PDA

View Full Version : Can we have some official answers please? bump and help me to get some answers!

BohemianStalker
05-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi 2xpro backer here,

There are many topics around here requiering official answers, for instance:

Can we have multiple accounts?(not merged but mutliple)
Will there be real money tournaments and if so, when?
When can we see beta, now you have so much money availible, it should speed the process?
Will there be RMAH at some point?
Can we sell our currencies out of game?
What kind of tablets can we use? (kindle fire)?

these are just few..and while I appreaciate people answering these I, and others desperately need official answers - I want honest and transparent company , thats it..not some corporation TOS afterwards. I am really starting to have doubts about my pledge. If you are starting to have doubts too or simply want official answer please bump this topic with your question and ill update post to include it. If I cant get answers here Ill propably email them with link on this topic..and if even then I dont get answers...hmm I dont know..I love this game but I really want to know some details.

Can you please answer your present and future customer?

Digital_Aether
05-22-2013, 03:27 PM
They HAVE said official answers for most of these. Most of them are "we'd like to, but we don't know for sure yet".

1. I don't know this one
2. They want to have them, but they're still working on the logistics, so they don't have an answer for us yet.
3. September. Money doesn't directly relate to speed because of organizational reasons. If they have to hire people, that's like 3 months right there before they're up to speed and working, so they aren't gong to be getting the beta out faster.
4. They would like to, but may not be able to because of legal complications (gambling laws, could block it in many states / countries), they don't know yet if they can swing it.
5. The idea of side markets is likely, and it's doubtful they'd punish people for it. They won't officially confirm or deny, and that's the answer. If they say they allow it, then they're back in legal implications.
6. iOS tablets are all covered, but Android is a more diverse market, and since it's a brand new goal, they haven't said yet.

So yeah, 2-5 have been answered. The answers are "to be determined". They don't have answers for you any more clear than that. The game's still in pre-alpha and half of those questions involve TONS of lawyer time to solve.

ForgedSol
05-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Add this:

I sent them the following message on kickstarter, so here it is and the response.

A question about the Collector tier. The bonus is 6 different alternate art cards a year, of which you get one copy each?

Trading for a matching playset of four cards is going to be interesting.
Hello David,

Yes, it started out as a single copy, however, there was a stretch goal that made it so you get two copies. But you are right, you'll need to trade for a complete playset.

Thanks.

Hopefully that'll clarify the topic.

The Stretch goal says double up on PvE cards, not PvP cards (which the AA cards are). Are the PvP counted as PvE cards in this case because they can still be used in PvE? Or was this a mistake that was emailed to at least two people.

Jarric
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
You will not likely get any "official" answer from CZE due to the "tell it on the mountain" issue of the internet. They tell you one thing, you interpret it and then you come blast the way you understand it on the internet and all of us read it and go omg omg thats awesome. Well if that's not wholly accurate then CZE has to spend time putting out the fire opposed to working on getting the game out. I have played a lot of games from companies being wide open to others being so closed off you think they are mutes.

Kickstarter is about faith and support. If you feel because you pledged money you're owned something then perhaps the kickstarter project isn't for you. You might want to take back your pledge and just wait for the release/beta. Otherwise just sit back enjoy the previews and wait in Christmas anticipation for the game to arrive.

DarkSeverance
05-22-2013, 03:35 PM
There aren't really official answer response post but there is already a compiled post with Q&A here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180).

Can we have multiple accounts?(not merged but mutliple)It is free, there is nothing stopping you from having multiple accounts. Most cards are trade-able although some Tier perks are not. There isn't exactly a perceived benefit from having multiple accounts though at this time.

Will there be real money tournaments and if so, when?They already said there are plans for Real Money tournaments but those are later on down the road. I'd probably expect at least 6 months to a year before those get off the ground honestly.

When can we see beta, now you have so much money availible, it should speed the process?
Q:The estimated delivery sep 2013 is that for the full game or the beta stages ?
A:September is the estimated delivery for the beta, which will have all of the PvP content and some of the PvE content.

Q:Sounds great, when do we think the release will be summer 2014 ?
A:Summer of 2014 would be the latest, though we really want to deliver it before that. We also want to make sure the experience is as stable and exciting as possible, so I don't think we will know for certain until we enter the beta.

What kind of tablets can we use? (kindle fire)?

