PDA

View Full Version : anyone else glad the upgraded from pro-player?

jasta85
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, that last bonus to the other $250 tiers is pretty huge, getting a year of free drafts per week. pro-player was definitely the best $250 tier but I think this changed things a bit. basically pro-players will have to play this game for over a year before they start seeing benefits from their tier over other $250 tier players.

On the other hand as a grand king, that just means for the next year there will be a lot more draft players and therefore more opportunity to play so I'm personally not complaining. Just glad I upgraded from pro-player last week

definitely not complaining about the extra 15 set 2 packs as well, that makes 65 now :). Hurry up september

Daer
05-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Pro Player drafts still stack though.

caffn8d
05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Pro players also get a special tournament. Obviously the weekly drafts were a bigger draw, but it is an exclusive tier benefit.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow, that last bonus to the other $250 tiers is pretty huge, getting a year of free drafts per week. pro-player was definitely the best $250 tier but I think this changed things a bit. basically pro-players will have to play this game for over a year before they start seeing benefits from their tier over other $250 tier players.

On the other hand as a grand king, that just means for the next year there will be a lot more draft players and therefore more opportunity to play so I'm personally not complaining. Just glad I upgraded from pro-player last week

definitely not complaining about the extra 15 set 2 packs as well, that makes 65 now :). Hurry up september

You don't get extra for GK, Directly from the Update:

"We'll add a bonus 1 free draft per week (for 1 year) to The Collector, The Raid Leader, The Dungeon Crawler, and The Guild Master. Note that these do not stack with the other free draft-per-week rewards. So, if your account does not have a "free draft-per-week" bonus to it (excluding the 3 free from the Kickstarter 600K stretch reward), then you will receive the 1 free draft per week for 1 year. "

GK already has a free draft from PP tier so you're not getting anything extra. Only the other $250 tiers will be buffed at 1.5mil

karmacappa
05-22-2013, 01:40 PM
When he says extra in the GK tier, he is talking about the +15 set 2 packs (which stacks on top of the 50 packs for GK and above that was announced previously).
As far drafting and GK tier, he sees the benefit as more people getting free drafts, not necessarily that he gets additional free drafts. Since a draft can't start until 8 people buy in, he is expecting it to happen more often.

Merir
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm on the fence about swapping my PP for a Dungeon Crawler. It feels quite.. devalued now. I know that over the long term PP will still have the best value out of the 250$ tiers, but I have no way of knowing how long I'm going to be playing this game (though I hope for years to come).

Erebus
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Well PP was always overvalued, so I'm not that upset about this changes.

It allows people who wanted other bonus but couldn't afford GK to switch over to one of the other tier, and thus it also allows those people who want to stack draft rewards to pick up Pro Players to do so.

It's too bad they couldn't find another way to incentive those tiers. However if you aren't certain about your longevity in the game, I suggest switching. :) In the long run opening a Pro Tier spot will make more money for the project, and that's what this is about right? Funding the project, not necessarily the goodies you get?

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm on the fence about swapping my PP for a Dungeon Crawler. It feels quite.. devalued now. I know that over the long term PP will still have the best value out of the 250$ tiers, but I have no way of knowing how long I'm going to be playing this game (though I hope for years to come).

This is me exactly. If I play say 6 months. I would have been a lot better off with another 250$ tier. If I play 18 months, I'd be better off with Pro. There is no way of knowing which I will do and that is seriously bothering me lol

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:47 PM
IMO 2xPP is still superior, but I could care less about PvE so the other $250 tiers hold no value to me.

So 2xPP gives me the equivalent of 104 Boosters of EVERY Set, for life. Where as GK will be getting only 52 boosters of each set after set 2. Really, the Value of PP cannot be matched for a Non-PvE player.

Ditsch
05-22-2013, 01:52 PM
i am even thinking of not funding the project at all, all my friends did quit except one, all them said that's shady buisness ethics they are showing here with those last stretch goals , they are the same tier value but pro tier got excluded out of the stretch goal, same with gk and higher those tiers should get the stretch goal to with the 1 year once a week a free draft. :(

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:52 PM

This is me exactly. If I play say 6 months. I would have been a lot better off with another 250$ tier. If I play 18 months, I'd be better off with Pro. There is no way of knowing which I will do and that is seriously bothering me lol

If you guys only plan on playing a year I'd advise going for a much lower tier. $250 is way to much to spend on a game you don't even plan on playing for a while.

