PDA

View Full Version : Now when was beta release again?

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 08:06 AM
OK, now I'm stretching a bit, but I'm trying to put 2 and 2 together here.

Quote from the Kickstarter update (the LATEST kickstarter update):

"This will be post-beta release where you'll be able to ask us questions and virtually hang out with your fellow big backers. "

He's talking about the Dragon Lord+ Gen Con bonus dinner. So I did some digging (Yeah, 2 min worth, but anyway)

Gen Con is 84 days away. Let's see...some simple math...

Beta release will happen before my birthday! (Aug 24)

Obviously no guarantees or inside information here, but here's for hoping!

jai151
05-22-2013, 08:14 AM
OK, now I'm stretching a bit, but I'm trying to put 2 and 2 together here.

Quote from the Kickstarter update (the LATEST kickstarter update):

"This will be post-beta release where you'll be able to ask us questions and virtually hang out with your fellow big backers. "

He's talking about the Dragon Lord+ Gen Con bonus dinner. So I did some digging (Yeah, 2 min worth, but anyway)

Gen Con is 84 days away. Let's see...some simple math...

Beta release will happen before my birthday! (Aug 24)

Obviously no guarantees or inside information here, but here's for hoping!

He was talking about a SECOND gathering after the beta launch. Sorry to burst your bubble =(

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
*facepalm* You know, I'm known for my reading abilities...I should know better.

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 08:18 AM

Agreed with Jai. Unfortunately he was talking about a post beta conference call party to discuss and provide input to the game

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 08:19 AM
No, the post-beta hang out will be in addition to the Gen Con bonus dinner.

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Awww.. :( I got really excited, too. Haha.

Showsni
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
On the other hand, if you go Media -> Press Kit -> Download Fact Sheet on the website, you'll find it says:

RELEASE DATE: Beta – Summer 2013
Full game – Fall 2013

Of course, that was probably an early estimate, since later statements have given the September Beta, 2014 Full Release date.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Summer 2013 goes til mid September.

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Summer 2013 goes til mid September.
That really depends on where you live. In this year summer fell on a Wednesday in Siberia for instance. :)
On the other hand I assume beta will be released 9th of September. I would obviously love if it would be released in August or even before that, but 9th of September is a great date to make in your calendar.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Not to sound like a snob, but Summer ends on the fall equinox. This year that happens to be Sept. 22.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 09:38 AM
To sound like a snob, Tyrfang, people perfor the term September Equinox since if you're in the southern hemisphere it would be spring.

Just kidding I'm in canada and it's always winter.