Q:Any chance this might be headed to IOS as well?
A: Our immediate launch plans are PC and Mac, but the tech has built from the ground up for mobile. (NEW: With the funds raised by the reaching the 1.5 million stretch goal, we're going to bring on a veteran mobile team to put HEX on tablets. Yes, you'll see HEX on both iOS and Android because we want you to play when you want, where you want, on whichever device you choose.)

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 03:37 PM
The game is still in pre-alpha and many of these questions are difficult to answer at this point. We don’t want to cause issues by stating one thing now and have it change in the future due to unforeseen circumstances.

1) Each account in HEX requires a unique credit card to make purchases (there will also be other payment options, but they are still being explored). We won’t be able to stop you from opening multiple accounts with different cc’s. But our desire is to make the best and most stable environment possible. The requirement for unique cc’s will help control potential abuses of our community and content.
2) As stated in the video, our desire is to have real money tournaments. Currently, we are exploring the legal issues of this very complex challenge. We don’t have an ETA, but it is top of our priority list.
3) Beta is still scheduled for late summer. More money doesn’t always mean things can necessary get done faster. As soon as we have a version of the game that we feel comfortable with, we’ll make sure it gets into your hands. Even if this is before what we are currently targeting.
4) This is a very complex issue and one we don’t have an answer for you at this time. We would certainly like to get you one.
5) We are crafting our Terms of Service still, and our desire is that a player driven secondary market is something that is ok, but again, there are potential legal issues that we don’t have 100% visibility into, and must address before we can give a definitive answer on.
6) We are currently targeting iOS and Android platforms, but individual devices is premature to speculate on.

EDIT: Clarified response #1

Kroan
05-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Oi... What if you don't have a credit card? :) Sorry to jump right into it, but the whole reason to have PayPal pledges is for people who don't have a credit card, right?

Jarric
05-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks OP_Kyle for responding hopefully this shows the OP that CZE is out there and aware....

With that I must also reflect Kroans concerns on the Credit Card issue. Most F2P games don't REQUIRE one just to have an account. Making a purchase is fine but some of the players I am bringing don't have credit cards and if you require a different one per user I can't then put mine in for them to use. This will be an issue that needs to be re looked at and discussed I feel as it will severely limit the player base you can bring to this game.

Again not trying to put the coals under your feet or make you regret saying something just showing concern over new information (as I don't believe this to have been stated anywhere else).

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Oi... What if you don't have a credit card? :) Sorry to jump right into it, but the whole reason to have PayPal pledges is for people who don't have a credit card, right?

You won't need a credit card to create an account, just to make purchases on the account (there will also be other payment options, but they are still being explored). Sorry if my response confused you.

Marsden
05-22-2013, 03:55 PM
1) Each account in HEX requires a unique credit card. We won’t be able to stop you from opening multiple accounts with different cc’s. But our desire is to make the best and most stable environment possible. The requirement for unique cc’s will help control potential abuses of our community and content.

Whoa. Right away that makes me wary. Because some people simply don't have credit/debit cards and also some people will have the same credit account with two cards (e.g. couples) and I think that sometimes those cards have identical numbers and they'll want two accounts... Or what about someone with their account and an account for their kid? The kid won't have their own cc.

edit: Ah, ninja'd. OK, not so bad then for those without cards, but still the shared card issue.

Kroan
05-22-2013, 03:56 PM
You won't need a credit card to create an account, just to make purchases on the account (there will also be other payment options, but they are still being explored). Sorry if my response confused you.

Ah thanks a lot. That's what I wanted to hear. Phew! :D Thanks OP_Kyle for answering all questions here, good one!

Dratzl
05-22-2013, 03:57 PM
So this means i have to get myself a creditcard to buy platinum since i dont have a paypal account and i am not planning on creating one anytime soon?

I would love to see some sort of League of Legends/Blizzard payment method where you can buy the $-currency with your .. i think it is called ATM-Card? That is at least a common payment method in europe(austria) for a lot of games nowadays.

//Edit was too slow responding :)

Shepherd74
05-22-2013, 03:58 PM
1) Each account in HEX requires a unique credit card. We won’t be able to stop you from opening multiple accounts with different cc’s. But our desire is to make the best and most stable environment possible. The requirement for unique cc’s will help control potential abuses of our community and content.

So I have established KS Hex pledges for my father and wife (as gifts- King for Dad, Knight for my wife) under my credit card, will they not be able to maintain their Hex accounts unless we find unique credit cards for them? This seems a bit heavy handed. Especially for families with wives and children in the same household who may want to all be on one card. I want my family to play. I absolutely do not want them to have to pay for it.