That being said, if your stuck on $250, remember your PP Account will be worth much more than a Dungeon Crawler account when you sell.

dogmod
05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
IMO 2xPP is still superior, but I could care less about PvE so the other $250 tiers hold no value to me.

So 2xPP gives me the equivalent of 104 Boosters of EVERY Set, for life. Where as GK will be getting only 52 boosters of each set after set 2. Really, the Value of PP cannot be matched for a Non-PvE player.

And that is only if you lose every single one of your matches... you should expect to win a few to gain more boosters... and after that you can sell cards to gain more boosters/buy ins.. etc etc... pro still has amazing value..

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm 4xPP currently, but I'm going to switch to Grand king 2xPP or possibly just GK +1 PP I actually am very interested in the pve aspect, and don't want to miss out on all those other bonuses.

*Edit or maybe 1gk 1 collector 1 pp...

TheMuffMuff
05-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I really think the 250$ Tiers are more than balanced and fair now for everyone!

Pro was just tooo gud (compared with the other) so pls dont start to cry :')

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:54 PM
i am even thinking of not funding the project at all, all my friends did quit except one, all them said that's shady buisness ethics they are showing here with those last stretch goals , they are the same tier value but pro tier got excluded out of the stretch goal, same with gk and higher those tiers should get the stretch goal to with the 1 year once a week a free draft. :(

Your friends were PP and they're crying because the other tiers were balanced somewhat to be the same level as PP? I'm 2x PP and I can assure you that PP did not need a buff.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm 4xPP currently, but I'm going to switch to Grand king 2xPP or possibly just GK +1 PP I actually am very interested in the pve aspect, and don't want to miss out on all those other bonuses.

*Edit or maybe 1gk 1 collector 1 pp...

Hehe, you assume someone from GK is going to give up their spot :P

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I know someone will, people are giving them up constantly.

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 01:57 PM

Cue the reply bashing now....

Merir
05-22-2013, 01:57 PM
If you guys only plan on playing a year I'd advise going for a much lower tier. $250 is way to much to spend on a game you don't even plan on playing for a while.

That being said, if your stuck on $250, remember your PP Account will be worth much more than a Dungeon Crawler account when you sell.

It's not that I plan on playing for less than a year, it's just.. you never know, right? While the game sounds amazing so far, it's impossible to say until you've played the finished (finished, as in non-beta) product for a while.

karmacappa
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM

There are no shady ethics here. Pro Player value is in no way diminished. You will only have a larger group to play with due to this change. Everyone pretty much acknowledged that the Pro Player tier needed nothing, but the other $250 tiers needed something more.
Seriously, it's an ok change, don't measure your own satisfaction by how much more you get than everyone else. It isn't healthy.

MasterPlan
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Really, that is just priceless. Thank you sir troll you made my morning. Just look at the numbers of Pro tier bought compared to anyone else. Now cry about value.

Seriously. :)

Fireblast
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM

To sum up, you've backed the overpowered tiers which are now sold out.
Folks at CZE are trying to fund the tablet dev and make other people happy so you're quitting.

Good riddance

~

BossHoss
05-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Well I just got an idea for my custom card design:

Ditsch, the Troll king

When this troll comes into play if ALL your troops were not boosted this turn you must quit the game

Gorgol
05-22-2013, 02:05 PM

This is good news for people who actually CARE ABOUT THE GAME ITSELF, and are not self-centered entitled brats. Maybe now people who actually want to see this game succeed can pick up your spot(s).

caffn8d
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Pro Tier has exactly the same value as it always has. All the stretch goal did was make the other $250 tiers better than they used to be. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though, and if you feel it this was somehow underhanded I completely understand wanting to back out. Myself, I was just excited to see the tablet support officially put on the table along with some additional Set 2 packs for everyone. :)

TheMuffMuff
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Ditsch, the Troll king

When this troll comes into play if ALL your troops were not boosted this turn you must quit the game

:D :D great!

apply @ crypto as an artist

Vibraxus
05-22-2013, 02:12 PM

Ditsch, the Troll king

HAHAHAHA Please do it! That would be the top selling card in the AH for sure.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 02:12 PM

it takes 9 months to break even on a 250$ investment in the game (while getting all the other stuff that comes with it) due to free drafts. It is in no way a bad move to pay 250$ unless you quit very early into the game. Also, a lot of games I've quit, I end up playing at least some later on to freshen things up since I already own the game. So really the only reason not to buy a 250$ tier is if you know you want play very long at all or can't afford it.

