PDA

View Full Version : 1.16 mil goal

droth25
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Is it just me, or does that goal see a bit lame?

Merir
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
It's not my personal favourite, since the intro sequence will be something I'll watch once and never again. I don't feel it will significantly add to my experience with Hex, and would not have been willing to up my pledge to help reach that stretch goal.

Willzyx
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
It's not "for us" as kickstarters. It's to make the game seem more polished and attractive to new users, which will help encourage a growing player base.

And that's good for everybody.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
It's once again for new players, that just join on a whim, capturing those players to add to the player base is more important to the health of the game at this point. Backer numbers are the biggest concern, not money.

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
The intro is needed for any AAA game title (like this one). Not only to capture people, but to look professional and polished.
Aethynia is quite nice. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the dinner with Cory, but I think that is a great gesture. If you believe in game so much, you are willing to spend a grand or more on it, then by all means, you should meet the great minds behind it.

So what's not to like? Maybe they could have added a flying pony that looks like Fluttershy (while making sure not to violate any copyrights/trademarks), but other than that I think that goal is fine as it is. (Not to mention reached. :) )

For those not into MLP, here is what I mean:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/185/d/3/fluttershy_2_by_xpesifeindx-d55zoag.png

schild
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
So what's not to like? Maybe they could have added a flying pony that looks like Fluttershy (while making sure not to violate any copyrights/trademarks), but other than that I think that goal is fine as it is. (Not to mention reached. :) )

For those not into MLP, here is what I mean:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/185/d/3/fluttershy_2_by_xpesifeindx-d55zoag.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39720/animated%20gifs/1XJWewt.gif

Brofellos
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Twist: the legendary stretch goal is simply a policy in which they insta-ban anyone who mentions MLP.

schild
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Twist: the legendary stretch goal is simply a policy in which they insta-ban anyone who mentions MLP.

like dis if u cry evertim

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Well we could mention it by saying: “you know what”… Preferably on Pinkie Pie's voice. :)

Kenshin
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
And here I thought this would be a MLP-free community/forum...le sigh

brynsul
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
SIDETRACK: I am not into MLP but I dont get why people hate on it? Is that just the cool thing to do? Feels too much like pantsing disabled kids.... it might make people laugh, but it always makes you look like an ass.

Vibraxus
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
No idea what MLP is, and I think I am going to happily keep it that way.

Daer
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Comparing bronies to disabled kids is an apt comparison.

Ditsch
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
It did even feel that the 3 uncommon stretch goals were the lamest (aka the last 3) , i mean reward wise , only keep defense sounds was okay.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
The intro is needed for any AAA game title (like this one).

Not sure I'd call this a AAA game title. Hard to be Big Budget when you have to do a KS to fund the game.

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Kickstarter has a LOT of purposes beyond raising funds, but 2 of them that come immediately to mind:

1. Generate hype and advertising. Get paid to advertise your product? Heck yeah! More people will be standing in line on release day, meaning more $ for you.

2. Market analysis. If I release a game like THIS, how many people would be interested? What would they be interested in? What perks would they prefer? In this regard it's easy to see how successful Hex has been here. Guild Master tier? meh. Pro Player? Sign me up as much as I can! They can adjust their marketing accordingly...and get paid to do so.

So Big Budget doesn't preclude the use of Kickstarter. It's a tool in the bag that Cryptozoic thought would fit their needs, whatever they are. Crypto puts out a whole pile of top of the line games, and Hex will be no exception.

Karnegal
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM

We can only dream

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
kicktraq has todays totals pretty underwhelming so far =( http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/#chart-daily

jai151
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
kicktraq has todays totals pretty underwhelming so far =( http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/#chart-daily

It is ALWAYS like that before the update.

Yesterday was dead for most of the day, and it broke the record.

ForgedSol
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Nothing wrong with MLP. I've seen an episode, it's a very well written, acted, and produced cartoon for what it's meant to be. Honestly, I was hoping the internet was past the "le" phase.

As for the kickstarter. It's amazing it's done as well as it did. It typically should have slowed down long ago.

Boojum
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah. With the most popular tiers sold out, and no new stretch goal, a dropoff is expected. Hopefully the legendary goal lives up to its suspense and restarts the momentum.

Kenshin
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM
1 free draft per week for a year (for the remaining $250 tiers) and some Set 2 packs seem good to me, might get the job done.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM

It's because there's no GK/PP to carry use. We have to count on the crap $250 tiers to be the workhorse. Luckily they were at least buffed if we hit 1.5m

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Kickstarter has a LOT of purposes beyond raising funds, but 2 of them that come immediately to mind:

1. Generate hype and advertising. Get paid to advertise your product? Heck yeah! More people will be standing in line on release day, meaning more $ for you.

2. Market analysis. If I release a game like THIS, how many people would be interested? What would they be interested in? What perks would they prefer? In this regard it's easy to see how successful Hex has been here. Guild Master tier? meh. Pro Player? Sign me up as much as I can! They can adjust their marketing accordingly...and get paid to do so.

So Big Budget doesn't preclude the use of Kickstarter. It's a tool in the bag that Cryptozoic thought would fit their needs, whatever they are. Crypto puts out a whole pile of top of the line games, and Hex will be no exception.

I'm not debating whether or not it'll be a top notch game. Just saying it's not AAA. Cory said himself the game wouldn't come to fruition without KS support. I don't think AAA (Big Budget) games have that problem.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm not debating whether or not it'll be a top notch game. Just saying it's not AAA. Cory said himself the game wouldn't come to fruition without KS support. I don't think AAA (Big Budget) games have that problem.

I got the impression it was more that if there isn't enough support to earn 300,000 the player base was not there to continue developing the game in its current incarnation.

Garod
05-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Honestly think the last tier is very underwhelming...
Also if you are going to give 1 year of the pro tier to all the others how about giving the pro tier 1 year of one of the other tiers.. I mean seriously come on...

Twztyd
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM

IMO the world would be a better place if everything was crowd funded rather than "producers" sticking their fingers in the creative process simply because they funded it. There would be less business that fall flat on their face for creating something that no one really wants. I agree with your points.