I feel the need to also say that I really dig what you all are doing with this game. As I'm over $600 invested at this point that should be obvious. But I didn't want my first post to seem negative. Keep up the good work.

ForgedSol
05-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Ah thanks a lot. That's what I wanted to hear. Phew! :D Thanks OP_Kyle for answering all questions here, good one!

Not all questions were answered! I'm still wondering about the Collector Tier!

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Not all questions were answered! I'm still wondering about the Collector Tier!

What's the question? (so I don't have to dig for it - sorry, multitasking over here)

Dralon
05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
I would also request taking a look at the one account per credit card. My family has one card
we use, but I am planning on having 2 accounts, one for me and one for my son, that i will manage. I am not going to open a 2nd credit card just to maintain his account. Thus we cant play agaist each other, or raid together unless i own and use 2 separate credit cards? Please consider this situation as you continue to evaluate your business model.

Edit: saw your respons Kyle while I was typing. Great news and thanks for promptly addressing it

Parallax
05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
What's the question? (so I don't have to dig for it - sorry, multitasking over here)

They want to know how many copies of each of the 6 unique art PvP cards they get, and if that has been modified by stretch goals in any way.

Kroan
05-22-2013, 04:05 PM
I would also request taking a look at the one account per credit card. My family has one card
we use, but I am planning on having 2 accounts, one for me and one for my son, that i will manage. I am not going to open a 2nd credit card just to maintain his account. Thus we cant play agaist each other, or raid together unless i own and use 2 separate credit cards? Please consider this situation as you continue to evaluate your business model.

Maybe if you want to have more accounts on one creditcard, you have to send some proof that it's a family-member (i.e.; ID of that person). I remember vaguely that I had to do that for another game aswell where I wanted a second account for my little brother.

ForgedSol
05-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Here it is:

I sent them the following message on kickstarter, so here it is and the response.

A question about the Collector tier. The bonus is 6 different alternate art cards a year, of which you get one copy each?

Trading for a matching playset of four cards is going to be interesting.
Hello David,

Yes, it started out as a single copy, however, there was a stretch goal that made it so you get two copies. But you are right, you'll need to trade for a complete playset.

Thanks.

Hopefully that'll clarify the topic.

The only stretch goal that seems to apply is 660k. But that says, "1 additional copy of each kickstarter exclusive PvE card (does not apply to Spectral Lotus)." Are the PvP alternate art cards a part of this goal? Are they being counted as PvE cards in this case because they can still be used in PvE and so Collectors are actually getting two copies of each AA card? Or was this a mistake that was emailed to Parallax, and at least one other person who also reported he got a similar response and Collectors are just getting one each?

Lochar
05-22-2013, 04:07 PM
So I have established KS Hex pledges for my father and wife (as gifts- King for Dad, Knight for my wife) under my credit card, will they not be able to maintain their Hex accounts unless we find unique credit cards for them? This seems a bit heavy handed. Especially for families with wives and children in the same household who may want to all be on one card. I want my family to play. I absolutely do not want them to have to pay for it.

Visa pre-paid cards.

neonovas
05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
So this means i have to get myself a creditcard to buy platinum since i dont have a paypal account and i am not planning on creating one anytime soon?

I would love to see some sort of League of Legends/Blizzard payment method where you can buy the $-currency with your .. i think it is called ATM-Card? That is at least a common payment method in europe(austria) for a lot of games nowadays.

//Edit was too slow responding :)

Typically in the US when someone says you can/have to pay with a credit card it includes debit cards, which is what i assume you mean by ATM card. I really hope its the case since i dont even have a credit card.

Shepherd74
05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Maybe if you want to have more accounts on one creditcard, you have to send some proof that it's a family-member (i.e.; ID of that person). I remember vaguely that I had to do that for another game aswell where I wanted a second account for my little brother.

Need to be careful with this. Very careful. The wife and I bugged out of WoW over the 'Real ID' mess. I anticipate there are going to be a lot of families playing this game. And the last thing a husband or a father wants is personal information of his family sitting on a server somewhere to be poached or sold for data mining.

Lochar
05-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Actually, depending on what card you're using... Some of them offer throw away online CC numbers. Generate a few of those for your multiple accounts.