Merir
05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Pro Tier has exactly the same value as it always has. All the stretch goal did was make the other $250 tiers better than they used to be. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though, and if you feel it this was somehow underhanded I completely understand wanting to back out. Myself, I was just excited to see the tablet support officially put on the table along with some additional Set 2 packs for everyone. :)

But it's not just about the value of the tiers. It's about their relative value, that's why PP sold out so fast - relative to any other tier (except maybe GK, which sold out second) it was clearly the most valuable tier. Now, though, for 12 months, PP has the lowest value relative to all the other 250$ tiers. That's why I'm considering swapping to Dungeon Crawler.

Yes, I want the most bang for my buck. I'm selfish. I'm human.

Talreth
05-22-2013, 02:26 PM
But it's not just about the value of the tiers. It's about their relative value, that's why PP sold out so fast - relative to any other tier (except maybe GK, which sold out second) it was clearly the most valuable tier. Now, though, for 12 months, PP has the lowest value relative to all the other 250$ tiers. That's why I'm considering swapping to Dungeon Crawler.

Can you tell me when you do so I can consider going 3x PP? ;D

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Can you tell me when you do so I can consider going 3x PP? ;D

This :)

caffn8d
05-22-2013, 02:37 PM

I understand completely. I guess I take the long view and PP still has the most relative value of the $250 tiers in the long run. Obviously people should do what they feel is best for them though. I realize everyone has a different frame of reference given what they value about each tier.

Sci3nce
05-22-2013, 02:44 PM

If you see value in PvE then go for it. I personally don't see the need to buff my 1 player experience. I'd rather buff my experience against other players.

Lochar
05-22-2013, 02:45 PM

Pro and GK do have the same value they had prior to the Legendary goal. However, for those players the Legendary goal feels... Common. "Here, here's a few boosters. Enjoy!"

Their problem is they feel like they didn't get the same reward out of pulling the Legendary out of the pack. Then again, not every Legendary can be integrated into a deck. ;)

And I'm saying this as a GK backer myself. Yes, I feel jipped over not getting a special bonus at the 500 level. But such is life.

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
I am really surprised at the small community of people complaining about no upgrade to the Pro-player tier from the 1.5M stretch goal....
Are they just wanting more, or think the Pro-player tier is now undervalued?

I hope these players really feel this way and drop the pro-player tier, because I will gladly take it from them. Do a little math before you start feeling like you got the short-end...

Lochar
05-22-2013, 02:56 PM
I am really surprised at the small community of people complaining about no upgrade to the Pro-player tier from the 1.5M stretch goal....
Are they just wanting more, or think the Pro-player tier is now undervalued?

I hope these players really feel this way and drop the pro-player tier, because I will gladly take it from them. Do a little math before you start feeling like you got the short-end...

As I said, they just feel they got slighted on what was supposed to be the biggest reveal. Not that they exactly want more, they just wanted to have something special of their own.

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 03:00 PM
As I said, they just feel they got slighted on what was supposed to be the biggest reveal. Not that they exactly want more, they just wanted to have something special of their own.

Not buying this in any way, shape or form. The minimum of 156 free packs per year, which is close to 52 packs per set until the game goes poof. The 1.5M tier does give them something special. More people interested in HEX. The longer it is around, the more passive value their pledge provides.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Not buying this in any way, shape or form. The minimum of 156 free packs per year, which is close to 52 packs per set until the game goes poof. The 1.5M tier does give them something special. More people interested in HEX. The longer it is around, the more passive value their pledge provides.

This assumes that the new pledges increase the amount of players that are interested in the game compared to the old tiers, which isn't necessarily true.

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 03:03 PM
At some point it needs to be true, or it will be challenging to hit 1.5M with the current backer count.

Just to attempt it though: What can I do to persuade several pro player backers to drop? :P Please drop.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 03:05 PM
At some point it needs to be true, or it will be challenging to hit 1.5M with the current backer count.

Just to attempt it though: What can I do to dissuade several pro player backers to drop? :P Please drop.

Dissuade? Or Persuade?

...Trade off your league account?

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
haha. that may be tempting. I do have many Gragas skins.
Thanks also - My double-negative sentences.. wtf?

Ebynfel
05-22-2013, 03:14 PM
PP didn't lose value, and it's still the most valuable of the 250 tiers, because it's a lifetime reward. 9 months of a free weekly draft meets the 250 being paid. Now all of the 250 tiers have definitive value. It's a good thing if we want to see the other 250 tiers sell. Wish I coulda gotten like, 10 tourney buyins with my own packs waived or something, just so I could take week 1 and draft like a madman before having to load platinum. Or a T-shirt/hat.

