PDA

View Full Version : the hex grey market...

maniza
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
its goin to happen we know that if the game gets any popular there will be gold sellers and potentially card sellers. how do you people think this will afect the game with it beeing an online only experience. it may not be as bad because of the nature of this game but it could also be terrible.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't think the gold sellers are really going to be a problem, especially if you can buy gold with platinum because in that instance Crypto is their own gold seller. Card sellers are a standard in TCGs and you need to be able to buy singles both for collection reasons and for constructed decks. I'm not too worried about it, but we'll have to see down the road.

Willzyx
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM
MTGO has trade bots and, if anything, they simply make the online game more like the paper-based game. The bots act as places to get singles and sell dupes, much like brick-and-mortar trading card stores do for the physical game. It stabilizes the market around standard prices and makes the PVP game much easier to get into competitively.

No, the secondary market poses no risk to the game. What I'm more concerned about is PVE farmers and bots. But then, they're an issue in any MMO--and that's a different discussion altogether.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM
It's a tcg of course there will be card sellers, because of the pricing of the packs i doubt it will be to bad, but i do hope there will be a way to get money out of the game once you've put it in. Also i don't expect to see boting in PVE, multi-boxing most likely, but because of the tcg nature of the game and the amount of AI programing it takes to play a deck and respond to an opponents deck i feel like gold mining will be much less of an issue then in a normal MMO

Karnegal
05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Card sellers aren't an issue if the Ah is well designed and players can sell their own cards. The only concern is if the player base is small enough for a company or small cartel to fix prices on tournament staples, but if the player base its that small, we've got some problems anyway.

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Luckily because of the plat currency, a grey market would only need to be a plat to dollars exchange. MTGO has a lot of side market issues because tickets are used instead. I don't think it would do any serious harm, as what's going to happen is buying plat and trading on the AH with plat wouldn't be as risky. There would be some measure of return, so at any point in time a person would likely invest more heavily if there was a grey market. That could actually be a big boon for PvP'ers. The downside for some people is to expect that plat would be more commonly used on the AH.

maniza
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't think the gold sellers are really going to be a problem, especially if you can buy gold with platinum because in that instance Crypto is their own gold seller. Card sellers are a standard in TCGs and you need to be able to buy singles both for collection reasons and for constructed decks. I'm not too worried about it, but we'll have to see down the road.

guild wars 2 had a similar sistem and the have gold sellers only gold is sold cheaper than the price offered at the oficial shop

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Any bots or chinese getting into the game should be easily tracked by Crypto and taken out easily. Out of game websites doing platinum buying/selling will likely exist but there is significant risk dealing with 3rd parties as there is absolutely no guarantees if the transaction goes bad. Farming gold could be done in theory but its hard to say if there would be enough of a market to make it worthwhile given the dynamic nature of a random draw card game.

maniza
05-22-2013, 10:14 AM
i shure hope so in the mmorpg spectrum these things can break a game or at least ruin the game experience for alot of people. this type of game thou im not shure how much it would afect it but gold sellers always affect the overal game economy

Hexmage
05-22-2013, 10:19 AM
I only see a problem with this, if what they sell comes from hacked accounts. If its just their own stuff by all means go ahead and do whatever.

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Unless there is a real money auction house, the grey market will be integral to Hex's success. CZE wouldn't dare intervene.

Yasi
05-22-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm going to focus on PvE so none of this affect me in any ways. I just wanted to chime in, regardless.

cheese
05-23-2013, 02:57 AM
More on the PvE and gold trading, it shouldn't be too hard.

I remember an MMO did this, can't remember which as it was small, but they bought in-game currency via 3rd party sites, then tracked where the gold came from and removed trade functions from the accounts (and IP related accounts) that made the gold and that sold the gold.

I'm surprised companies like Blizzard don't do stuff like this for Diablo. $1,000 budget a month to a small team that makes 3rd party gold trades, in order to ban gold sellers and maintain the AH as the only source to buy gold.

djlowballer
05-23-2013, 04:13 AM
s for Diablo. $1,000 budget a month to a small team that makes 3rd party gold trades, in order to ban gold sellers and maintain the AH as the only source to buy gold.

1,000$ per month? Do you expect them to hire Chinese goldfarmers themselves to rat out other chinese gold farmers?