PDA

View Full Version : Crafting and food.

4acrossisemu
05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
I just want to see if there would be anyone like me who loved food crafting in wow/other.

I'd love to see a similar food from mobs cards crafting mechainc. PVE based i guess for buffing etc. I did notice the rooster/raptor has something like that on it (raptor noodles)

So is this a proper thing or was that card a one off idea?

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Crafting is used to break down extra cards you don't want and don't want to trade to craft new cards and equipment with it. Probably not going to be any food/buff type stuff.

4acrossisemu
05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
I think they'd be missing a trick with that. It's a nice economy loop and a bleed for crap cards of which PVE will throw at you. giving everything more value.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 08:21 AM
I like the food idea in PVE and Raids, i thought i saw a card that has equipment that if it dies a chicken apears that you click on to gain 3 life, i forget where i saw this but perhaps there could be a way to gain extra life against bosses in raids.

Edit: Mercenary Glorfenblort has a passive ability that when a creature dies you have three seconds to click on it to gain 2 life

ShaolinRaven
I think they'd be missing a trick with that. It's a nice economy loop and a bleed for crap cards of which PVE will throw at you. giving everything more value.

But crafting is already a bleed for the crap cards and equipment cause you can break them down to make new cards and equipment. Also if they make some pve cards only available through crafting then you get the same economy loop as well.

BossHoss
With the unlimited ceiling of being a digital game I wouldnt rule out anything of this sort in future set releases. CZE has been clear and quite well proven to take ideas from the fans and impliment them into their business model. If enough people like the idea then they would most certainly find a way to make it work

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Buy Primal and coordinate with CZE to make a food-themed dungeon. You can run the world's first burger deck.

4acrossisemu
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
With the unlimited ceiling of being a digital game I wouldnt rule out anything of this sort in future set releases. CZE has been clear and quite well proven to take ideas from the fans and impliment them into their business model. If enough people like the idea then they would most certainly find a way to make it work

Cool thats good to know. OK anyone that ever had a digital chief hat (you know who you are! ) UNTIE!

But crafting is already a bleed for the crap cards and equipment cause you can break them down to make new cards and equipment. Also if they make some pve cards only available through crafting then you get the same economy loop as well.

yeah but i was under the impression that was equipment only not creature cards.

4acrossisemu
05-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Buy Primal and coordinate with CZE to make a food-themed dungeon. You can run the world's first burger deck.

0.O but... i.... Hmmm.... bank card is here somewhere....

Turtlewing
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Crafting is used to break down extra cards you don't want and don't want to trade to craft new cards and equipment with it. Probably not going to be any food/buff type stuff.

Well Glorfenblort references a card called IIR "goblin frying pan" so there could be some food related cards.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Goblin cooking pot is an artifact card that has already been previewed, Turtlewing.
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/GoblinCookingPot_Gear_Web.png

Turtlewing
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Goblin cooking pot is an artifact card that has already been previewed, Turtlewing.
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/GoblinCookingPot_Gear_Web.png

Yep that's it. (i didn't feel like looking it up myself).

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 09:23 AM
And also fishing… :) this is not WoW, and crafting food makes little sense. I mean, you are a great leader of your people, a renowned and fearless Necrotic Warrior who became Warleader, and what you do in your spare time? You cook a tasty soup. Now seriously…

4acrossisemu
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
And also fishing… :) this is not WoW, and crafting food makes little sense. I mean, you are a great leader of your people, a renowned and fearless Necrotic Warrior who became Warleader, and what you do in your spare time? You cook a tasty soup. Now seriously…

Food make peferct sense! my spider hordes need to eat someone. errr i mean something... And i honestly think it fits reasonably well against the item crafting, why not? it's a nice expansion to the pve?

If the only thing that you think is bad about it is it's too wow then thats not a bad thing.... then it's pretty much in every MMO not just wow. Food buffs go way back into gaming history. HP ups from food is a status quo game mechanic.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Someone's never read www.royalroadl.com.

jai151
05-22-2013, 10:04 AM

Leaders gotta eat too =P

Now that you mention it though, fishing could be an interesting minigame. Hmm, well...

Make an all troop deck, the "fish" has an all troop deck and play War. Deck size 20 cards.

You flip your top card, opponent flips their top card. If the mana cost is less than or equal to the turn, the card hits the battlefield and all your creatures in play band together and fight all your opponents creatures in play. If either player pulls a card with a cost higher than the turn, it gets shuffled back into the deck and the other player's card (assuming it has a playable cost) just hits the table. All power and toughness is added together and you must kill ALL opponents cards to win the fight. If a fight is won, all troops on the table are shuffled into the winner's deck. If it's a stalemate, play continues. If it's a double kill, each player flips the next three cards and adds those to his total regardless of cost (repeating until stalemate or win). Play continues until one side has no more troops

So for example:

Turn one. I flip a 1 cost 1/1, my opponent flips a 5 cost 4/9. My 1/1 hits the table, the 4/9 gets shuffled into my opponent's deck.

Turn two. I flip a 2 cost 1/2, my opponent flips a 2 cost 2/2. Both hit the table, all troops fight. My combined 2/3 is better than 2/2, so I shuffle all cards into my deck.

Turn three. I flip a 2 cost 2/2, my opponent flips a two cost 2/2. We each flip our cards, I get a 3/3, a 4/2, and a 1/1. My opponent flips another 2/2, a 3/3, and the 4/9 from earlier! I have 10/8, he has 11/16. He wins! All cards in the battlefield get shuffled into his deck.