Dratzl
05-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Typically in the US when someone says you can/have to pay with a credit card it includes debit cards, which is what i assume you mean by ATM card. I really hope its the case since i dont even have a credit card.

Ah debit card it is - was not sure how to name it since in austria we call our debit cards just "Bankomat"-card where "Bankomat" translated stands for ATM ^^

Thanks for the insight though :)

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Here it is:

The only stretch goal that seems to apply is 660k. But that says, "1 additional copy of each kickstarter exclusive PvE card (does not apply to Spectral Lotus)." Are the PvP alternate art cards a part of this goal? Are they being counted as PvE cards in this case because they can still be used in PvE and so Collectors are actually getting two copies of each AA card? Or was this a mistake that was emailed to Parallax, and at least one other person who also reported he got a similar response and Collectors are just getting one each?

You're going to have to wait on this until tomorrow's update... DUN DUN Duuuuuuu!

stiii
05-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Ah debit card it is - was not sure how to name it since in austria we call our debit cards just "Bankomat"-card where "Bankomat" translated stands for ATM ^^

Thanks for the insight though :)

I can use my debit card to pay for the kickstarter so it seems likely we will be able to use it for the game as well.

ForgedSol
05-22-2013, 04:26 PM
You're going to have to wait on this until tomorrow's update... DUN DUN Duuuuuuu!

Okay thanks OP_Kyle! You're presence here is very much appreciated!

Daer
05-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Kyle on a scale of 1 to "Mauled to death by a bear" how nervous are you?

Tinuvas
05-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Oh no. With the updated stretch goals I was reeeeeally hoping to NOT have to stare at my screen around noon tomorrow waiting desperately for the pebbles of new info coming out of Irvine. *sigh*. Crypto, you are full of cruel, cruel people.

I'll forgive you if you have new card previews. Just saying.

Cornholio666
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Please update the Tier "contents boxes" with all the stretch rewards, I think last update was at 490k

Dratzl
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I can use my debit card to pay for the kickstarter so it seems likely we will be able to use it for the game as well.

Seems to be different for other countries, i could only pledge through the credit card from my sister sadly. :)

BohemianStalker
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
The game is still in pre-alpha and many of these questions are difficult to answer at this point. We donít want to cause issues by stating one thing now and have it change in the future due to unforeseen circumstances.

1) Each account in HEX requires a unique credit card to make purchases (there will also be other payment options, but they are still being explored). We wonít be able to stop you from opening multiple accounts with different ccís. But our desire is to make the best and most stable environment possible. The requirement for unique ccís will help control potential abuses of our community and content.
2) As stated in the video, our desire is to have real money tournaments. Currently, we are exploring the legal issues of this very complex challenge. We donít have an ETA, but it is top of our priority list.
3) Beta is still scheduled for late summer. More money doesnít always mean things can necessary get done faster. As soon as we have a version of the game that we feel comfortable with, weíll make sure it gets into your hands. Even if this is before what we are currently targeting.
4) This is a very complex issue and one we donít have an answer for you at this time. We would certainly like to get you one.
5) We are crafting our Terms of Service still, and our desire is that a player driven secondary market is something that is ok, but again, there are potential legal issues that we donít have 100% visibility into, and must address before we can give a definitive answer on.
6) We are currently targeting iOS and Android platforms, but individual devices is premature to speculate on.

EDIT: Clarified response #1

You actually responded O_o. I understand you cant have all the clear answers at this point. Still I thank you very much for all the effort you put into this post. I am from little European country , 10 million people only but Ill try to make you a good name out here. You proved to me today that you are the company I want to support. Please dont ever loose the(this :-) ) touch. Sincerely BohemianStalker

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Please update the Tier "contents boxes" with all the stretch rewards, I think last update was at 490k

Saw Larry the Art Magician working on these today. They are not uncomplicated.

djlowballer
05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
edit: Ah, ninja'd. OK, not so bad then for those without cards, but still the shared card issue.

Shared CC still have a different security code on the back and a different name on the front. It should work without problems as I have used my wife's card for unique accounts in some local games.

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Kyle on a scale of 1 to "Mauled to death by a bear" how nervous are you?

My current plan is to get Cory and I in luchadora outfits to fight the bear together. I'll feel more "brave" with him by my side.

SEE WHAT I DID THERE!!!

Lochar
05-22-2013, 05:27 PM
You feel more brave in the manner of "I don't have to outrun the bear, just Cory."

