click start. it will automatically refresh the page, then play a tone when that is found. click pvp, and click change pledge. Done.

if you want grand king, change your pledge amount to 500 and pick any option, save that, go back to manage pledge and put in 1 of 959 in the search instead.

The cut of your jib, I like it.

lord_simon3
05-22-2013, 08:53 AM
This is my dilemma as well. I came to the party late when the Pro tier was already gone. I don't feel comfortable spending $250 on the tier, but the long term benefits are enough to sway me. But now I feel like it's not worth even pledging unless I can get one or they open up another similar tier because we all know PvP CCG's are partially about who spends the most. I realize you can still have fun only spending $50 or whatever. But down the road 5-6 sets later and the power gap is going to increase exponentially unless you're constantly dumping money into each set, which I can't afford right now. The Pro tier is about the only way I would be able to stay competitive without spending a ton of money.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:58 AM
I took multiple pro tiers, when it comes right down to it one draft a week isn't going to keep you competitive without spending some amount of either plat or gold to get keep current with new sets. Heck I doubt even 4 drafts a week will keep me current without spending money. A tcg is just one of those things that takes money. The real benefits of the pro tier is that if you keep playing long enough, and actually use the draft the initial investment will pay for itself. But it won't stop you from dumping more money into the game if you want to PVP.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm with Gwaer, drafting any amount i don't think will keep you competitive, you're going to have to put money in to get the best cards of each set. what the free drafting does is pay back you're investment over time, and might cut down on the expense if you rare draft the cards that you need to make a certain deck when they show up.

My hope is that with all the bonus packs, I'll be good for set 1 without to much more money being spent, and the PVE will be enjoyable for when I don't have the money to spend on tier one cards.

CoolGrayAJ
05-22-2013, 09:24 AM
You might not be able to get the free draft for life perk for "cheap" anymore, but you can use the 150 packs you get from King ($120) and above to get 50 drafts for $50. I recently wrote about it here:

http://coolgraycorner.com/2013/05/22/so-you-backed-hex-but-are-new-to-tcgs/

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
They could sell this benefit as a KS add-on, which some campaigns have but this one does not currently. On its own in unlimited quantities it would probably cost around $200 for a free weekly draft seeing as it was a $130 upgrade to King with little extra benefit. They could sell these after the KS is over but its more likely to roll it into a subscription tier like VIP already has planned.

Or people could just save their cash up front and play drafts whenever they want with the money they saved.

Qorsair
05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
You might not be able to get the free draft for life perk for "cheap" anymore, but you can use the 150 packs you get from King ($120) and above to get 50 drafts for $50. I recently wrote about it here:

http://coolgraycorner.com/2013/05/22/so-you-backed-hex-but-are-new-to-tcgs/

That's a very good point, CG.
Essentially you could look at it as $170 for King Tier with no boosters and free drafts each week for a year.

Heck, maybe they should add a tier for that option since it's not a totally obvious strategy and could get a lot of people bumping their pledge.

CoolGrayAJ
05-22-2013, 10:45 AM
That's a very good point, CG.
Essentially you could look at it as $170 for King Tier with no boosters and free drafts each week for a year.

Heck, maybe they should add a tier for that option since it's not a totally obvious strategy and could get a lot of people bumping their pledge.

I couldn't agree more. As Deathfog suggested above, they can certainly boost pledges by offering add-ons.

MugenMusou
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM

It worked. Thank you and since its a such great suggestion I made its own thread with credit to you.