**Edit** I mean this for everyone at say, knight and above or something. I'd have liked to see either a few plat tourney fees themselves(just the fees covered), or a hat/t-shirt. I like swag and entry-free tournies:)

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Nah, physical goods cost way more time/money/logistics than digital goods. Some more KS exclusives would have been nice.

Truhls
05-22-2013, 03:23 PM
haha. that may be tempting. I do have many Gragas skins.
Thanks also - My double-negative sentences.. wtf?

If youre the real nico, i played with you in league a few times lol.

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
If youre the real nico, i played with you in league a few times lol.

If someone is trying to be me, I feel sorry for them :P.
Yes I've played with you, and I think at one time I had you and Tyrfang on my friendslist. It's been awhile. Still ARAM a lot, but not as hardcore as I once was.

On topic though, I did see a Grand King slot open up, but was too slow to grab it.

hacky
05-22-2013, 03:37 PM
You're late to the party, nicosharp. Hope you can get a PP/GK! :)

Facilier
05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
I have to say this is rather disappointing to Pro Tier (except that portion of the players who are stacking it).

I know this will sound somewhat entitled and greedy, but it feels a bit like Pro Player has been dumped, now that they got what they wanted from those donors, and their uniqueness given away to the other tiers.

The rewards of the $250 tiers are either even, or they are not. For a lot of them the relative value isn't clear yet.

- How difficult will raids be? Will there be some raids which could be near-impossible without the bonus cards?

- How quickly will we get experience? Can we level a character in a week, or could levelling a character take a long long time, making the +10% experience more valuable?

- How hard will it be to get equipment? Will we get a drop from most bosses, but might not get the right one, or do bosses mostly drop something else and it's rare to get *any* equipment?

None of this is known to us at the moment, so it's possible that the other bonuses may be comparable to the Pro Player. However with this move Crypto seem to be acknowledging that the other tiers are weaker, but will only fix them if they get $1.5 million. That's kinda weak...

Why not make the under-appreciated tiers at being better at what they are supposed to do?

Raid Leader and Guild Master should be the same tier. People get into guilds to play together, not just to fund people to be in your guild chat and go off to do their own thing.

Dungeon Crawler should have a (small) chance to get PvP cards from dungeons - give them such mastery over dungeons that they can basically find *anything* in there - lures them to try PvP, or just lets them sell their spoils to people who want their treasure.

Collector - here we can take advantage of the digital nature of the game. Collectors like 2 things - getting rare things and completing sets. They are already getting rare things in the alternate arts, but why not give them a bonus like: they get a 4th (effectively virtual, non-sellable) card available for deck building if they own at least 3 copies of a card in their collection.

As is, if the Kickstarter makes it to 1.5mil, Pro Player becomes the absolute worst $250 tier for a year (and will this be a year from release, or from when we get Beta invites?), and will then gradually catch up to the others, *if* we can assume that the other bonuses are worth less. If the Kickstarter doesn't get to 1.5mil (shouldn't happen, but just for illustration), it seems likely that the other $250 tiers will get dumped off on the last day or two, as their value is now conditional.

I don't like the statement this is making, either to Pro Players, or any of the other $250 tiers frankly.

Ebynfel
05-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I guy can want a 250 dollar t shirt, no?

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Quoted from a different thread:
Easiest thing they could have done without making anyone (of the large pledge tiers) angry: All $250+ tiers get an additional $250 tier bonus of their choice.

Grand Kings get this benefit twice.
DKs+ get it four times.

Give the lower tiers X free drafts, where X = $Pledge / 10.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 03:40 PM
I guy can want a 250 dollar t shirt, no?

I'm just saying it costs them more to deliver the t-shirt. Maybe as a promo item during conventions, or as an item for purchase separately.

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't believe the conversations here... and am extremely miffed coming from the other side of the table...
However, I'd probably pull the same gimme gimme crap if I already was locked in the PP/GK tier.

All kickstarter backing is about perceived value.

What is up Hacky?! Yeah, super late to the party, I haven't been following crypto at all, and randomly found out about this kickstart from a youtube video.

Tyrfang
05-22-2013, 03:53 PM
I can't believe the conversations here... and am extremely miffed coming from the other side of the table...
However, I'd probably pull the same gimme gimme crap if I already was locked in the PP/GK tier.

All kickstarter backing is about perceived value.

What is up Hacky?! Yeah, super late to the party, I haven't been following crypto at all, and randomly found out about this kickstart from a youtube video.

Well, worse case scenario is people back at one of the other $250s, it hits 1.5m, and then enough people back out at the last second so it drops to 1.49m, and the project never reaches the stretch goal and you don't receive your bonus.