Ebynfel
05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Hey Kyle, I plan to have my daughter play with her own account, being as I would control funds to the account, would there be for sure some alternate way to pay other than my one CC that I have? I plan to fund both accounts, but as she is a minor, it would be me spending the money. Is paypal being considered as an option as well?

Also ,i do plan on backing her at King Tier if I can, and keeping the accounts separate, so that we can play together, is there a way other than me going out and getting another CC that we can do this?

OP_Kyle
05-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey Kyle, I plan to have my daughter play with her own account, being as I would control funds to the account, would there be for sure some alternate way to pay other than my one CC that I have? I plan to fund both accounts, but as she is a minor, it would be me spending the money. Is paypal being considered as an option as well?

Also ,i do plan on backing her at King Tier if I can, and keeping the accounts separate, so that we can play together, is there a way other than me going out and getting another CC that we can do this?

We're working on alternate payment methods, but it is a bit soon to set those expectations with you until we have things locked in.

Glad you'll be playing with your daughter, I'll be playing with mine as well :-)

Kietay
05-22-2013, 06:20 PM
For all the people worried about having multiple accounts for their family with one credit card, don't worry. All you have to do is buy platinum on your CC verified account and then give it to your family members.

Beastmaster
05-22-2013, 06:24 PM
So Crypto will have an easy way to prevent people selling their accounts if/when they leave...
Bruce: Crypto ive changed my credit card
Crypto: sure just let us verify.. So you have changed your name too? ...Paul?
Bruce: umm... damn.. yeah its paul here
Later: *wait, bruce, i want my money back, they voided the account you sold me*

... Interesting
(of course selling a Pro would probably violate the terms anyway just like insurance on a new product doesn't pass to a second hand buyer)

Ebynfel
05-22-2013, 06:30 PM
For all the people worried about having multiple accounts for their family with one credit card, don't worry. All you have to do is buy platinum on your CC verified account and then give it to your family members.

I figured that's what i would do, but if each account requires CC verification this would still pose a problem. for the kickstarter, I just figured I'd paypal her King.

We're working on alternate payment methods, but it is a bit soon to set those expectations with you until we have things locked in.

Glad you'll be playing with your daughter, I'll be playing with mine as well :-)

it was never a question in my mind, from the moment i saw the Kickstarter on the 8th that she'd be playing beside me. In either case, I am sure we'll make it work out. Biggest concern is the card verification, if both accounts are made legit, trading can accomplish other goals(and I can control her spending).

**Edit** Almost forgot, thank you for the speedy response, Kyle. I understand the issue, I just wanted to hear someone say it SHOULD be possible. I realize its early in the game:)

elsimer
05-22-2013, 06:51 PM
with a T rating expected, I'll probably let my 11 year old play (supervised) as well! Dangit, now I'm wondering if I should get him a Warrior or Captain pledge (to go with my PP and my wife's DC)

Lochar
05-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Get a Primal and give your son the PP.

Shepherd74
05-22-2013, 07:00 PM
I still think the policy for families needs to be fleshed out more, but I appreciate the fast response.

Deathfog
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Unique CC adequately if not completely fixes the VIP loophole, that's a good thing for the long term.

MrSeriousBsns
05-23-2013, 02:58 AM

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think the question about the PvP alternate art cards was ever officially answered.

DeusPhasmatis
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM

Nothing in the update about this...
:(

Eadwyn
05-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Nothing in the update about this...
:(

I asked about it in the update comments, but no response so far.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 02:32 PM
I asked about it in the update comments, but no response so far.
I sent a message as well, I'll post in a few threads if I get a meaningful response.

OP_Kyle
05-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I sent a message as well, I'll post in a few threads if I get a meaningful response.

We switched gears with today's update. Sorry for getting your hopes up. It will be commented on soon.

Thanks for the patience.

Gwaer
05-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks for getting back to us at least Kyle.

DeusPhasmatis
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM
We switched gears with today's update. Sorry for getting your hopes up. It will be commented on soon.

Thanks for the patience.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

ForgedSol
05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes, thank you for keeping us updated! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be reading between the lines in this update or not concerning this.

Ebynfel
05-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I do have one question ,as this popped up on the Kickstarter comments. In your alternate potential payent methods, is it your goal to be able to track said payment method to prevent abuse of the VIP program? Again, I'm not asking for details, just if this is the goal as it stands, and why alternate pay methods are difficult right now.