PDA

View Full Version : Using the same card in multiple decks.

cboyd_1976
05-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. If I own a card, can I use that card in multiple decks w/out having to remove it from one deck and then re-add it to another. For example, perhaps I have my "Super Nuke Deck" and my "Big Fatty" deck and I own four copies of "Troll Captain". If I want to include 4 Troll Captains in both decks, will the game let me add 4 into each deck or will I have to remove them from one deck and add them into the other if I plan to switch between decks while playing? I've run into this issue with another digital TCG/CCG I'm playing and it only seems logical that if you own a card you can build it into any deck w/out having to swap it out like it's a physical card.

Thanks!

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
You could have unlimited decks with the same card in it

RECHiD
05-22-2013, 12:21 PM
I would think so. That's how MtG online works. It's easy to implement, and there's no reason not to.

Boojum
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Not allowing this is one of the really dumb decisions that kept me from actually putting money into Duel of Champions. I have to assume that CZE is smart enough to allow it.

Kenshin
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
In most online card games, you have a card pool you draw cards from and put in your decks. When selecting a new deck, the card pool is "reset", meaning it shows all the copies of each card you have once again. So it doesn't really matter if you have X card in one deck, you can still put it in another deck as well.

Lochar
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd expect for the Keep Defense you might have to use limited cards if you're able to set multiple decks up for defending. It'd be no fair to set up the same PVP win deck three or four times unless you had that many cards for it.

WSzaboPeter
05-22-2013, 12:30 PM
That's the only logical thing to do. Unfortunately there are TCGs that will not allow you to use the same playset in two different decks unless you remove them first. But I do hope, this will not be the case for HEX.

Voices
05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
To not have that feature is simply just silly. Ubisoft's greedy approach in Duel of Champions is not reasonable. Much like Boojum above, it is one of the reasons why I haven't put any money into that game.

Turtlewing
05-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd expect for the Keep Defense you might have to use limited cards if you're able to set multiple decks up for defending. It'd be no fair to set up the same PVP win deck three or four times unless you had that many cards for it.

Well, PvP cards are likely to be less powerful than PvE, but more importantly that would be a loosing strategy for the defender as if the attacker can beat the deck once they can beat it again.

When defending you will want a variety of decks because that means your attacker has to design around a variety of threats in order to raid your keep.

Vibraxus
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Well, PvP cards are likely to be less powerful than PvE, but more importantly that would be a loosing strategy for the defender as if the attacker can beat the deck once they can beat it again.

When defending you will want a variety of decks because that means your attacker has to design around a variety of threats in order to raid your keep.

Level 20 9 tailed monkey merc, followed up by a level 20 cardbord tube merc running my uber PvE decks to thwart would be attackers...Oh yeah good times baby.

KaosRebel666
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Challenge accepted! Mushtachioed Gang to the rescue!

Lochar
05-22-2013, 03:13 PM

They've said they're trying to have PvE and PvP cards of roughly the same power. But if you're using the top Constructed decks that have won tournaments, you may not need to build separate decks. You just have to hope the AI gets a decent draw.