05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Tectonic break is weird. I like it!

syphonhail
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
"Begs the question..."

It never ends.

MatWith1T
05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Tectonic Break looks like a fun example of the kinds of mechanics a digital TCG can offer. Not sure if I would use it myself in a constructed deck, but fun...

jai151
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
"Begs the question..."

It never ends.

Someone used "que" instead of "queue" repeatedly in a post yesterday. I really wanted to rip his arms off and find some Mexican children to play pinata with his semi-limbless corpse.

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
I love how they revealed some cards that will be only dungeon npc cards and not available to the players.

I don't see myself using Tectonic Break cause I like swarm decks so that would be counter productive, but it is an interesting example of the cards using the digital space with percentages to destroy creatures.

KingBlackstone
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
I love how they revealed some cards that will be only dungeon npc cards and not available to the players.

I don't see myself using Tectonic Break cause I like swarm decks so that would be counter productive, but it is an interesting example of the cards using the digital space with percentages to destroy creatures.
I bet you love the whole Evolve and Battle Hoppers thing, huh? :D

CoolGrayAJ
05-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Dat sideboard against the inevitable weenie rush :)

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I bet you love the whole Evolve and Battle Hoppers thing, huh? :D

Yes, yes I do. I'm contemplating a Shin'hare Wild/Blood deck as one of my first decks. I can't help it I've loved swarm decks/concepts from both TCGs and Table Top Wargames.

jai151
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM

That moment when you wipe out 5 of 25 1/1 weenies... and your 9/9 monster (DAMN YOU RNG!!!!)

FireSummoner
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
That moment when you wipe out 5 of 25 1/1 weenies... and your 9/9 monster (DAMN YOU RNG!!!!)

Yep that will happen for me. I hope one of the achievements for the card is destroy all of your monsters and leaving your opponents untouched.

I have been a little disappointed with the last to articles. I don't think they really touched on anything that was new in my opinion.

caffn8d
05-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Tectonic Break's legendary equipment makes it effect even troops still in the deck. Whoa.

Yasi
05-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Reading up on all these articles make Hex seems like a really slow paced game.

FireSummoner
05-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Tectonic Break's legendary equipment makes it effect even troops still in the deck. Whoa.

O.O Didn't see the equipment... well that explains its cost... I don't know what to say.

Fireblast
05-22-2013, 11:35 AM

8 mana answer vs weenie when there's a 5 mana wrath of god :D

~

ShaolinRaven
05-22-2013, 11:36 AM

~

If you're playing Blood, yes. But if you have a Wild or a Wild/Saphire, Ruby, Diamond deck then Tectonic is your answer for a potential creature wipe vs Extinction.

Dratzl
05-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes, yes I do. I'm contemplating a Shin'hare Wild/Blood deck as one of my first decks. I can't help it I've loved swarm decks/concepts from both TCGs and Table Top Wargames.

Also love the concept of swarm decks - any possibility of a skaven-player here? :D

Fleckenwhatever
05-22-2013, 11:38 AM
"Begs the question..."

It never ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begs_the_question

CoolGrayAJ
05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Reading up on all these articles make Hex seems like a really slow paced game.

This guy would like a word with you :)
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/RampagingTar_Gear_Web.png

~

I'm keen on running both :)

syphonhail
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Someone used "que" instead of "queue" repeatedly in a post yesterday. I really wanted to rip his arms off and find some Mexican children to play pinata with his semi-limbless corpse.

I just finished grading a whole host of papers yesterday; seeing something like this in a published article does violence to my ability to read.

MugenMusou
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Such a nice card arts with each races have their own characters. Another thing I think perhaps only possible because its a big TCG company but the background story definitely seems well thoughtout and established.

Hibbert
05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
I just finished grading a whole host of papers yesterday; seeing something like this in a published article does violence to my ability to read.

Overly zealous grammarians literally make me froth at the mouth. Its like you can't just accept language is always evolving and certain rules get overturned by populist usage. I don't need no stinking prescriptive grammar rules! You just have to live with the fact alot of people are going to right like this. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an ATM machine I need to get to.

;)

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TTPQCPA6I/AAAAAAAACwA/ZHZH-Bi8OmI/s400/ALOT2.png

syphonhail
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Overly zealous grammarians literally make me froth at the mouth. Its like you can't just accept language is always evolving and certain rules get overturned by populist usage. I don't need no stinking prescriptive grammar rules! You just have to live with the fact alot of people are going to right like this. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an ATM machine I need to get to.

;)

Performance art; the post was painful but understood for its intent.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I think you really missed out there syphonhail, should have corrected the quote then replied with the exact same reply.