LNQ
05-22-2013, 03:56 PM
The thing is, even if I would only play for 6 months and quit, the free drafts per week mean I can either a) come back to the game whenever I like and get boosters to the latest sets without spending a dime, or b) be almost guaranteed to be able to sell my account for profit unless HEX fails as a game (which seems very unlikely considering the talent behind it).

LNQ
05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Plus, I enjoy supporting games on Kickstarter, so even though these are the most reward-heavy pledges I still do feel like I'm supporting a game that is in development and not just being greedy.

Joolz
05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
I pledged PP and have been happy with my my choice the whole time. I don't understand people complaining that they've somehow been slighted, if you think those other $250 tiers are so much better now then by all means switch! Or go completely overboard like the guy who threatened to quit...a game that hasn't even gotten to beta yet.

stiii
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
All these people complaining are very strange. If you though drafts for life isn't much better than drafts for a year then how could you justify paying $250+ in the first place?

Malicus
05-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I am gk + pro and am happy with the last stretch goal since mobile will allow me to play at work during downtime. While I disagree with people arguing that pro is devalued I do understand heir argument and feel crypto did misstep a little psychologically by going to a year as opposed to say 6 months since many see that year as a long time and potentially the time they will play for, but a monetary value bost was needed for tiers deemed to be worth less money since intangibles require more faith.

Grissnap
05-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Curse you mobile support, you might force me to buy a tablet!

Anyway, being in Japan I get to wake up every morning to the latest KS update. In my morning fog I thought the boost to other tiers was for life instead of one year. Before I figured it out while reading the thread, I flirted with the idea of going for dungeon crawler. Good thing I figured this out. I personally think its great that the other tiers will be able to draft. It's such a great format!

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm at gk and this last stretch was a bit disappointing. Yes I'm looking forward to mobile, but they were planning to do that anyways this just allows them to do it faster. And yes I agree with all the PP backers that they got left out with this last one one as did gk and up. While I know PP is still the best value it would have been nice for them to get something, an extra primal pack would have been great for the GK tier since we have donated collectively half a million to this.

ForgedSol
05-22-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm at gk and this last stretch was a bit disappointing. Yes I'm looking forward to mobile, but they were planning to do that anyways this just allows them to do it faster. And yes I agree with all the PP backers that they got left out with this last one one as did gk and up. While I know PP is still the best value it would have been nice for them to get something, an extra primal pack would have been great for the GK tier since we have donated collectively half a million to this.

You don't consider 15 packs equal to a primal pack? Or are you saying another primal pack on top of the extra 15 packs we're getting?

Lochar
05-22-2013, 05:41 PM
I think his point was that everyone at the 250+ level is getting the 15 packs, but GK isn't getting anything else special.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 05:42 PM
You don't consider 15 packs equal to a primal pack? Or are you saying another primal pack on top of the extra 15 packs we're getting?

I meant something over the $250 tiers that will be getting +1 draft per week for a year and the 15 packs, I just like feeling special. Maybe a primal pack is a bit much.

Lochar
05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I joked over on the kickstarter that since the packs aren't part of the weekly draft 'doesn't stack' then GK should get 15 packs for each of the 250's and the king, since that's what the GK bonus says. ;)

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I joked over on the kickstarter that since the packs aren't part of the weekly draft 'doesn't stack' then GK should get 15 packs for each of the 250's and the king, since that's what the GK bonus says. ;)

So should it get extra primals too since the 250's each get a primals from a previous stretch? cause that would be awesome lol

Jugan
05-22-2013, 05:57 PM

False. This is only true if you completely ignore the buffs from all the other tiers. Dungeon crawler is insane now, because not only does it pay for itself in free drafts, but you get +100% loot drops forever.

MrCwis
05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
False. This is only true if you completely ignore the buffs from all the other tiers. Dungeon crawler is insane now, because not only does it pay for itself in free drafts, but you get +100% loot drops forever.

ya but we don't know what the loot is worth

nicosharp
05-22-2013, 06:02 PM
well, it cost me an extra $250, but I locked in a GK. GG no re.
Very happy, I hope it goes a long way.

Genosaurer
05-22-2013, 06:12 PM

Can I make 7$ a week from those dungeon drops? How much work and time is involved if I can make that 7$? We don't know. It may take 5 days of playing and haggling to get that 7$. If I slack off then I won't get 7$. Meanwhile, with the draft, I just sign up and get my boosters and done. That is a lot less work and time commitment.