PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for the buck

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking of going Grand king + pro + collector. I'll definitely be going at least grand king + pro, the only question is if the second collector is worth it. Thoughts?

Lochar
05-22-2013, 05:49 PM
You'll have lots of Spectral Lotus gardens. And probably a bunch of alt arts. And four+ of every Kickstarter card. Do you want to spend a grand?

And I'm leaving this thread before I talk myself into it.

Bloodiron
05-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure where you are exactly, but something I heard from somewhere....

This is America, we don't think, we DO!

Talreth
I dunno, are you thinking those alt art cards are gonna be supa valuable?

nearlysober
I'm assuming you have GK + Pro locked up already then :)

How are you judging worth?

"Cash Value"
If you're hoping to make future earnings of the alternate art pvp cards I'd be careful... its too difficult to predict.

"Collector value"
If you know you're going to want full playsets of all future alternate art cards adding that collector will help as you'll get 2 of each then it'll be easier to fill in your collection.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm assuming you have GK + Pro locked up already then :)

How are you judging worth?

"Cash Value"
If you're hoping to make future earnings of the alternate art pvp cards I'd be careful... its too difficult to predict.

"Collector value"
If you know you're going to want full playsets of all future alternate art cards adding that collector will help as you'll get 2 of each then it'll be easier to fill in your collection.

It's honestly a little of both. I figure if they're super valuable I'll sell them, if not i'll try to buy a playset. just having two doesn't sound great... But also just having one doesn't either.

FranBunnyFFXII
05-22-2013, 06:48 PM
wow...yall are heavy spenders. o.o
boy I was estatic to be able to afford King Teir.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-22-2013, 06:51 PM
2xGK would be better than GK + Collector + Pro in my opinion. The GKs open up every now and then so you'd have to be super lucky but it could be done.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 06:58 PM
You raise a valid point mushroom. Getting filled tiers is not a problem for me at all. I will have to think on this.

*edit Though, that would mean substantially less season 1 boosters, and less lotus gardens... Also I believe none of the other bonuses except the 20 pieces of gear, and the 30 packs to give out to friends from the dungeon crawler and guild master tiers stack.

Brumby66
05-22-2013, 07:55 PM
You raise a valid point mushroom. Getting filled tiers is not a problem for me at all. I will have to think on this.

*edit Though, that would mean substantially less season 1 boosters, and less lotus gardens... Also I believe none of the other bonuses except the 20 pieces of gear, and the 30 packs to give out to friends from the dungeon crawler and guild master tiers stack.

If I were getting 2 GK's I would definitely keep them on separate accounts.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 07:58 PM
If I were getting 2 GK's I would definitely keep them on separate accounts.

Another valid suggestion, at some point I might be able to sell the second account for more than I paid for both accounts I suppose, and then basically have a free GK

Talreth
05-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Another valid suggestion, at some point I might be able to sell the second account for more than I paid for both accounts I suppose, and then basically have a free GK

I bet double Lady Cassandra gives the best bang for your buck. But with double GK on sep accs you could have one for a trusted friend to play on at some point as well.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I think I'm going to nix my pro, and go 2x GK and not merge them.

Qorsair
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM
I think I'm going to nix my pro, and go 2x GK and not merge them.

Now you have me thinking about my GK+Pro and my wife's Pro...

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 08:48 PM
The way I see it I'm probably losing out on a lotus garden, and some set 1 boosters from the additional king from the merged in pro + collector, but I'm gaining an independent account with all sorts of incredible value that can be used for basically quad loot rolls if i raid with myself, or let friends play on it, or just sell it for incredible amounts and still keep a pretty darn good account for myself.

Brumby66
05-22-2013, 08:59 PM
The way I see it I'm probably losing out on a lotus garden, and some set 1 boosters from the additional king from the merged in pro + collector, but I'm gaining an independent account with all sorts of incredible value that can be used for basically quad loot rolls if i raid with myself, or let friends play on it, or just sell it for incredible amounts and still keep a pretty darn good account for myself.

Lol yeah. If I had the money to double GK that's what I'd do. Glad I could add some insight. It would be a terrible waste to merge GK's lol.

Hadin
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm thinking of going Grand king + pro + collector. I'll definitely be going at least grand king + pro, the only question is if the second collector is worth it. Thoughts?

I opted for 2x GK instead of the GK + PP + Collector I had. The main reason was because I I lost out on 60 Set 1 boosters (replacing the second King bonus with the Guild Master pack bonus) and gained 50 Set 2 boosters. I lost out on some additional copies of exclusives as well, but I know I would be buying an equivalent number of set 2 packs, so this saved me $100 in the future.

edit: I should add that I consider set 2 boosters to be worth substantially more than set 1 boosters given the expected flood.

Chance
05-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Forewarning Cory posted today that they won't allow you to have two accounts with the same credit card. So if YOU are going to do this this MAY be against the TOS but you COULD get around it by saying your not going to do it and then do it anyway with a separate Credit Card and Info. While I don't agree with this option I'd rather you have everything laid out for you then at the end of the KS you get boned with merging two GK.

Gwaer
05-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Forewarning Cory posted today that they won't allow you to have two accounts with the same credit card. So if YOU are going to do this this MAY be against the TOS but you COULD get around it by saying your not going to do it and then do it anyway with a separate Credit Card and Info. While I don't agree with this option I'd rather you have everything laid out for you then at the end of the KS you get boned with merging two GK.

That's true, ostensibly I could just use my wifes credit card and that could be her account, and if she doesnt take to the game we can get rid of it. Decisions decisions. Also there will supposedly be an update tomorrow that will clear up exactly what the collector is getting, so we'll see how that goes too.

Brumby66
05-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Actually that is not really true. OP_Kyle said they are exploring other options of payment. Some people are playing the game with their children. Obviously children don't have credit cards. Also, some went through PayPal for the exact reason that they have no credit card. There will be ways to have 2 accounts. I can't think of a good way to block it. IP address blocking wont work. Neither will credit cards.

KeplerVerge
05-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Interesting. That's a heavy counter to multiple pledges. However, if it's free to play, this is a non-issue unless you want to purchase items with all accounts involved

Daer
05-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Interesting. That's a heavy counter to multiple pledges. However, if it's free to play, this is a non-issue unless you want to purchase items with all accounts involved

Most people with multi pledges are merging them anyway, plus Kyle said they are looking into other pay options anyway.